IGNORED

Sense Of A Gashead

Dorset_Cider

Totally out of the 'Blue' I had a chat with a Gashead today..... he was living in Weymouth

In the conversation the 'Bristol' element of the Gashead came out..... like many Gasheads you get to have a one to one chat with ....... he described himself as a realist....

Letting him continue, he stated that despite being a gashead he saw Bristol City as the team to take 'Bristol' forward as far as football was concerned.......... his statement was that 'Bristol City' were the best chance of bringing success to Bristol in footballing terms.

And he was all for it as he could see that it would be good for Bristol and even good for the Gas.

Now he did not want to see a 'Bristol United' team and wanted the Gas to continue but did not think the current set up was going to do the biz....... he was unhappy regarding the Management of the club and the big Dunster

I mentioned that he came over as a true Bristolian in the respect of the many of you in Bristol that share an interest in 'Bristol Teams' to the extent that you don't all want the other team to fall flat on their faces..... I stressed that I would be happy to see the Gas do that......... but even then by the end of the conversation I could not help but understand the level of backing for 'Bristol' in his comments.

He did feel worried for the plight of the gas........ I stated that I didn't, but I felt that my statement was undeserved as he was such a nice guy and you could not help but feel for him as a fellow fan.

When faced with such a level of honesty it is hard to not feel some sympathy......... he was a great guy and not because he was weak in any sense..... he was just a Gashead that loved Bristol.................... hats off to him !

We have a few on here and most of us love em too

:D

Guest MaloneFM

Unlike some rowdy elements I don't hate the gas any more. Its like kicking a sick child. I want them to stay in the league.

They are like a cheeky kid that you catch nicking apples from your tree. You give them a freindly kick up the arse and send them on their way.

Unlike some rowdy elements I don't hate the gas any more. Its like kicking a sick child. I want them to stay in the league.

They are like a cheeky kid that you catch nicking apples from your tree. You give them a freindly kick up the arse and send them on their way.

With or without the apples?

I'd be happy ......... but then sad as they ain't much different from us really are they despite what we say?

Please don't hold me to this statement :)

Its called humility - and unfortunately for most Gas fans its a bitter pill to swallow - but unavoidable.Their plight over the last few season has awakened a realism that was missing before.Several seasons in the basement of the football league does that to fans.

I must admit that I miss the rivalry between the two clubs.No longer can we "banter" with gasheads.They just accept their situation and barely respond to jibes and p1ss taking anymore.Its really sad.... :crying:

That seems to be the case with most Gasheads.

Theres one in my office, and I genuinely believes that he sees City as a massive club, of which Rovers will never be able to match in terms of status and fanbase. Even after the Forest match when we were all convinced that relegation was a real possibility he assured me that we would turn things around and finish the season around the playoff places. Now, based on current form he could well be right. They love it when we fail every year of course, but throughout the whole year, they seem to prepare themselves with the inevitability that we will go up sooner or later.

Trouble is, you can never trust the Gas to stay down in the basement. I don't want them challenging us in any way. Every new fan that goes to the Gas is a fan we could have had under different circumstances - someone who'd like to see local football but has made the wrong choice.

Best thing that could happen is the Gas drop into non-league or go bust. Then there will be one team in Bristol and no sideshow to detract from where the city's energy and focus should go.

Trouble is, you can never trust the Gas to stay down in the basement. I don't want them challenging us in any way. Every new fan that goes to the Gas is a fan we could have had under different circumstances - someone who'd like to see local football but has made the wrong choice.

Best thing that could happen is the Gas drop into non-league or go bust. Then there will be one team in Bristol and no sideshow to detract from where the city's energy and focus should go.

Spot on!!! Let em slip slip into the conference and then oblivion I say.......nasty blue hobbits!!! :city:

Totally out of the 'Blue' I had a chat with a Gashead today..... he was living in Weymouth

In the conversation the 'Bristol' element of the Gashead came out..... like many Gasheads you get to have a one to one chat with ....... he described himself as a realist....

Letting him continue, he stated that despite being a gashead he saw Bristol City as the team to take 'Bristol' forward as far as football was concerned.......... his statement was that 'Bristol City' were the best chance of bringing success to Bristol in footballing terms.

And he was all for it as he could see that it would be good for Bristol and even good for the Gas.

Now he did not want to see a 'Bristol United' team and wanted the Gas to continue but did not think the current set up was going to do the biz....... he was unhappy regarding the Management of the club and the big Dunster

I mentioned that he came over as a true Bristolian in the respect of the many of you in Bristol that share an interest in 'Bristol Teams' to the extent that you don't all want the other team to fall flat on their faces..... I stressed that I would be happy to see the Gas do that......... but even then by the end of the conversation I could not help but understand the level of backing for 'Bristol' in his comments.

