• Scott Brown was back to his old self
  • We kept it on the floor mostly
  • Hartlepool didn't look like scoring at all
  • Phillips was very talkative
  • Sankofa was impressive again
  • Guy Madjo was pretty good
  • Scott Murray was the best he has been in a while
  • Great atmosphere
  • 6 points from 3 games - Promotion form!
  • Almost scored about 4 times despite them having about 100 men behind the ball
  • We're 6 points off the play-offs
  • We deserved to win
  • We got Gary Johnson!
(For Ashtonyate, etc.)

I thought it was a pretty decent performance today, I don't know why people are thinking otherwise. There wasn't enough clinical finishing, but that doesn't worry me too much, as Gary Johnson has a tough training regime and will smash techniques into them, aswell as getting them fitter. He will get Stewy and Brooks working together a bit more. The season isn't over, there are still 34 games left, and we have beaten 2 very good sides in Barnsley and Brentford in the last 7 days, aswell as deserving to win against a VERY defensive Hartlepool side, with a little "assistance" from the Ref.

It's not over by any means.

CTID

Another thing, I think there were a hell of a lot more than 11,000 people there today. Either that or most of them will be hoarse by now.

Dolman Dudess - Ta very much, I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Did anyone see JOhnson telling Wilkshire to make sure he claps at the fans? Doesnt Johnson just love the fan/player relationship. What a great bloke he is. Wilkshire clapped after that.

The guy is a diamond geezer!! It's so important to keep the player/fan relationship alight. Even though we lost it was totally needed for the players to be bought to the centre with their manager and clap us.

I'm seeing so damn good changes already and I'm loving it :D

Did anyone see JOhnson telling Wilkshire to make sure he claps at the fans? Doesnt Johnson just love the fan/player relationship. What a great bloke he is. Wilkshire clapped after that.

He could do a lot worse than get the fans on his side.

I was wondering what he would do as it became evident that we were going to loose. Fair play they were prepared to take the rough with the smooth and I'm glad they got a deserved positive reaction.

It's a bit sad though isn't it when the players have to be encouraged to do what should come natrually?

I think the main problem is they had lost the relationship that they(the palyers) had with the fans under Tinnions reign than they did under Wilsons reign. Johnson knows that we have a good stadium with a potential crowd of 15k + if we get to the championship. He knows that the 12th man is the crowd so wants that bond with the fans at an early stage.

Just one thing that I noticed from todays game - we need a right winger badly. Cotterill had the ball down the line so many times, but 9/10 times we ended up playing it back to Sankofa/Partridge in the end, he really doesn't like to cross it and although Scott Murray was better he still has no pace.

I thought it was a slippery pitch and stewert was slipping around but the boys play a good game and we should have won. We had at least 75% of the feild and had many on target but we just was unlucky not to find the back of the net.

Next time we will get another 3 points (COME ON YOU REDSSSSS) :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

And yet there were no players "available" to visit the Supporters club today - which previously had been the case.Just how seriously does Johnson take the fans/players relationship when they miss a great opportunity to forge a bond between player and fans?

And yet there were no players "available" to visit the Supporters club today - which previously had been the case.Just how seriously does Johnson take the fans/players relationship when they miss a great opportunity to forge a bond between player and fans?

Good god, cheer up man

Thats naughty!

He could have at least sent someone like Gilly over if they knew he wouldnt be playing.

Archived