IGNORED

Left Winger

Sir Colby-Tit

Whilst Scott Brown has done a good job on the left I'd much prefer to see him in the centre of midfield. Which got me thinking as to who we should use on the left.

We've tried Wilkshire & Grant Smith & neither seem to be happy there. So why not try Scott Golbourne? He has pace and flair, can whip in a cross & is left footed (call me old fashioned but I always think this is a good asset for a left winger!).

Just a thought!

The way it seems to have been planned at the last two home games is for Woodman to get forward as much as possible when City have the ball going 3-5-2 in the process.This allows Brown to move inside.When City lose possesion Woodman drops back and City revert to 4-4-2.

Over on the right its a different arrangement.Orr has Cotterill or Murray in front of him and thats why Orr doesn't get forward as much.He can lay the ball off to either of them and concentrate on his defensive role.He along with Partridge and Sankofa form the back three when City are on the attack.

You say that City don't need an out and out left winger.

Golbourne will end up as a left-winger I think.

He's too defensively naive to be a full-back. Going forward though, he's great.

Incidently, has anybody ever seen Fortune play at left-back in a competitive game, and if so, what was he like?

It would be nice to be able to play him anywhere up or down the left flank, maybe his best position is LWB in a 5-3-2?

Your right thought, he's more Wayne Bridge than Gabriel Henzie.

Definatly one to watch this season, will be interesting to see what Sir Gary has in store for him.

Archived