IGNORED

Tommy Doc

gazza1982

Guest BeNeRz

Id love to see tommy back at city.. With out a doubt

Past is behind us.. Tommy has done ok for QPR and holloway may have sorted him out.. Lets bring him back!

Mr Lansdown wouldn't really be in favour I feel, even though he knows Tommy wants to come back.

Tommy still holds a torch for the Red shirt, and whilst he is clearly part of Holloways plans, I'm certain Tommy would agree to a move back here. (but QPR would want money so thats a non starter really)

I disagree with those who say he won't perform - it was clearly an issue with him and Tinnion, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see that one. Like many others Brian just reverted to shipping him out.

Perhaps he will return at the end of his contract?

I'd love to see him back here.

A battling, creative midfielder is exactly what we've been missing this season....So sure, why not?

Doubt theres any truth to the rumour though, apparently he's done very well so far at QPR and played a blinder in their game at Southampton.

Scott Brown,s performances this season must be a figment of my imagination then.

What is it with you lot and Dochery ?

Did anyone watch the Palace v qpr last night? Tommy just does his usual wander around the midfield area as he can,t run for 45 minutes let alone 90, then gives away the free kick that on the edge of the area that led to palace,s second goal !

Scott Brown will be a much better bet than Tommy under Johnsons guidance, we,re beginning to see that already imho .

Guest North Street

Did not really want to play for City or himself in the end, did not want to play for Northern Ireland and now supposedly unsettled at Qpr. Yep lets bring him back as a role model for young Mr Brown, "In a few years this could be you" :(

He just wants an easy life and he presumes he'd be able to get that back here. I could see him coming back, finding out that GJ works the players pretty hard right now so he'd probably end up throwing his toys out of his pram again and storming off to somewhere else! Does anyone know why he didn't want to play international football anymore?

Well if he was as useless as last night I don't think we should bother. Unfit and past it sums him up at the moment. Sorry Doc used to rate you highly at the gate but not anymore. Stay with Holloway maybe he may be able to get the best out of you EVENTUALLY!

Big thumbs down for TD return. He doesn't appear to have changed at all as a suspension already this season testifies. Violent conduct wasn't it?

So he's supposedly unsettled at the ONLY club willing to take him off our hands for any money. Wouldn't that mean he can't even knuckle down under Holloway, his fellow Bristolian midfield battler who was going to resurrect his career?

Tinman certainly wasn't the only City manager who had problems with him - remember Wilson 'resting' him, after his suspension following the head-butt at Wycombe. Wonder whether DW would take him to MK Dons, even on a free.

Scott Brown may not quite match him skill wise but in every other department he ranks with Doherty at his occasional best, and with his exemplary attitude he will only get better.

He also shoots better, tackles much harder, misses less games and is more consistent.

Would be a bewildering backward step, and like another poster said i can't see it happening while SL is at the Club, let alone GJ being keen with his emphasis on fitness and positve body language.

can we not have him on loan?!

see if he wants to play, if he performs and seems eager then put him on a weekly contract.

If the bloke wants to come back i'm sure he'd have no objections.

Oh yeah 'cause that always works don't it

Two words

TONY DINNING

Guest stackpoolred

i am in total agreement doc good but in the past brown very good with improvement to come a bright future

Agreed! Scott Brown is class and doesn't have a personality problem or get booked or sent off as frequently!!!!! :@ :@

Doherty has taken his problems to QPR with him and Holloway will realise what all Doherty's previous managers have eventually learn't - that Doherty's attitude leaves alot to be desired.He's unfit and consequently can't complete 90 mins,his discipline is diabolocal and he's just served a 3 match ban at QPR.

What Doherty brings to the pitch is far out weighted by the difficulties he causes off it.

I would not want to see him back at City.

Agreed! Scott Brown is class and doesn't have a personality problem or get booked or sent off as frequently!!!!! :@ :@

And is also playing on the left side of midfield.

Tom plays in the centre.

I'd have him back, as I reckon that him, Brown, Skuse, Wilkshire and Cotterill would make a great midfield. Skuse and Wilkshire could be used alongside Tommy alternately with Brown continuining on the left.

It won't happen though. Its debateable whether GJ would have him, although I'm sure that he could get the best out of him and I'm sure that he feels that too, but he may feel its a risk not worth taking.

And why all the negativity towards Tommy's QPR performances? My QPR fan mate loves him, and says he's been top class for them so far. The whole point of his job is that he stays out of the limelight. His "usual amble" round the midfield is his job. He picks up loose ends, and wins the ball, then distributes it. Or are you expecting a hat-trick and a series of mazy runs from him? And leave off the international football thing too. Nibor is right, and Tommy did what was best for him, the same as we all would.

What is it with you lot and Dochery ?

Did anyone watch the Palace v qpr last night? Tommy just does his usual wander around the midfield area as he can,t run for 45 minutes let alone 90, then gives away the free kick that on the edge of the area that led to palace,s second goal !

Scott Brown will be a much better bet than Tommy under Johnsons guidance, we,re beginning to see that already imho .

Exactly the point I was going to make, I took great pleasure in texting a QPR mate last night, just after the second palace goal had gone in saying "Glad to see the Doc is as big a liability as ever!"

Oh and it seems most of you have not seen this from the Ask SL Forum, I think the length of his answer says it all :dance:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43935

Guest redphilc

Exactly the point I was going to make, I took great pleasure in texting a QPR mate last night, just after the second palace goal had gone in saying "Glad to see the Doc is as big a liability as ever!"

Why do you take great pleasure in that?

I will always remember Tommy as a legend. Some of you don't realise players of Tommys' ilk don't come around that often. We were lucky to have him at our club and we definatly miss his passion and desire in midfield.

Fit or not he isn't playing for us any more so why you lot keep knocking him is beyond me.

However we are starting a new era with magic Johnson and I am expecting good things to come from our side after Johnson has had a couple of months knocking them into shape.

Look forward not back.

Mr Lansdown wouldn't really be in favour I feel, even though he knows Tommy wants to come back.

Tommy still holds a torch for the Red shirt, and whilst he is clearly part of Holloways plans, I'm certain Tommy would agree to a move back here. (but QPR would want money so thats a non starter really)

I disagree with those who say he won't perform - it was clearly an issue with him and Tinnion, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see that one. Like many others Brian just reverted to shipping him out.

Perhaps he will return at the end of his contract?

I'd love to see him back here.

There are 2 sides to every story and on this one I think tinman was right, talented as he is, TD's fitness and attitude were all wrong. I fail to see how differences with the manager can cause a player to throw up on the pitch or to run out of breath before half time. I'm not one of these health fascists who think players should stay in every night eating pasta and drinking mineral water but as a professional athlete tommy was a joke. I read "unsettled at QPR" as "been found out by another manager who won't put up with it" bring him back and he's back in the comfort zone taking the (Am I naughty or what!) basically.

i will never be convinced no matter what points are put to me that scott brown or cole skuse are going to be as good as Doc.

he is still missed in this side and i think he could be one of 3 missing links, the other two being a winger that can cross and a lightning quick striker.

Archived