IGNORED

We're At It Again...

RedTop

A few days ago you couldn't move on here for predictions that we were going up. The players were class and now that they've got a manager who could organise them, it was simply a matter of seeing out the rest of the games before we reached the Promised Land.

There was much talk about how the fans were getting behing the players, we were all united behind GJ and we'd shout them on no matter what.

So I come on here after a pretty decent performance when all that was lacking was a goal, and what do I see?

Stewart's a waste of space. Skuse is "a passenger", Madjo adds nothing, Bridges isn't fit, Phillips flaps at everything. Gillespie's even got criticised for his actions today, and he wasn't even in the squad.

Jeez. So much for getting behind the lads no matter what. Yes, they lacked a cutting edge today to a certain extent. But we played blinding football at times, the keeper pulled off a save I still can't believe, Bridges should've scored and we've had 21 shots at goal.

We are not going to win every game for the rest of the season. Are we going to post stuff like this every time we drop points? If so, it adds up to the sort of negativity that GJ has been saying can be counter-productive. Yes, I know we'll have people on here posting that it's a forum etc etc. But getting on the back of players is hardly the way to get the best out of them. Negativity like that isn't going to help. Added to which, most of the complaints about today were just not justified.

A few days ago you couldn't move on here for predictions that we were going up. The players were class and now that they've got a manager who could organise them, it was simply a matter of seeing out the rest of the games before we reached the Promised Land.

There was much talk about how the fans were getting behing the players, we were all united behind GJ and we'd shout them on no matter what.

So I come on here after a pretty decent performance when all that was lacking was a goal, and what do I see?

Stewart's a waste of space. Skuse is "a passenger", Madjo adds nothing, Bridges isn't fit, Phillips flaps at everything. Gillespie's even got criticised for his actions today, and he wasn't even in the squad.

Jeez. So much for getting behind the lads no matter what. Yes, they lacked a cutting edge today to a certain extent. But we played blinding football at times, the keeper pulled off a save I still can't believe, Bridges should've scored and we've had 21 shots at goal.

We are not going to win every game for the rest of the season. Are we going to post stuff like this every time we drop points? If so, it adds up to the sort of negativity that GJ has been saying can be counter-productive. Yes, I know we'll have people on here posting that it's a forum etc etc. But getting on the back of players is hardly the way to get the best out of them. Negativity like that isn't going to help. Added to which, most of the complaints about today were just not justified.

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::city::city: city till i die ,i enjoyed the game and if we just get mid tabkle thsi year but play on yer feet football then that will do me!

Those are just a few individual opinions though. Not the consensus.

Just like when you have some annoying prat behind you slagging players off, there will be people on here who rant in a similar way.

A better way to judge if the fans are behind the team no matter what is to listen to the crowd as a whole. Today they were noisy when we went behind and applauded the team off despite a defeat. There were probably people moaning then too, but thankfully we couldn't hear them.

Maybe there could be a topic page on here titled "Moaners Forum".

It does my head in when I read the (oops,I said a naughty word) on here. If you play for Bristol City F.C, YOU MUST play well in EVERY game you play, and ALL The strikers who play MUST score,Or you will get torn apart :grr:

Its a good job the players don't read this forum and realise who fickle the fans are :disapointed2se:

I think obviously we knew sooner or later that we'd loose, but it no one believed it would be today against Hartlepool who had been struggling themselves.

Like you say all we lacked is a goal. It was the same 16 that started on Tuesday, but we didn't have the same luck, the ball just didn't bounce for us whilst on Tuesday we could do no wrong.The effort was there but the confidence faltered a bit too much. Gary now has 2 weeks to work on this and other issues. Maybe it will be better in the long run that he does so rather than the players and the fans becomming complacent if we had scraped a draw. I don't get the feeling 'complaicent' and 'garry johnson' go together.

Those are just a few individual opinions though. Not the consensus.

Just like when you have some annoying prat behind you slagging players off, there will be people on here who rant in a similar way.

A better way to judge if the fans are behind the team no matter what is to listen to the crowd as a whole. Today they were noisy when we went behind and applauded the team off despite a defeat. There were probably people moaning then too, but thankfully we couldn't hear them.

That's a fair point well argued.

RedTop,

I thought you were a journalist. What happened to objective criticism?

Are you saying we shouldn't criticise the players because GJ says it is counter-productive? Anything else that GJ says that we need to go along with? :dunno:

You say that we had a pretty decent performance. For me, it was the best we have played since the first 30mins of Port Vale. The difference is we scored 4 goals during the Vale game.

I found the attitude of the crowd fascinating. During the first half many of the crowd applauded good passes. I think this is the first time I have ever heard this at AG. After the game some of the crowd applauded the team off the pitch. We had just lost. To a struggling Hartlepool who had clearly come for a draw. We had just lost for the first time this season at home in the League. And people applauded the team off the pitch.

I agree with this response. It is positive and can only help the younger players. But the contrast with the Tinnion times is amazing. I hope GJ has the skill to turn this into success. I don't want to applaud the team from the field after too many defeats. Hope this is OK with you?

RedTop,

I thought you were a journalist. What happened to objective criticism?

Are you saying we shouldn't criticise the players because GJ says it is counter-productive? Anything else that GJ says that we need to go along with? :dunno:

You say that we had a pretty decent performance. For me, it was the best we have played since the first 30mins of Port Vale. The difference is we scored 4 goals during the Vale game.

I found the attitude of the crowd fascinating. During the first half many of the crowd applauded good passes. I think this is the first time I have ever heard this at AG. After the game some of the crowd applauded the team off the pitch. We had just lost. To a struggling Hartlepool who had clearly come for a draw. We had just lost for the first time this season at home in the League. And people applauded the team off the pitch.

I agree with this response. It is positive and can only help the younger players. But the contrast with the Tinnion times is amazing. I hope GJ has the skill to turn this into success. I don't want to applaud the team from the field after too many defeats. Hope this is OK with you?

Personally, I don't think the performance was as good as at Brentford, but like you I felt it was pretty good. We did not deserve to lose, and I felt we should have won it.

But my point is that some City fans do over-react at the slightest stumble. Do you really think the performances of the players mentioned in my original post warranted such criticism? I don't think it was objective. It struck me as a kneejerk reaction aimed at venting frusatration - but aimed at the wrong target. The players didn't deserve such criticism after today's display, yet they get it anyway. I don't think that's fair and I don't think the effect is positive, that's all.

It wasn't so long ago that City were losing games by narrow margins(Swansea excepted!) or drawing against teams at AG that they should have beaten and everyone was full of doom and gloom and avoiding relegation was City's aim for the season....

So it makes sense that some supporters are still traumatised by those inadequate performances earlier in the season and it doesn't take much to rekindle those fears...which is why you get some posts slating the players and so on.

Todays defeat was different though' as many of us can see.City dominated the game but the Greek named goalkeeper was awesome and City missed some excellant chances.It was "one of those days" when the gods of football came down on the side of the opposition.

Get over it....move on.. and take confidence that City were the better side - even in defeat.

Archived