IGNORED

Christain Roberts

freezer

Yes, we miss having someone walking around the pitch looking disinterested, with his hands placed permanently just above his enormous buttocks whilst chewing gum.

Amazing isn't it we have never had a player that has so divided oppinion....

Yes one minute he was brilliant

Yes another minute he was lousy

However total unpredictability is bloody impossible to defend against....which made him dangerous,,,,

I don't think Roberts would be that bothered if he never set foot in Bristol again and I really wouldn't blame him...

Thought he had a bit of a rough deal, played out of position a lot, always first to be subbed ( even though Peacock hadn't scored for 14 or 15 games ) and got slagged off by many City fans for not scoring against his home town club. But I'll always remember him for that gaol at Mansfield, probably the best goal in the best game I've seen EVER.

Amazing isn't it we have never had a player that has so divided oppinion....

Yes one minute he was brilliant

Yes another minute he was lousy

However total unpredictability is bloody impossible to defend against....which made him dangerous,,,,

I don't think Roberts would be that bothered if he never set foot in Bristol again and I really wouldn't blame him...

I think you've summed him up nicely. At times we loved him, othertimes he made it hard for us to. You just never knew which roberts would turn up and that made him so appealing/frustrating.

He never seemed bothered what anyone thought of him, fans or teammates. He maybe was a bit of a loner in that sense? maybe not the easiest player to form an understanding with.

I met him a couple of times, throughly nice guy. Talkative and good with the kids. Shame if it was true that he didn't aknowlegde the applause from the crowd yesterday.

I know he has been mostly injured since leaving us and wonder if he will pick himself up and play at a decent standard again? Somehow I doubt he will, as maybe he has risen as high as he is able to?

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

Shame if it was true that he didn't aknowlegde the applause from the crowd yesterday.

well me and my mate where sat at the front and said well done robbo when he walked past and siad cheers lads. and 2 somemore people who wer sat at the front

whoever said he didnt aknowledge the fans is another roberts hater

NOT THAT I'm A ROBERTS LOVER!!! :laugh:

Guest ashtonyate

well me and my mate where sat at the front and said well done robbo when he walked past and siad cheers lads. and 2 somemore people who wer sat at the front

whoever said he didnt aknowledge the fans is another roberts hater

NOT THAT I'm A ROBERTS LOVER!!! :laugh:

The trouble on this site some of the fans have no ideal what is a good player, Roberts was a fourth div player at best he had a bit of pace but not much else.Our fans seem to love crap players Peacock comes to mind they would not last 5 minuits under Johnson.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

The trouble on this site some of the fans have no ideal what is a good player, Roberts was a fourth div player at best he had a bit of pace but not much else.Our fans seem to love crap players Peacock comes to mind they would not last 5 minuits under Johnson.

I'm sorry but i never said he was a good player at all i don't know where you got that from i was just saying that he did notice the fans clapping

:blink:

Guest ashtonyate

I'm sorry but i never said he was a good player at all i don't know where you got that from i was just saying that he did notice the fans clapping

:blink:

Sorry it was not aimed at you but if you payed me 3k a week id clap you as well

Alex seems to hate every player who plays for City, past or present.

He has criticised pretty much every player this season, and clearly knows little or nothing about football.

I'd take Roberts back like a shot, but perhaps not at the expense of Gillespie, who is younger, and offers something extra when he plays.

He has criticised pretty much every player this season, and clearly knows little or nothing about football.

I'd take Roberts back like a shot, but perhaps not at the expense of Gillespie, who is younger, and offers something extra when he plays.

That's right. I've criticised Brooker, Stewart, Heywood, Partridge, Orr, Skuse, Russell. Or maybe I haven't. The only players I have criticised are Phillips, Smith/Carey, sometimes Woodman, Fortune and maybe a couple of others. No more than most people in fact. And why do you think I hate all players for the past- rubbish. If you had actually read some of my other threats you will see that I like alot of ex-players like Lita Hill etc. So try reading my posts before youa ccuse me of hating all our players.

You would take Roberts back- fair enough. I felt he was lazy, arrogant and didn't really care about the team, yet he was liable to score good goals every now and again. Didn't do enough for me to be playing week in week out. Perhaps useful as a sub like Goodfellow but it was best we got rid of him.

That's right. I've criticised Brooker, Stewart, Heywood, Partridge, Orr, Skuse, Russell. Or maybe I haven't. The only players I have criticised are Phillips, Smith/Carey, sometimes Woodman, Fortune and maybe a couple of others. No more than most people in fact. And why do you think I hate all players for the past- rubbish. If you had actually read some of my other threats you will see that I like alot of ex-players like Lita Hill etc. So try reading my posts before youa ccuse me of hating all our players.

You would take Roberts back- fair enough. I felt he was lazy, arrogant and didn't really care about the team, yet he was liable to score good goals every now and again. Didn't do enough for me to be playing week in week out. Perhaps useful as a sub like Goodfellow but it was best we got rid of him.

Oh, so only half of our players then. Thats OK. :doh:

Oh, so only half of our players then. Thats OK. :doh:

Not it's about 5 in a squad of 22 odd. Not half. In fact less than 25%. I think criticism of Phillips, both right backs and Fortune has been warranted too with their performances. I don't criticise Woodman as much as a lot of people either. In fact he has improved alot since Johnson came, like all the players really. So I hate all players past and present don't I...

