IGNORED

Cotterill

g_funk

it's begining to do my head in now!

whenever dave cotterill has the ball he tries to run into the box past 6 defenders but by the time he is past 1 he is tackled and the ball is back with the oppositions midfield! i think GJ and the coaches need to teach him when to off load the ball and play simple passes to our strkers who, 90% of the time are in the right possitions for a cross or receiving a simple pass.

He can be really creative and even more productive if he passed the ball and the 'team' can score more goals i'm sure, not the individual. i know most people say he's young and is hungry for goals but he needs to get a grip and use his brain and his eyes. if he does then he most certainly be an oustanding player.

Some players' roles are to try and get past their man. DC has obviously been told to do this by GJ. It's how GJ wants him to affect the game. Sometimes it doesn't work. I thought he looked good, and I think it's very unfortunate there are so many threads on here criticizing players after what was a decent display and a very unlucky defeat.

Its inexperience thats all. He's probably used to going past players at schoolboy level and thinks he can still do at senior level.

Confidence is essential in your own ability and so its important not to knock the lad too much.With good coaching he'll learn when to pass or cross - especially when his teamates and manager are moaning at him!

I agree with Robbored. He'll learn with time, lets not forget that he's just a teenage striker who has been flung into a new role (and into the deep end)

I'd rather see him try to do something special than be petrified of failure.

Archived