IGNORED

Skuse Targeted By Premiership Teams

Byrd9999

EP says that Tottenham have been to watch him and Man U are keeping tabs on him.

Seeing as he has the potential to be a great player, what chance do we have of keeping him beyond the end of his current contract (end of next season?)

He'll be 21 then, and players under 24 can't leave on a Bosman, so we'll get something for him if he goes, but i would love to see him stay.

Is he going to be another Rosenior/Hill/Anyinsah or a Lita?

Much will depend on which division City will be playing next season as to whether Skuse stays at City or otherwise.

Hopefully his superb performances will help determine that... He doesnt seem a little money grabbing whatsit and he might pledge his future to this club by signing a new deal...

Ok, i'll wake up now :rolleyes:

Hes good but hes not Man U quality.

What are you talking about - he would walk in that team!

But seriously, Manchester United have a proven track record of recognising potential and raw talent - and turning that into a great player.

Hopefully City can do that, and I'm hopeful Skusey recognises the breaks that we gave him - he seems like a loyal lad.

But then again, if United did come knocking - who could blame him? As robbored says - if we are playing championship football, or there abouts, we stand a good chance of keeping hold of him for a little while yet.

Hate to say this but theres agents watching players every week at the gate. I overheard a conversation by a board member last season who said there were 30 people watching Lita when we beat Tranmere 4 nil last season.

I hope we get success as this will me we will keep the current crop of youngsters like Skuse, Brown and Cotterill instead of them being luured into the temptation at the end of the season due to another season failed in this division!

Guest C.T.I.D

Good idea I have some string here anyone good at tying knotts??????? ;)

myself and codfather are fishermen of the highest order so thats the knots sorted :D

Guest alex1089

Why don't we offer all our youth players like Golbourne,Skuse, Brown and Cotterill 4 year deals to start off? There going to be getting hardley any money compared to other players and are the future of the club. Skuse signed a 2 year deal if I remember correctly, The club have done very well in the Cottrill contract for the extra 1 year, Golbourne only signed for 2 years also. Brooker needs an extra year on top of his contract too as he signed on a 3 year deal and that runs out and the end of next season! We need to think ahead and put this club in good stead for the future contract wise. Wilkshire needs a new deal too!

Guest C.T.I.D

Or failing that I could handcuff him. Just got to remember what i did with the handcuffs now let me see...... :ph34r:;)

oooooh kinky,i like the sound of that.........ill test them ;)

Guest Champagne Football

Personally I think he is not good enough for our level still. On Tues he made one killer pass (the goal), law of averages says that you will make at least one in the 10 games he has played in central midfield, so nothing to surprise me there. However whenever Barnsley looked threatening it was when they were running from midfield, and yes you guessed it, Skuse just watched them all drift past him, wandering around doing very little. Every single attack came from Skuse's inability to close down runners from midfield, I know this because I was watching him very closesly, still disillusioned from fan's praise of him.

He did look good defensivley though, but he is supposed to be a midfielder. He is a good defender, poor midfielder, as most people around me agreed on Tuesday.

If we have no intention of playing him in defence, I would let him go for around £20k because he doesn't hack it in midfield.

Archived