IGNORED

Christain Roberts

freezer

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

Lets just all agree that Wellyred is right and he is crap. I certainly do because he is. He got lucky in the Hartlepool game and it showed in the final when he did nothing.

Yes boys and girls he really did play in that one. And he stank the place up.

So far the argument has been the Hartlpool game and probably two more occasions while he was here. No mention of the dolly flying out of the pram on a regular basis, the shirt being thrown down on being subbed, the lack of celebration against Cardiff (which has since been mentioned by his father before the Milstad disgrace. He didn't know why he didn't celebrate it as he was under no threat back home, only a bit of stick) and his general falling on hs arse when challenged.

He made have been a nice bloke outside the ground, such as Peacock but on the pitch he was a rotter.

not trying to argue with you mr malone, i wouldnt dream of that , but roberts wasnt the only player that stank up the place , i remember a certian mr wilkshire coming on and having possesion of the ball 6 times and gave it away 6 times

if I'm wrong u all may give me grief It's about time I admitted to this forum that I suffer from incontinence. I apologise if you find yourself sitting next to me at a game.

Guest MaloneFM

Incontenence old love? I wish it were only that!

Ask Steve 'hairspray boy' Scott about my disentry and the use of several 12 litre Aldi bags.

Dear god the STINK! :crying:

Lets just all agree that Wellyred is right and he is crap. I certainly do because he is. He got lucky in the Hartlepool game and it showed in the final when he did nothing.

Yes boys and girls he really did play in that one. And he stank the place up.

So far the argument has been the Hartlpool game and probably two more occasions while he was here. No mention of the dolly flying out of the pram on a regular basis, the shirt being thrown down on being subbed, the lack of celebration against Cardiff (which has since been mentioned by his father before the Milstad disgrace. He didn't know why he didn't celebrate it as he was under no threat back home, only a bit of stick) and his general falling on hs arse when challenged.

He made have been a nice bloke outside the ground, such as Peacock but on the pitch he was a rotter.

What drivel.

Plenty of payers don't celebrate after scoring against former clubs. Point is he scored goals against Cardiff. I understand fully why he didn't rub it in and very few City fans held it against him. I've seen a (very) few on here who did, but i've never met ONE.

He didn't "get lucky" in the Hartlepool game, that's hogwash. It was a fantastic winner and he also provided the cross for Goodfellow's equaliser. It shows how much you detested him that you can't even give him credit for that night. Thousands of young City supporters will remember Roberts for providing their best ever moments watching City.

There were many more than 3 occasions when he was the matchwinner, and many other times when he was an intergral part of sustained attacking City performances.

He was poor in the Final but not one City player came out of the Millennium performance with any credit.

Malone, you freely admitted to giving him constant stick at matches while he was a City player.

It was you and your ilk who call themselves Bristol City supporters while crucifying one of our players who "stank the place out", not Roberts.

What drivel.

Plenty of payers don't celebrate after scoring against former clubs. Point is he scored goals against Cardiff. I understand fully why he didn't rub it in and very few City fans held it against him. I've seen a (very) few on here who did, but i've never met ONE.

He didn't "get lucky" in the Hartlepool game, that's hogwash. It was a fantastic winner and he also provided the cross for Goodfellow's equaliser. It shows how much you detested him that you can't even give him credit for that night. Thousands of young City supporters will remember Roberts for providing their best ever moments watching City.

There were many more than 3 occasions when he was the matchwinner, and many other times when he was an intergral part of sustained attacking City performances.

He was poor in the Final but not one City player came out of the Millennium performance with any credit.

Malone, you freely admitted to giving him constant stick at matches while he was a City player.

It was you and your ilk who call themselves Bristol City supporters while crucifying one of our players who "stank the place out", not Roberts.

I don't think he 'stank the place out', but for the majority of the time he played he wsn't much good to us. Too lazy, arrogant and thought he was better than he was. He produced some great moments but that's all. Nothing lasting, no consistnecy- just a few moments. Sitting on the bench at Swindon just shows that Tinnion got it spot on in getting rid of him. And we got some money too. Wonders will never cease.

Guest MaloneFM

Hello Noggers old chum how have we been?

I just thought he was crap. Still do. Never mind try to get some sleep eh?

Robo was a class act scored some fantastic goals , and scared the opposition with his PACE ,something we now lack. I would love to have him back , he's one of those players you either love or hate , obviously a lot of idiots hated him just because he was welsh but i thought he was a great player , an his celebration when he scored against qpr was top notch! BRING ROBBO BACK!

Hello Noggers old chum how have we been?

I just thought he was crap. Still do.

