IGNORED

Half Time Entertainment

robins72

So what did everyone think about the hald time entertainment? I must say it was funny seeing an African on the pitch dancing his tribal dance as we havent seen any entertainment for a while.

Seriously though do we need half time entertainment or is it a waste of money???

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

So what did everyone think about the hald time entertainment? I must say it was funny seeing an African on the pitch dancing. Wonder if he was the HArtlepool mascot in disguise?

Seriously though do we need half time entertainment or is it a waste of money???

sorry but i thought you were the one claiming racism is bad yet now you call this african man a monkey???

i hope that this wasn't intentional

Oh for gods sake, you have to admit he did look quite amusing.

And thats nothing to do with the colour of his skin, Gary chuffing Johnson would have looked strange wearing that and shaking his bits about!

Seeing that would be worth the entrance fee alone. Maybe he should tell everyone he will do it when we get promotion, then teh players may try harder so they get a good laugh at the end of the season.

Compared to some away games the half time "entertainment" at AG is simply dire...

At Brentford last week they had a target similar to a bullseye around the center circle and center spot which fans from both teams had to try and stop the ball in from about 20 yards.A simple idea but quite a laugh and the travelling away support were cheering on ther fans.

We have nothing like that at AG and have to put with a desperately inadequate PA system which makes anything non visual impossible to enjoy.

Guest Stafford

Half time is just 15 (fifteen) minutes. If you can't last that long without some trivial sensory stimulation then God help you. It's a bit like those supporter who complain about the catering at Ashton Gate - for goodness sake, a game only last 90 minutes. If you can't last that long without an injection of fat/sugar/caffeine then I suggest there is something rather wrong with your metabolism. When I was a kid, half-time was spent engaging in conversation - that means talking - with fellow supporters. There was no 'hype' via the tannoy - and the highlight was some guy posting half-time scores on a board - A 0-1 B 2-0 - bet that makes no sense to most of you?! And if half-time refreshments had cost half what they cost today we would have wrecked the place! Bottom line was the atmosphere was ten times better than at the Gtae these days without any artificial stimulus. Paid my first visit to the Gate in awhile today - and basically not a lot has changed. In some ways, a defeat was a good thing. Why? Just listen to last evening's Geoff Twentyman's phone-in. One guy was asking how long we could hang on to GJ before a Premiership club came in - the next guy was suggesting GJ was good - and charasmatic - enough to manage England! It was a little bit embarrassing to listen to such crass comment. GJ is a fine manager at Division 3 level - probably a decent Division 2 manager - but no more just yet. The £35-40 I spent today was probably a poor expenditure of scarce resources ... I remain one of those part-time supporters. Convince me otherwise!

Guest Stafford

I remember the half-time entertainment being the Brook Bond Chimpanzees - think it was v west ham. I felt insulted - an intelligent supporter - and the club felt fit to use monkeys to amuse me. The game itself is the entertainment - allegedly - and half time is a brief interlude to rest and reflect (for those of us for whom a 10 minute 'vacuum' does not represent sensory deprivation).

Half time is just 15 (fifteen) minutes. If you can't last that long without some trivial sensory stimulation then God help you. It's a bit like those supporter who complain about the catering at Ashton Gate - for goodness sake, a game only last 90 minutes. If you can't last that long without an injection of fat/sugar/caffeine then I suggest there is something rather wrong with your metabolism. When I was a kid, half-time was spent engaging in conversation - that means talking - with fellow supporters. There was no 'hype' via the tannoy - and the highlight was some guy posting half-time scores on a board - A 0-1 B 2-0 - bet that makes no sense to most of you?! And if half-time refreshments had cost half what they cost today we would have wrecked the place! Bottom line was the atmosphere was ten times better than at the Gtae these days without any artificial stimulus. Paid my first visit to the Gate in awhile today - and basically not a lot has changed. In some ways, a defeat was a good thing. Why? Just listen to last evening's Geoff Twentyman's phone-in. One guy was asking how long we could hang on to GJ before a Premiership club came in - the next guy was suggesting GJ was good - and charasmatic - enough to manage England! It was a little bit embarrassing to listen to such crass comment. GJ is a fine manager at Division 3 level - probably a decent Division 2 manager - but no more just yet. The £35-40 I spent today was probably a poor expenditure of scarce resources ... I remain one of those part-time supporters. Convince me otherwise!

:chant6ez:

So what did everyone think about the hald time entertainment? I must say it was funny seeing an African on the pitch dancing his tribal dance as we havent seen any entertainment for a while.

Best half time entertainment of all time, was when the 3 little pigs had a scrap with the big bad wolf. no other football club can top that for pure surrealist panto. :rolleyes:

I revive a post of a few weeks back, and yearn for the days of the police dog display teams.

Anybody remember the Bristol School of Samba? sponsored by Ultra yonks ago, I think.

And yes, I do recall the H-T A, B, C etc scoreboards. Happy days.

Archived