IGNORED

City Reserves Vs. Swindle

Mad Cyril

Any one else daft enough to be going this afternoon?

Looks like a good team being put out, and will be interesting to see Roberts back - for all the frustrations he caused while with City, he did score THAT goal.

As such, I am convinced the entrance fee will be money well spent, and will happily overlook the 50% price increase.

I really should get that season ticket....

That is a strong reserve team. Apart from the two triallists who I know little about, and the substitutes, I would expect several to play more first team matches then they miss for the rest of the season.

Basso; J.Smith, Carey, Keogh, Fortune;

Murray, Harley, G.Smith, Fofana;

Bridges. Gillespie.

Subs: Benyon, Allward, Barnes, James.

He got a really good reception when he was subbed, which was fully justified.

Unfortunately, and predictably, he gave no recognition whatsoever to the crowd that was applauding him no more than 30 feet away. Shame really.

Thought the performance was good, with some slick passing football. I always look for the players who appear to have time on the ball in a reserve match, and in that respect, Harley stood out once again. His goal was a scorcher of a strike, and his passing was slick throughout. He looks (in more ways than one) like a mini Paul Scholes, without the tackling.

Smith looked good in a central role, and took both his goals very well when the strikers had far better chances that they missed.

Carey, Keogh, and Fortune looked comfortable at the back, the latter especially! He does show some excellent footwork in these games.

Jamie Smith and Gillespie looked short of match practice, while Bridges looked quality with great quick feet on the ball, but no real end product. Scott Murray looked more confident with more of a free role, with an equal mix of good and bad runs/crosses.

The new guy on the wing looked pacey, but with the height of Junior bent, he may not be the type to offer much when we don't have the ball.

Highlight definitely the central midfield pair, even without the goals....

Archived