IGNORED

Un Waged Ticket

Guest ashtonyate

Just to add my mate who has lived on benefits for the last 3 years manages have a season ticket...maybe if you cut down on a few things you might be able to afford to go to a few more games? :whistle:

:angry: If you don't smoke or drink have a family on disable benefit how the hell can you buy season tickets? has your mate got just got himself?

Guest ashtonyate

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45934

oh well, there's you answer. worth asking, but alas nope!

I would have bet that would be the answer I would get THATS FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY FOR YOU.I wonder if 500 disabled fans turned up would they let them in free.Still its the team I support, not the suits that run it.I will go down 4/5 times this season and listen to radio Bristol.Come on you reds

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45934

oh well, there's you answer. worth asking, but alas nope!

A disappointing argument from Colin Sexton - and a scheme as open to abuse as any other. He claims the club let the disabled in free. How does he categorise disabled? Does he mean wheelchair users, or does he include the Blind, the Deaf, people with Heart Problems, Schizophrenia, Depression, Cancer, Arthritis, alcoholics or the 1000 other problems that people can encounter?

Not a case of how he catergorises someone, more of a case of are they REGISTERED DISABLED. Someone Blind or Deaf will be in that category, the others won't. They are classed as illness.

To be fair, CS is just stating facts, in the modern day, in the modern game, if you can't afford to come to the game, it's a shame, but that's just the way it is.

Not a case of how he catergorises someone, more of a case of are they REGISTERED DISABLED. Someone Blind or Deaf will be in that category, the others won't. They are classed as illness.

To be fair, CS is just stating facts, in the modern day, in the modern game, if you can't afford to come to the game, it's a shame, but that's just the way it is.

But that's just the point, it doesn't have to be that way.

If the club decided to allow those on jobseeker's allowance cheaper entry we'd all benefit from the increased support and better atmosphere.

Surely there's paperwork people can use to show they've signed on this week and the DSS are happy that they're entitled to the allowance? Just show this and some ID when buying a ticket and at the turnstile - not exactly complex.

It's a lack of willingness to put in a bit of extra effort on part of CS in my opinion.

Nibor

With Ticket price as they are a lot of supporter on benfit cannot afford to go to games.I try to go a few games a season but in general I listen to the radio.This is a pity because having supported the City all my life. I am now excluded by the price of the tickets it cost my wife and myself about £35 to watch a game at ashton gate

Why can't the club come up with a un waged ticket of say £8, my ideal is you show your benfit entilement to the club then you are given a code so when buy your ticket you get a discount.Is it better to have some one going ever match rather then 2/3 times a season I would think.

If I had my way your ticket, as an unwaged City supporter, would be financed from the proceeds of confiscated royalist assets and property. I.e. assets and property seized from corrupt Crown Prosecution Service lawyers, corrupt royalist Gestapo Police - e.g. the West Midlands Police present at Walsall v BCFC last season and the British government's imposter Queen herself. :farmer:

As Willsbridge Red said on this thread earlier, there have been a lot of patronising and downright rude replies on this thread.

My current situation is that I am £10,000 in debt having trained for three years to become a Primary school teacher. Having now graduated, I am finding myself in competition with 80-150 other applicants for each post. As a result, I have not been able to gain work in time for the new term and am currently living a hand to mouth existence as a supply teacher.

With the prices at AG being what they are, I am now unable to attend City matches, which have always been an important part of my week. As we all know, football is addictive, and the combination of not being able to find work, high debt and absence of football as a stress release is depressing for me.

To say that jobseekers can't be bothered to get off their backsides is disgraceful, I will gladly walk you all through the 100+ applications that I have submitted over the summer. I have also trained for three years to gain a professional qualification, and though I won't go into further detail here, recent government schemes to reduce teacher's workload have left a great number of newly qualified teachers unemployed, and facing a hard task to find employment.

An unwaged benefit would be a great idea, and if as someone mentioned, it could be linked in with the six-month JSA, it would be of great use to me and many others who are going through a rough time.

But the point is, you have work. it is not the work you want, it is not the work you are searching for, but you work. You do not sponge by claiming benefits waiting for your ideal job and for that I truly hope you get the job you want sooner rather than later.

If I was sacked tomorrow and couldn't find work in my profession, I'd work at Tesco. if I was less eloquent, I may work on the trolleys... there is work out there now for everybody and I genuinely believe that the majority of those on JSA could work.

Note: I said majority. I do not include those too ill to work.

Only today I was talking to the owner of my local sandwich shop near my work and she said that she just can't find people to work in the shop and therefore has to employ forgieners with very little english!!!

There is work out they some people are just unwilling to do it, if someone is too ill to work then fair enough as long as they can prove it.

Others just need to get off their butts and do something about it, funny though how they don't have enough money to go to matches, but they can afford a PC and the cost of their internet access!

But that's just the point, it doesn't have to be that way.

If the club decided to allow those on jobseeker's allowance cheaper entry we'd all benefit from the increased support and better atmosphere.

Surely there's paperwork people can use to show they've signed on this week and the DSS are happy that they're entitled to the allowance? Just show this and some ID when buying a ticket and at the turnstile - not exactly complex.

It's a lack of willingness to put in a bit of extra effort on part of CS in my opinion.

Nibor

But those unemployed through Disability - which is the catagory of people CS refers to will (by and large) not be on Jobseekers Allowance, and therefore will not have to prove they are looking for work. Lets not forget, the number of people on the Incapacity Benefit Register is three times greater than on Jobseekers Allowance.

I assume you mean registered as disabled with the local authority? If so, they don't differentiate between waged and unwaged. You cannot register as Disabled with the Department for Work + Pensions. The Green Card scheme was abandoned some years ago.

Archived