IGNORED

East End

Brianred

:englandsmile4wf: Having just blanked my post (ask sL - About time ) about a question i made having an area of the ground for home fans who want to be with their mates ( no rubber jokes) to have a good sing and good banter. Part of the ground where you could get at least 2,000 fans together and don't have to be season ticket holders! But NO Mr Sexton says " the new end will still have priority to season ticket holders, so the atmosphere will still be like the Ateyo (mixed). When fans stand up in the Dolman (he wouldn't let it happen, he was Bristol City) all you get is, sit down i cant see. So stick the loyals in one area and bring back the banter and vocals and show the up and coming supporters that Ashton Gate has an atmosphere. Perhaps the more fans that say go for it THEY might just help out!!

See what How about a, thread reply on ask S.L :dunno: THERE IS ALREADY AN ATMOSPHERE APPARENTLY :blink:

As far as I can see it we have 3 different singing areas, each end of Dolman and end of Atyeo only at away game is this support united, then only because it has to be.

When/if the new East End Wedlock stand is built will it unite these areas or just add another one :dunno:

Guest BeNeRz

I really hope we can get one whole place to sit as a group of fans. the atmosphere would be immense!

I tried to sit up dolman block G last week.. went in with one of my mates and ended up with no seat and had to move to a different block

I really hope we can get one whole place to sit as a group of fans. the atmosphere would be immense!

I tried to sit up dolman block G last week.. went in with one of my mates and ended up with no seat and had to move to a different block

where did u sit second half ? we were waiting for you to come back.

I simply think the club need to make an area unreserved seating, that is the problem. Its not becuase season ticket holders are taking all the seats. I would also like to know why the club no longer put on the seat reserved if it has been sold to a season ticket holder. this would erase the problem of unreserved seating peeps sitting in ST holders seats.

The solution to our problem is to make the east end a standing high tech terrace. High tech being with saftey procautions built in so there is no overcrowding and easy exits. You wouldnt have a problem with standing, it would be a focal point for fans who want to shout and sing, and wouldnt cost the club as much as a seated stand.

As long as we have seats, it will never be like the old days

The East End was still good for creating atmosphere after the seats were put in because it was unreserved seating.

I simply think the club need to make an area unreserved seating, that is the problem. Its not becuase season ticket holders are taking all the seats. I would also like to know why the club no longer put on the seat reserved if it has been sold to a season ticket holder. this would erase the problem of unreserved seating peeps sitting in ST holders seats.

The solution to our problem is to make the east end a standing high tech terrace. High tech being with saftey procautions built in so there is no overcrowding and easy exits. You wouldnt have a problem with standing, it would be a focal point for fans who want to shout and sing, and wouldnt cost the club as much as a seated stand.

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez: S.L are you reading; you know it makes sense :dunno::city::city::city:

I take it that you have something against Season Ticket holders?

:angry: only the ones who sit there thinking i've paid for this seat so why should i join in with the support !! you can sit where the hell you like, me and other supporters want to sit, stand in an area as one and get behind team. if thats ok?

Guest BeNeRz

where did u sit second half ? we were waiting for you to come back.

I had to go... was on fone to my old man and left not long after...

just summut personal that i had to leave :(

:angry: only the ones who sit there thinking i've paid for this seat so why should i join in with the support !! you can sit where the hell you like, me and other supporters want to sit, stand in an area as one and get behind team. if thats ok?

You can sit where you like by all means I'm fine with that, I'm not the one being stereotypical :doh:

Season ticket holders are annoying.

They waltz into the stadium with 2 minutes to kick off, sit down with their arms folded and act grumpy for the entire 90 mintues.

If someone sings or stands they usually get quite upset

Season ticket holders should be banned from Ashton Gate and this forum and also from the city of Bristol as well.

I agree entirely with Brianreds initial comment. To have an open stand where people can sit where they like would bring back some degree of atmosphere.

Definatly agree that it is the lack of unreserved seating/terrcaing that makes for the lack of atmosphere.

Following the comment that it would show up and coming supporters what decent support is it got me thinking about my formative years at Ashton Gate. I used to go with the old man and stand in the old Schoolboy enclosure in front of the Dolman, all the support and singing came from the East End and all me and my mates ever wanted was to be old enough for Dad to let us in there, I can still remember the excitement and slight apprehension of my first match behind the goal. The apprehension came from the legends and folklaw you heard from various sources about the famed East End.

The other marvellous thing about unreserved areas and terracing in particular is the fact that you had to get there early to make sure you got a good spot, this led to the most popular parts of the ground filling up nice and early(good comecial sense,) building a cracking atmosphere even before kickoff. Walking across the park to the ground hearing the singing was always an amazing sound, although it probably meant you were too late to get your favourite spot, how often now do you hear any singing when approaching the ground, nowadays?