He did feel worried for the plight of the gas........ I stated that I didn't, but I felt that my statement was undeserved as he was such a nice guy and you could not help but feel for him as a fellow fan.

When faced with such a level of honesty it is hard to not feel some sympathy......... he was a great guy and not because he was weak in any sense..... he was just a Gashead that loved Bristol.................... hats off to him !

We have a few on here and most of us love em too

:D

:doh: Ever thought he was crapping himself and knew how to respect a CITY fan ! Never turn your back on one :devil:

Guest DrFaustus

What bitter nonsense.

Up here in Scotland amongst a work force of hundreds there have emerged 2 Bristol fans. One being a red the other a gas head. We often converse in the bar over a pint during a sky sports Super Sunday about the plight of our clubs. During a conversation last week, the first thing he said was ''you've got an amazing manager you lucky buggers'' he went on to explain that most gas heads have accepted that we are the force in Bristol and that they don't want to merge to one club. We both agreed that the rivalry has depleted in recent years. I replied that I did wish we had a regular derby again but we agreed the fact is that the worse one does the better the other will do. Hence I believe our promotion will hinge on Rovers relegation. Maybe not to the Championship but definatly any further.

Guest DrFaustus

Up here in Scotland amongst a work force of hundreds there have emerged 2 Bristol fans. One being a red the other a gas head. We often converse in the bar over a pint during a sky sports Super Sunday about the plight of our clubs. During a conversation last week, the first thing he said was ''you've got an amazing manager you lucky buggers'' he went on to explain that most gas heads have accepted that we are the force in Bristol and that they don't want to merge to one club. We both agreed that the rivalry has depleted in recent years. I replied that I did wish we had a regular derby again but we agreed the fact is that the worse one does the better the other will do. Hence I believe our promotion will hinge on Rovers relegation. Maybe not to the Championship but definatly any further.

Gaz, much more eloquent than the usual cynical bile from RedTop. May I ask, what makes you think if Rovers got relegated or went bust, that any of us would suddenly want to watch your mob?

Gaz, much more eloquent than the usual cynical bile from RedTop. May I ask, what makes you think if Rovers got relegated or went bust, that any of us would suddenly want to watch your mob?

Thank you doctor. however I didn't state that any of you would start to come and watch our mob. I personally wouldn't expect you to. However kids as they grow up will want to come and watch better football. We then go into catchment areas and all that bollards, but to keep it simple kids will grow up and choose to watch Bristol City. For example Tranny and Liverpool on a higher scale. Tranny will never be a big because of the other 2. Hence I do think that currently we can only get bigger and I am sorry to say I don't think it looks bright for the gas.

Guest DrFaustus

Thank you doctor. however I didn't state that any of you would start to come and watch our mob. I personally wouldn't expect you to. However kids as they grow up will want to come and watch better football. We then go into catchment areas and all that bollards, but to keep it simple kids will grow up and choose to watch Bristol City. For example Tranny and Liverpool on a higher scale. Tranny will never be a big because of the other 2. Hence I do think that currently we can only get bigger and I am sorry to say I don't think it looks bright for the gas.

I see your points sir. As for our future, broken needle time and I hope it was a clean one, but with the presnt bunch of Billy Smarts in charge at our club, our future is less than rosy and more of the stuff you put on roses to encourage growth.

Good health. :)

I see your points sir. As for our future, broken needle time and I hope it was a clean one, but with the presnt bunch of Billy Smarts in charge at our club, our future is less than rosy and more of the stuff you put on roses to encourage growth.

Good health. :)

Good health to you to sir.

Oh the witty comment we all love.

Guest DrFaustus

Doctor f, i tried to reply to your mail, but it would,nt allow me to send it, anyway thanks, no i did,nt tell Malone that, and good luck, hope this time Dunford picks a good,un!

:city:

Cheers me babber - I have no idea to what you refer, I assume a message was sent to you whilst under the influence of some particularly virulent apple juice. (Naughty Katy!)

Well I don't see why Bristol and the surrounding area can't support 2 decent-sized football clubs. There's enough people out there to support both teams if they start doing well.

I'd like nothing more than to see both clubs in the Championship, or even the Premiership - with City coming out on top in all derby games of course.

Well I don't see why Bristol and the surrounding area can't support 2 decent-sized football clubs. There's enough people out there to support both teams if they start doing well.

I'd like nothing more than to see both clubs in the Championship, or even the Premiership - with City coming out on top in all derby games of course.

BRISTOL CITY FC AND WHO'S THE OTHER TEAM IN BRISTOL THEN? :rofl2br:

What about the rugger buggers ........ what do you suggest we do to them to focus on us?

Archived