IGNORED

The Get Jacki Back

BCFChris

I know he had his issues, but Jacki was the most talented player to play for City in the last 25 years (time I have been seriously watching). When he was playing I used to bring 4 or 5 non-City fans to every game just to see him; none of them come now.

I would like to see him back as a guest of honour.

"Jacki" was a fantastic player - I remember watching him play even before I was a City fan and thinking he was pure class. Even now I find it hard to believe someone of that quality actually played at Ashton Gate.

I can understand that not everyone liked him or his style, but you really can't deny his abilities. He might not have been my favourite player but he was definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Would I want to see him back? Silly question. Of course I would, however unlikely it seems.

I know he had his issues, but Jacki was the most talented player to play for City in the last 25 years (time I have been seriously watching). When he was playing I used to bring 4 or 5 non-City fans to every game just to see him; none of them come now.

I would like to see him back as a guest of honour.

Totally agree,get him back the bloke was worth the admission price on his own.

Most talented player i have EVER WATCHED LIVE.

:)

never forget that wolves night match 2 0 down then he came off the bench changed the game and I'm pretty sure he scored both goals for the draw then there was the backheal over his head which saw a dipping volley just go over the bar

never forgive osman for forcing him out :@ :@

In the words of the great John Motson (or was it Barry Davies?) "this guy is from a different planet", Leicester City 1 Bristol City 2 in a F A Cup Tie circa 1990ish. Count me in, the only reason I went to Andy Llewellyn's testamonial was 'cause Jacki was guesting, he got the biggest cheer of the night,and must of added 2,000 to the gate. What a man!!!

Guest MaloneFM

I would love to him back. Didn't he come on as a sub once and score a hat-trick in about 8 minutes? How old is he anyway?

Older than god and fatter than Beadle. The Avon and Somerset Police would definately want him back.

Something to do with 'questioning'.

After he's finished the half time draw he could then teach Dave Cotterill one or two more tricks that he is currently lacking. I wouldn't have thought there is anyone on our coaching staff who has got one trick let alone a number of them like Jacki used to display.

After he's finished the half time draw he could then teach Dave Cotterill one or two more tricks that he is currently lacking. I wouldn't have thought there is anyone on our coaching staff who has got one trick let alone a number of them like Jacki used to display.

I think you might all be a bit disappointed if he DID come back ! I went to see him in the european masters down in London a couple of years ago and he was shocking. You kept wanting him to do something amazing, or at least play fairly well... but no - a bit embarrasing I'm afraid. :(

I think you might all be a bit disappointed if he DID come back ! I went to see him in the european masters down in London a couple of years ago and he was shocking. You kept wanting him to do something amazing, or at least play fairly well... but no - a bit embarrasing I'm afraid. :(

I'm sure he'll cope with the half-time draw, I'm not sure if he's in GJ plans.

Of course your right andy g, but nobody can take away the memories..........

PURE CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never forget that wolves night match 2 0 down then he came off the bench changed the game and I'm pretty sure he scored both goals for the draw then there was the backheal over his head which saw a dipping volley just go over the bar

never forgive osman for forcing him out :@ :@

Ah yes what a moment ...but if I remember rightly the cheekyness factor was mainly because he was faced by two defenders at the time (most teams used to double up on him!) just outside the box...

Looked left...nothing on

Looked right..nothing on

"whats he going to do ...pass it you Polak" we all cry

But not Jacki...oh no..

Ball up......backheel......overhead their heads.......try to run between them. ...ALL 3 Sides of AG rose to their feet in appreciation...hell I think even the away end did..

sheer class...allround

moments like that make you realise why they call it the beautiful game.

Apparently, legend has it, that a certain Wayne Allison who was on the bench at the time, turned to Buster and said

"I taught him that"............

:rofl2br:

Ah yes what a moment ...but if I remember rightly the cheekyness factor was mainly because he was faced by two defenders at the time (most teams used to double up on him!) just outside the box...

Looked left...nothing on

Looked right..nothing on

"whats he going to do ...pass it you Polak" we all cry

But not Jacki...oh no..

Ball up......backheel......overhead their heads.......try to run between them. ...ALL 3 Sides of AG rose to their feet in appreciation...hell I think even the away end did..

sheer class...allround

moments like that make you realise why they call it the beautiful game.

Apparently, legend has it, that a certain Wayne Allison who was on the bench at the time, turned to Buster and said

"I taught him that"............

:rofl2br:

I remember that too, pretty sure we were playing Ipswich.

Absolutely amazing piece of skill - he didn't even score but people still talk about it.

A proper City legend !

The fact that Osman got boooooed when scoring a goal the day after he destroyed our legend says it all. I will never forget those Jacki days. If he was still playing now you would have to assume he would not be at BCFC. He wouldnt look out of place in the current Chelsea squad!!!!

Keep the memories coming. I'm sure if I hassle Steve & Colin enough they will eventually give in! If not I'll write to him myself, buy a couple of crates of Smirnoff and have our very own appreciation party! This guy deserves a return just so we could thank him for the amazing memories he provided. How does it go again, you put your left leg in....................

Best player I have seen in the famous Red & White.

Peter Beardsley might have made Andy Cole at Newcastle but Jacki Dziekanowski made the football world notice Andy Cole. Not that the agrogant so and so would acknowledge it.

Hero, Legend, genius and more, worth every penny paid. And agrre with the Osman comment, the way he was treated by that secound rate film extra was a scandal.

60+ apperances for Poland 20+ Goals at international level, world cup finals apprences, the lot.

Best player I have seen in the famous Red & White.

Peter Beardsley might have made Andy Cole at Newcastle but Jacki Dziekanowski made the football world notice Andy Cole. Not that the agrogant so and so would acknowledge it.

Hero, Legend, genius and more, worth every penny paid. And agrre with the Osman comment, the way he was treated by that secound rate film extra was a scandal.

60+ apperances for Poland 20+ Goals at international level, world cup finals apprences, the lot.

Oh yea bet everyone remembers the night when old Osman subbed the great Jacki and later got booked, with the whole of ashton Gate shouting OFF OFF OFF but the ref only gave Osman a yellow card. Jacki was a star came to see my cousin in hospital and brought mickey mellon with him they stayed for over 4 hrs made our day such a nice bloke, looked up to him when I was a young boy true hero love to see him back down the gate even if just at half time or at start of game that would get ashton gate rocking. :pray::pray::city:

Guest It's_Pacey_time

I would love to him back. Didn't he come on as a sub once and score a hat-trick in about 8 minutes? How old is he anyway?

44 I think

Archived