IGNORED

Bringing In New Players

PhatWill

What is the obsession with this club continually bringing in new players?

Already we see some fans on here urging to bring in one or two players before the Tranmere game...you must be having a laugh?!

GJ has only just arrived at the club and hopefully he is going to spend a great deal of time with his players getting to know them, their strengths and weaknesses. The last thing he should be doing is threatening to bring in new players to replace them - what will that do for squad morale??

This squad we have is perfectly capable and is probably in the top 4 best squads in the league. I appreciate it's going to take time for GJ to turn things around and I'll be delighted if we are in the top half come Christmas time.

But I think GJ should stick with what he has until Christmas time and then maybe re-assess.

It's a terrible reflection of football today that clubs need to change footballing personel so quickly. There are far too many comings and goings.

It's no coincidence that DW's most successful season as manager came when the board told him they were out of money and we had to stick with what we had. That season we scored over 100 goals and were mugged by Cardiff in the play-offs.

Look at Everton and Villa this season - both made wholesale changes in the summer after doing well last season and are consequently both struggling this season.

The key to success is to have a first team that knows every player around them and have some sort of 'job security' in their position at the club.

The uncertainty of the BCFC footballer seems to have been something that has held our club back over the years.

Agreed.But all managers like to have their "own" players on board don't they.

Plus, a player that Tinns might have liked might not do it for Dr J.I don't think he will make wholesale changes, probably not enough cash for that after his severence deal, but i reckon he might look to get some more imposing players in as he says he wants to "steamroller" teams.

I think you maybe over reacting to the liklihood of new players arriving, GJ has said that he feels that their is not much wrong with our present squad, but a little fine tuning is necessary, this does not mean wholesale changes. I think he will maybe add 2 players to the squad (Pacy forward and midfielder?) I am sure his coaching and organisational skills will be most apparent, but I am sure he will see the need to introduce players who will bring attributes that we currently lack. I have every faith in his judgement based on his record so far.

Prior to Saturdays game Johnson had had just a week to work the City squad and I reckon he will use the two week gap between games to train the players hard,get them fitter and sharper.Throughout he'll be looking their attitude and application,strengths and weaknesses.

Then and only then will he have a decent idea of who he rates,who has potential and who he thinks aren't the type of players he wants.

He won't be able to much before the window and so will have to work with what he's got and with inevitable suspensions and injuries he needs a decent size squad to cover all possibilites.

I don't see him off loading players for sometime yet - nor do I see him bringing in many more new players on loan.

I think you maybe over reacting to the liklihood of new players arriving, GJ has said that he feels that their is not much wrong with our present squad, but a little fine tuning is necessary, this does not mean wholesale changes. I think he will maybe add 2 players to the squad (Pacy forward and midfielder?) I am sure his coaching and organisational skills will be most apparent, but I am sure he will see the need to introduce players who will bring attributes that we currently lack. I have every faith in his judgement based on his record so far.

I think he might look for a couple of new faces, most managers do. But what gets me is that some people on here want wholesale changes, with most of the squad being replaced. That won't happen, and nor should it, because part of the managers job is to work with the players he's got, and try to improve them.

The squad's good enough and like PhatWill says we need some continuity in the side to build consistent performances.

We could maybe do with one or two new faces at Christmas when GJ has got to know what's at his disposal better but there's no immediate rush. The current squad is good enough to put results together to get us steadily climbing the table, bar a nasty run of injuries.

Nibor

The squad's good enough and like PhatWill says we need some continuity in the side to build consistent performances.

We could maybe do with one or two new faces at Christmas when GJ has got to know what's at his disposal better but there's no immediate rush. The current squad is good enough to put results together to get us steadily climbing the table, bar a nasty run of injuries.

Nibor

I think it's almost a certainty a left footed player will be brought in sooner rather than later. The fact we have 3 in Fortune, Goldbourne and Grant Smith and none of them can even get in the squad is why I expect to see an addition in that area.

I agree with Phatwill's sentiments, alas there will be changes. I would like to bring in that Hartlepool 'Troll' of a goalkeeper to gobble up opposition crosses and provide some healthy competition for Steve Phillips. Our midfield remains lightweight and does need strengthening. I'd also be looking to extend Sankofa's contract at the Gate - he is impressive.

Well GJ must have known before he arrived at City that he had one of the best squads in this division.

Maybe it's a question of arrogance on all managers' part, that they want to change the squad to their own otherwise they'll be accused of taking up the previous gaffers squad to better things?

Already we have three trialists at the club...the signs look ominous for many changes to be made...a mistake in my opinion.

Archived