IGNORED

Johnson - Top Bloke

Robbored

I read in the WDP today that Johnson had seen a young Yeovil fan upset and when he asked him why he was upset the lad replied that it was because Johnson was leaving Yeovil...

So Johnson invites him upto AG as his guest last Saturday and then allowed him to have a training session with Phillips and Burch at Abbots Leigh.

How many managers would have done that?

I wonder how that story got out? :dunno:

Whoops! just seen that this story has already been posted! Apolgies...... :doh:

I read in the WDP today that Johnson had seen a young Yeovil fan upset and when he asked him why he was upset the lad replied that it was because Johnson was leaving Yeovil...

So Johnson invites him upto AG as his guest last Saturday and then allowed him to have a training session with Phillips and Burch at Abbots Leigh.

You pulled yourself out of Tinnion then?

Are you after a job as manager's assistant, superfan?

I agree that its a great gesture by GJ, but I'm sure he'd be embarrased by you calling him perfect! We're all chuffed he's here, but calm down!

I'm really upset he left Yeovil too. I think a stay in a top class hotel with the team before an away game and a luxury buffet pre match meal plus complimentary tickets to the game may go some way towards helping to heal the scars Gary. Just if you're reading, like.

Rubbish! I can't believe you fell for that Robbored. Johnson has always got his managerial brain switched on, always working 24/7. He's heard this kid is good between the sticks, it's just a crafty way of taking a look without commiting himself! :D

Rubbish! I can't believe you fell for that Robbored. Johnson has always got his managerial brain switched on, always working 24/7. He's heard this kid is good between the sticks, it's just a crafty way of taking a look without commiting himself! :D

Perhaps he could have a go at teaching Phillips to come out of his 6 yard box and catch the ball.

I have no doubt this man will lead us to promotion, this year or next, but he WILL get us promoted.

Have faith in the man, cheer his teams, give him every bit of enthusiasm you have and he will return it 2 fold.

Not since John Ward have I been so impressed by a new BCFC manager.

The wilderness years: Wilson - too aloof and not committed to BCFC, Pulis - seemed to hate BCFC supporters, Tinman - great bloke no managerial experience, Lennartsonn - not with it at Div 3 level football.

No doubt Johnson comes with a reputation - based largely on what he achieved at Yeovil.Lets face it he inherited a decent squad from Colin Addison and with a few tweaks he got them up into the football league.Then a season of consolidation followed by another promotion.

No doubt thats an impressive record and he deserves the plaudits he gets.

But... Bcfc is an all together different kettle of fish.A bigger club than Yeovil,higher expectation amongst the much larger fan base all of whom are desperate for success after 7 seaons of mediocrity - and that after a season of relegation.

No doubt Johnson has got off to a good start. Two wins from three helps long with the attractic style of football.His PR skills are very slick,he's become a fans favourite almost immediately and the players are all praising him (well they would,wouldn't they?)

My concern is Johnson's awareness of what he's taken on at City and his staying power.I know that if by some quirk of fate City lose to Tranmere at AG in 10 days time the knives will be out in certain quarters and thats not something he's been used to.How he handles his players being booed off and very personal critism via this forum and in letters to the press as both previous managers have had to do is as yet uncertain.

The real test of the man will be when he comes under the same type of pressure that Wilson and Tinnion did.

I like what I've seen so far from Johnson,if fact I'd go as far as to say I've been impressed but at the same time I'm aware that he has picked up the poison chalice and only time will tell what effect that will have.

My concern is Johnson's awareness of what he's taken on at City and his staying power.I know that if by some quirk of fate City lose to Tranmere at AG in 10 days time the knives will be out in certain quarters and thats not something he's been used to.How he handles his players being booed off and very personal critism via this forum and in letters to the press as both previous managers have had to do is as yet uncertain.

The real test of the man will be when he comes under the same type of pressure that Wilson and Tinnion did.

I like what I've seen so far from Johnson,if fact I'd go as far as to say I've been impressed but at the same time I'm aware that he has picked up the poison chalice and only time will tell what effect that will have.

Not since John Ward have I been so impressed by a new BCFC manager.

The wilderness years: Wilson - too aloof and not committed to BCFC, Pulis - seemed to hate BCFC supporters, Tinman - great bloke no managerial experience, Lennartsonn - not with it at Div 3 level football.

Wilson ''to aloof and not committed'' What aloof of rubbish!

Archived