IGNORED

Sven's England Compared With Tinnion's City

martin

Different characters I admit and BT showed masses of passion compared to Sven. However there are striking similarities. Good players underperforming, high expectations with poor performances, disillusioned fans and tactics that confuse everyone, not least the players.

Comparison ends because Tinns did the honourable thing and a new passionate canny coach has turned round performances in 3 games, despite one defeat.

Sven: do the honourable thing? Not a chance especially when he's drawing £500,000 a month. Scandalous.

Different characters I admit and BT showed masses of passion compared to Sven. However there are striking similarities. Good players underperforming, high expectations with poor performances, disillusioned fans and tactics that confuse everyone, not least the players.

Comparison ends because Tinns did the honourable thing and a new passionate canny coach has turned round performances in 3 games, despite one defeat.

Sven: do the honourable thing? Not a chance especially when he's drawing £500,000 a month. Scandalous.

I know we'll be scolded by some smart-arse who will say that the post is in the wrong forum but England were shocking today for the most part. It was very reminiscent of the final knockings of the Tinnion reign in that England seemed prepared to gift Austria possession both before and after the lunatics sending off, even though we were the home side with the "allegedly" superior players.

In my opinion Beckham's sending-off is the best thing that could have happened to this England team. Sven can now forget about ruining the rest of the team to incorporate his head boy and concentrate on sending a team out to have a pop at Poland. Beckham is seemingly bigger than the team in his own mind. My prediction is that the boys will play a lot better and win on Wednesday without him.

I know we'll be scolded by some smart-arse who will say that the post is in the wrong forum but England were shocking today for the most part. It was very reminiscent of the final knockings of the Tinnion reign in that England seemed prepared to gift Austria possession both before and after the lunatics sending off, even though we were the home side with the "allegedly" superior players.

In my opinion Beckham's sending-off is the best thing that could have happened to this England team. Sven can now forget about ruining the rest of the team to incorporate his head boy and concentrate on sending a team out to have a pop at Poland. Beckham is seemingly bigger than the team in his own mind. My prediction is that the boys will play a lot better and win on Wednesday without him.

Watching Becks over the last few weeks makes me think he is back to his very best, loads of pin point passes, great crosses and dead ball kicks and covers more ground than most other players - and to be sent off for two yellow cards when he didn't commit any foul is diabolical. Having said that, if we had had a decent coach then Becks would have been taken off immediately after the first booking as it was known he would not be taking part v Poland so Wright Philips should have been on to see how he could work on the right before the Poland game and we would have still had 11 players on the pitch.

PS I said that before Becks was booked for the second "offence" so it's not with hind sight

poland are no push overs. if the players drifted through the austria game as you suggest and not really caring why would they be bothered to raise their game against poland. I suppose it could go either way with theoretically no pressure now other than fighting for their places; mind you thats a bit of a laugh because sven often seems blindingly to stay loyal to his players despite very poor performances.

perhaps the lesson of dropping rio will wake him up - when he came on he was a lot fresher than he has been recently; these prima donnas need a dose of humbling once in a while - they are treated far too well and pay the team, the country back with negligible performances and an attitude which leaves us all feeling they are verging on the unpatriotic.

Sven must stay by the way - no point rocking the boat now - lets see how we get on in Germany - I actually think we might do quite well especially if all players are fit and [bit of a big IF] if Sven reverts to his hitherto successful player positions.

Archived