Yes, that's all well and good Malone, but your 'arguments' have never been in the slightest bit persuasive and they still aren't.

I can't think of any negatives you've ever made against Roberts that i, or someone else, hasn't been able to counter. That's not to say he was perfect by any means, but i can quote many matches where he was outstanding and everything from you is a vague "he's crap". This 'repartee' between us is not an evenly weighted argument at all. I don't care about his haircuts, his Welshness or his demeanour. So what exactly substantiates your opinion apart from that?

It's excitement and players getting me off my seat that i want at Ashton Gate and Roberts provided that aplenty.

The overwhelming fact is you hated him, therefore he is crap.

There's nothing else of substance from you.

You don't half talking some rubbish at times.

He had one of the best touches at the club during his time here.

I have skipped half the thread as I've been through it 200 times in the past.

But I'm sorry, if you honestly think Roberts had a good touch on him your mad.

The ball used to bounce off him, he had no skill, just get the ball, run, shut his eyes and shoot, usually to end up in the back of the stand, or over it.

They would fly in the top corner every 50 times, and when they did, we went mental, he gave us some great moments and I'll thank him for that, Mansfield, Hartlepool etc.

Sadly I didn't rate him, there's a difference between disliking him and not rating him, I thought he was a crap footballer but seemed a good bloke.

Whereas Tony Thorpe is the total opposite.

I have skipped half the thread as I've been through it 200 times in the past.

But I'm sorry, if you honestly think Roberts had a good touch on him your mad.

The ball used to bounce off him, he had no skill, just get the ball, run, shut his eyes and shoot, usually to end up in the back of the stand, or over it.

They would fly in the top corner every 50 times, and when they did, we went mental, he gave us some great moments and I'll thank him for that, Mansfield, Hartlepool etc.

Sadly I didn't rate him, there's a difference between disliking him and not rating him, I thought he was a crap footballer but seemed a good bloke.

Whereas Tony Thorpe is the total opposite.

Tom F has taken away members previous posts so I cant quote him exactly. As I recall, he called one of Tins last press statements as an "ill advised rant ", and the team at the time of Tins demise as

"a team of wasters". Not so under GL apparently. Just consider the source, a clik staff member with site power, just a 25 year old lad who has his own opinion of Roberts.

Roberts is about where his talent deserves, that is, Swindon reserves.

Says it all .

100-Good Darts.

Well boys and girls, a lot of feedback there methinks.

No middle ground it would seem, you either rated him and liked him(and were a Roberts lover).

Or, you didn't rate him and disiked him(and were known as a Roberts hater).

Still find it strange that one player can cause such a divide between fellow supporters.

I am glad he's not here anymore, no suprise there I know, but I never hated him, just didn't rate him, and thought too much fuss was made about him by some supporters.

Each to their own.

Thanks for the debate.

freezer :city:

Guest MaloneFM

Yes, that's all well and good Malone, but your 'arguments' have never been in the slightest bit persuasive and they still aren't.

I can't think of any negatives you've ever made against Roberts that i, or someone else, hasn't been able to counter. That's not to say he was perfect by any means, but i can quote many matches where he was outstanding and everything from you is a vague "he's crap". This 'repartee' between us is not an evenly weighted argument at all. I don't care about his haircuts, his Welshness or his demeanour. So what exactly substantiates your opinion apart from that?

It's excitement and players getting me off my seat that i want at Ashton Gate and Roberts provided that aplenty.

The overwhelming fact is you hated him, therefore he is crap.

There's nothing else of substance from you.

And most of it is made up or second hand and false from you old fruitbat. In our last episode you accused me of swearing my mouth off at him at Yeovil in a friendly. Which I did and still do deny. With witnesses. I cant remember putting anything on this thread concerning his hair, or his nationality. I didnt say I hated him. I don't hate anyone. Even you poppet.

But as it seems to float your boat everytime I get into the Roberts thing. To keep you going....he was and is a short hair sheep molesting crappy Welsh welshy welsh welsh and you are a genuis and you are better than me and you can run much faster and you have a better bike.

Still cant say I hate anyone though....sorry.

Someone , who knows what they are doing, set up a voting system

Roberts back Yes

Roberts back No

and lets see which is most popular.

I'll bet the former!

I'm pretty sure it'd be no, not that it really matters. He is not even getting into a poor Swindon side. He could have gone on to do well since he left City if he really put his mind to it. But it seems as though he is carrying on playing one good game in five. Not good enough I'm afraid.

Guest MaloneFM

Most Swindon fans round here think he's crap and that 20k was overpriced.

Surely that should settle the argument.

Only with me...not with young Noggers.

Archived