Thats it,

Going on from my previous post, I imagine that it was possible to get a season ticket for the East End in those days, why would this not be possible today. When the East End was last opened many season ticket holders exchanged their seats for seats in the East End so it would appear that it would be a popular idea for an unreserved area where it is possible for Season Ticket Holders and walk up supporters to stand/sit with who they want. Is there any reason that season ticket holders could not buy them for unreserved seating or terracing.

Definatly agree that it is the lack of unreserved seating/terrcaing that makes for the lack of atmosphere.

Following the comment that it would show up and coming supporters what decent support is it got me thinking about my formative years at Ashton Gate. I used to go with the old man and stand in the old Schoolboy enclosure in front of the Dolman, all the support and singing came from the East End and all me and my mates ever wanted was to be old enough for Dad to let us in there, I can still remember the excitement and slight apprehension of my first match behind the goal. The apprehension came from the legends and folklaw you heard from various sources about the famed East End.

The other marvellous thing about unreserved areas and terracing in particular is the fact that you had to get there early to make sure you got a good spot, this led to the most popular parts of the ground filling up nice and early(good comecial sense,) building a cracking atmosphere even before kickoff. Walking across the park to the ground hearing the singing was always an amazing sound, although it probably meant you were too late to get your favourite spot, how often now do you hear any singing when approaching the ground, nowadays?

Thats it,

Going on from my previous post, I imagine that it was possible to get a season ticket for the East End in those days, why would this not be possible today. When the East End was last opened many season ticket holders exchanged their seats for seats in the East End so it would appear that it would be a popular idea for an unreserved area where it is possible for Season Ticket Holders and walk up supporters to stand/sit with who they want. Is there any reason that season ticket holders could not buy them for unreserved seating or terracing.

:city: A man after my own heart ! :D

The last two home games the atmosphere has been marvelous. It goes to show what the fans can do regardless of results if we believe in the team.

Sure, being in the east end would be nice for some for nostalgia but you have to appreciate that opening the east end increases stewarding and policing costs.

We can have the atmosphere without the east end being open if we want to.

Nibor

The last two home games the atmosphere has been marvelous. It goes to show what the fans can do regardless of results if we believe in the team.

Sure, being in the east end would be nice for some for nostalgia but you have to appreciate that opening the east end increases stewarding and policing costs.

Nibor

It was not marvelous in fact not noisey at all up until Hartlepool scored :dance:

Opening the East End united support as the band and Subbers and others came in when opened before; this released stewards from else where; and policing is dependant on who we are playing nothing else :dunno:

Next excuse oh yeah the fence, NOT NEEDED :dunno:

Nibor

:grr: what a load of! Bristol City fans have forgotten or just aint got a clue what an atmosphere at the gate, we all saw traces of it in the playoffs against hartlepool but alot of that was down to the support from the east end because of one large group giving it there all !Take that stadium in sheepland 40,000 City supporters sounding like 10,000 cause half of them didn't know words and we were all split up . Take Wembley against Bolton well over 40,000 sounding like 60,000, all changed when east end closed! Yeah i might sound off but when you've been there !!! marvelous atmosphere , YEAH RIGHT !!

Season ticket holders are annoying.

They waltz into the stadium with 2 minutes to kick off, sit down with their arms folded and act grumpy for the entire 90 mintues.

If someone sings or stands they usually get quite upset

Season ticket holders should be banned from Ashton Gate and this forum and also from the city of Bristol as well.

I agree entirely with Brianreds initial comment. To have an open stand where people can sit where they like would bring back some degree of atmosphere.

With out us season ticket holders putting out hard earnt money up front the club would not have the funds to invest, we are the back bone of the club keeping it ticking along. But thta does not mean that some need to bring along there singing voice's to ashton gate I moved to the Ateyo because was about the only one singing in the williams. :englandsmile4wf:

I would also like to know why the club no longer put on the seat reserved if it has been sold to a season ticket holder. this would erase the problem of unreserved seating peeps sitting in ST holders seats.

They have a clever new idea - they print the seat number where you are supposed to sit on your ticket

With out us season ticket holders putting out hard earnt money up front the club would not have the funds to invest, we are the back bone of the club keeping it ticking along. But thta does not mean that some need to bring along there singing voice's to ashton gate I moved to the Ateyo because was about the only one singing in the williams. :englandsmile4wf:

:city: no body is asking any season ticket holders to sing if they get embarrassed or they think i don't want to help with the support! Backbone ! The ground will always fill ticket holders or not. all me and others want is part of the ground for 2,000 with or without season tickets (must be some way) who want to be vocal as one (not pockets here and there)! > I could get a season ticket but don't want some muppet sat next to me moaning because I'm having a go . I'd sing by myself if it helped my team

Archived