Not it's about 5 in a squad of 22 odd. Not half. In fact less than 25%. I think criticism of Phillips, both right backs and Fortune has been warranted too with their performances. I don't criticise Woodman as much as a lot of people either. In fact he has improved alot since Johnson came, like all the players really. So I hate all players past and present don't I...

Only 11 can play at a time, and 5 out of 11 is almost half. I assume you realise that half of 11 is 5.5 so unless you only class one of those players you hate as half, what I said was right.

I can't begin to imagine how Phillips warrants criticism given the fact that he's kept us in about 3 games this season, and therefore earnt us a few mre points than we would have had.

Only 11 can play at a time, and 5 out of 11 is almost half. I assume you realise that half of 11 is 5.5 so unless you only class one of those players you hate as half, what I said was right.

I can't begin to imagine how Phillips warrants criticism given the fact that he's kept us in about 3 games this season, and therefore earnt us a few mre points than we would have had.

I can't be bothered to go in to the Phillips debate as I've had on many other threads.

Yes, 5 is almost half of 11 but luckily none of those players play in the first 11 together usually barring injury problems etc. I see you've stopped harrasing me about past players too. Most of the people that criticise players do it because they want to see them do better of for us to get better players in. Not because of some personal vendetta. Smith and Carey have been poor at right back this season and have been caught out many times. Carey looks like he is in the comfort zone- hence Orr coming in there. Fully justified criticism. Fortune has been pretty poor and this was backed up by his (and the team's) shocking display at Swansea. He seems far too casual and for a tall bloke is hopless in the air. Woodman is our first choice left back at the moment and this is slightly worrying too, though, as I've said he has been better since Johnson came. Now stop harassing me about giving out constructive criticism. I don't just say- he is crap, he did poor etc- I say why. More than a lot of people.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

here here

:city:

No Alex, I didn't say anything about past players because I've seen you talk about 4 or 5 ex players in the last few days, and each were rubbish and we were lucky to get money for them, etc. etc.

As for Phillips, the reason why you debate with people about him so much is because, quite simply, you're wrong.

And any criticism of players I've seen from you has been anything but "constructive."

There you go. So you did say about past players. Why lie?

I like lots of past players. I also dislike lots of previous players. Try reeading other threads where i ahve said I like loads of past players like Lita, Hill, Tinnion, Welch, Brennan, Akinbiyi, Goater, Cole, Rennie, Morgan, Gavin, Taylor, Cramb etc. All my criticism is constructive. I want the players to do well, that's why I go to all the game etc. But some just aren't up to it. As for Phillips, there are people who have seen the light- just ask Robbered. To say I'm wrong is well, erm, wrong. There are no 'answers' in football. Only opinions.

There you go. So you did say about past players. Why lie?

I like lots of past players. I also dislike lots of previous players. Try reeading other threads where i ahve said I like loads of past players like Lita, Hill, Tinnion, Welch, Brennan, Akinbiyi, Goater, Cole, Rennie, Morgan, Gavin, Taylor, Cramb etc. All my criticism is constructive. I want the players to do well, that's why I go to all the game etc. But some just aren't up to it. As for Phillips, there are people who have seen the light- just ask Robbered. To say I'm wrong is well, erm, wrong. There are no 'answers' in football. Only opinions.

Maybe you and the Superfan should start a littl anti-Phillips club.

Also,y ou're a fool. I never lied. I never denied a said about you hating ex-players. What I said in my last post was in response to your last post claiming that I've now stopped accusing you of hating our past players.

Tool.

I never denied a said about you hating ex-players.

What? Perhaps you meant that about the ex-players but it's hard to understand you. 'a said'?

You are the fool. There is nothing wrong with having a go at players on the forum as long as it is not at the game. We are not 'anit-phillips', we jus believe that getting an all round keeper would improve the side.

What? Perhaps you meant that about the ex-players but it's hard to understand you. 'a said'?

You are the fool. There is nothing wrong with having a go at players on the forum as long as it is not at the game. We are not 'anit-phillips', we jus believe that getting an all round keeper would improve the side.

I'd answer if that wasn't the most incoherant thing I've ever read.

What I made out, about moaning on here as opposed to the stands, I agreed with.

I'd answer if that wasn't the most incoherant thing I've ever read.

What I made out, about moaning on here as opposed to the stands, I agreed with.

No more incoherant than any of your posts really...I made a couple of spelling errors through rushing to post it. Wow. The post was pretty easy to read.

Ah Freezer. How the devil?

Dipping your rod?

You have to get over your obsession with the man one day. He's gone and you have to move on.

YFC :dance:

Neo ,me old babber, how be on? Hope you and yours are well.

Don't do Subbers site so only get to see the spillovers from there onto the 'borum' as it's known.

Give my regards to the brown-nosers,remember that,what a classic.

How can I move on:- 1/ He came back to the gate.

2/ He's still gorgeous.(but his arse is in danger of needing planning permission).

3/ He doesn't score much.

How's your rod lately?

G-Block sing up.

YFW :w00t:

Children, children... He's gone, it's over. He probably won't play for you again.

Move on!

Thank god Rich TFSC. Moving on has been good since getting rid of him. I admit he has got potential but will never release it. The guy honestly doesn't posses a footballing brain. Watch him when he plays, head always down. Put him on the wing and watch him ''strike'' a ball behind the goal. I just could never believe he hadn't watched players ''wrap'' their foot around the ball. I think he spends more time on his hair than he does on the training pitch. For your sake I hope he moves on again, hopefully to Swansea, they could do with scoring a few less goals.

Archived