IGNORED

Why Has A Alleged Fan

Pete1975Legend

Guest DrFaustus

Closet Rovers fan maybe? Or perhaps he was handcuffed to the Drs chair?? ;)

It's a commode dear, a commode. We have terracing and the fans are closer to the pitch, ergo we have a better atmosphere. Plus, your mob couldn't sing for their supper.

It's a commode dear, a commode. We have terracing and the fans are closer to the pitch, ergo we have a better atmosphere. Plus, your mob couldn't sing for their supper.

Have you seen the food they serve at the gate. Noone would sing for that

Guest C.T.I.D

what do you know about the atmoshere at the minimal..........you never make it out the pub apparently

grant smith livened the dump up a bit though :D

bcfcalex....a complete and utter knobjockey

Guest MaloneFM

I just wear an adult supersize elastocated nappy when I have the Pasties :laugh:

Aldi carrrier bags love. Soft-ish strong and 8 litres big. Good for when Mrs Diane Riehaah comes to call.

"alleged fan"?

Or somebody who desperately wants a better atomospheer at the Gate?

I don't know why he felt the need to discuss it on the Gashead forum, but he does have a valid point.

A lot of us have come on here in recent months and said similar things, so it's unfair to criticize this fan for only saying the things we all feel.

The atmosphere at AG is getting better again but it's not brilliant. I can't say I can compare it with the so called atmosphere at the Mem but compared to a lot of places it's not the greatest.

So, what can we do to improve things?

"It's a commode dear, a commode. We have terracing and the fans are closer to the pitch, ergo we have a better atmosphere. Plus, your mob couldn't sing for their supper."

Hay, My rendition of "Your going to get your ****ing head kicked in" drew quizical looks in the family enclosure!!!

Couldnt be something to do with we have a 23,000 capacity (23 right?) and only seem to get around 10,000-11,000 fans a week. therefore the stadium is only half full and the supporters are spread out.

When your surrounded very closely by people singing it's very hard not to join in (although I'll sing on my own if I have to) whereas when there isa gap of 3 or 4 seats thats enough to put some people off.

When we have a game that fills the stadium (like when we used to play rovers before they seemed to disapear too low to find anymore) the atmosphere was amazing because the stadium would be practically filled.

As sad as it is to say our stadium is too big for the performance our team gives.

Guest C.T.I.D

some gasheads idea of a practical joke apparently,account hacked which isn't hard.......mine was hacked on

there once,sig changed,avatar changed etc etc.

i take it back what i said.........their mod is a total utter :farmer:

I hate to say it but i have to agree.

The days of a good atmosphere at AG are well over. I save my singing for away games now, where people will actually join in.

never been to memorial ground so cannot comment on that, but have to agree that AG gets worse every year, it is just totally flat nowadays, apart from Hartlepool in the play offs when has there been an edge of your seat feeling? any sound generated is lost into the air.

Bring back standing and the old cow sheds.

never been to memorial ground so cannot comment on that, but have to agree that AG gets worse every year, it is just totally flat nowadays, apart from Hartlepool in the play offs when has there been an edge of your seat feeling? any sound generated is lost into the air.

Bring back standing and the old cow sheds.

I agree with you, I like the old "cowsheds".

the thing is, our fans evidently don't. In a seperate thread on here, talking about what we like and dislike about other grounds, most of our supporters seemed to like the new soulless concrete monstrosities but dislike those older grounds which still retain terracing and "cowsheds".

Logic tells me we can't have it both ways!

Well i agree the atmosphere at the GATE isn't as good as it should be a lot of the time, but what i've heard from the mammary ground on the few occasions i've heard radio BRISTOL commentary is pathetic, and i would be amazed if what we generate from G block or H block ATYEO on their own isn't louder than what the sadsags produce!!

I was at work last season when they played their FA. cup game,(carlisle i think) and listened on cordless headphones, and there was virtually no singing at all. In fact the loudest song i heard was the pathetic "you're not singing anymore" just after the saggies scored, only to be stopped abruptly as carlisle equalised immediately!! This proved that the radio mike does pick up the noise when they are singing, but the truth is they don't!!

A few weeks ago i listened to the last 25 minutes of a midweek game of theirs while travelling, and again, there was hardly any singing, and what there was sounded like the good Dr. after a night on the pimms with Roger Malone, one man alone staggering home from the pub!!!

Guest DrFaustus

A few weeks ago i listened to the last 25 minutes of a midweek game of theirs while travelling, and again, there was hardly any singing, and what there was sounded like the good Dr. after a night on the pimms with Roger Malone, one man alone staggering home from the pub!!!

Chance would be a fine thing. His wallet is locked tighter than a nun's chastity belt.

Archived