IGNORED

Rory Fallon

Bristol Boy

Scored seven goals this season, in a very poor side that was being watched by 4,512 today :rofl2br:

It's been proved that we have no cover for SB and I reckon we could do with signing him as cover, at least.I can't see him an Brooker playing together, but at least we'd have two strong, target man type,goal scoring players and wouldn't have to change our system if SB's out.

I've seen Madjo three times now, admittedly only one start, but I'm not convinced.

Stewart's fine.Four yellows mean he'll miss a game soon.

Gillespie needs regular first team football and a stone of muscle and he ain't going to get that here.

Bridges needs to play in the hole or not at all and to make that work, he needs Brooker and a pacy, strong forward in front of him-We don't have that pacy strong forward.

Cotterill looks like he needs a break and doesn't look all that strong out wide.

I'd like to see Fallon and a strong pacy striker (Andrews-Palace) in and Madjo,Gillespie (loan) move out with a clause on Gillespie if he's sold because he could very well come good in the future.

I think if that happened, Bridges could go out on loan to sharpen him up.The ability's there, it's just the lack of sharpness, confidence and match fitness, that isn't

I can't believe this is the same Rory Fallon who played against us last season and missed some easy headers. If he has come good then he would be useful back up but we aren't going to be able to afford him surely.

I don't know, but he's also the bloke who scored against us the season before with a 25 yard overhead kick!

Swindon are skint, have no manager and the crowds are falling.

Why not give it a try?

Yep... But his all round game isn't supurb... Mind you he's Ronaldo compared to Jamie Cureton, Tony Thorpe and (to a latter extent) Christian Roberts' form this season.

Yeah it is quite a sorry looking attack. Do you think you are doomed or can you turn it around. I honestly though you would start getting some postiive results before the MK Donkeys game but it hasn't happened has it?

Yeah it is quite a sorry looking attack. Do you think you are doomed or can you turn it around. I honestly though you would start getting some postiive results before the MK Donkeys game but it hasn't happened has it?

Reading other fans views it's a plain and simple fact that we're just not good.... Truely doesn't look good for us. I bet Oxford go up!

We're drifting.

Sad really... I'd rather we go down than go bust.

Looking the players that Swindon lost during the summer Ialways thought that they would struggle but to be 6 points adrift at this early stage is a bit of a suprise. They really need the new man to turn things around or third division football beckons in my opinion.

Yes, I thought we'd have tough season... But I didn't think we'd be so gosh darn poor ... Iffy Onuora doesn't look like turning things around at this moment in time.... Next 5 games involve Brentford, S****horpe and you as our fifth... I dread the next month

Yes, I thought we'd have tough season... But I didn't think we'd be so gosh darn poor ... Iffy Onuora doesn't look like turning things around at this moment in time.... Next 5 games involve Brentford, S****horpe and you as our fifth... I dread the next month

Hate to say it Rich, but before a kick was made, I said you would be relegated, and it looks like, so far, I'm right.

You gave us Heywood and Smith and most of your fans were not happy chappies and the alarm bells were ringing from then on.

There was optomism when Cureton and Thrope were signed, but I think everyone really knew that they had seen their best days.

I agree with your earlier statement, rather get relegated than go bust.

MM

Hate to say it Rich, but before a kick was made, I said you would be relegated, and it looks like, so far, I'm right.

You gave us Heywood and Smith and most of your fans were not happy chappies and the alarm bells were ringing from then on.

There was optomism when Cureton and Thrope were signed, but I think everyone really knew that they had seen their best days.

I agree with your earlier statement, rather get relegated than go bust.

MM

We didn't replace Heywood... But our defence was dire last season too... We made up for it through Parkin's goals (and Smith's 10)

Matt Heywood was always leaving regardless to who and Grant Smith got frankly greedy (regardless to who he joined) and he's in the same situation as he was when he started his Swindon career.

Our team is young and lacks far too much experience... The players who have the experience have let us down... I expected it from Thorpe but not Cureton but maybe I should have, Roberts won't be at Swindon much longer either... All 3 not even on the bench on Saturday which was suicide.

Scored seven goals this season, in a very poor side that was being watched by 4,512 today :rofl2br:

It's been proved that we have no cover for SB and I reckon we could do with signing him as cover, at least.I can't see him an Brooker playing together, but at least we'd have two strong, target man type,goal scoring players and wouldn't have to change our system if SB's out.

I've seen Madjo three times now, admittedly only one start, but I'm not convinced.

Stewart's fine.Four yellows mean he'll miss a game soon.

Gillespie needs regular first team football and a stone of muscle and he ain't going to get that here.

Bridges needs to play in the hole or not at all and to make that work, he needs Brooker and a pacy, strong forward in front of him-We don't have that pacy strong forward.

Cotterill looks like he needs a break and doesn't look all that strong out wide.

I'd like to see Fallon and a strong pacy striker (Andrews-Palace) in and Madjo,Gillespie (loan) move out with a clause on Gillespie if he's sold because he could very well come good in the future.

I think if that happened, Bridges could go out on loan to sharpen him up.The ability's there, it's just the lack of sharpness, confidence and match fitness, that isn't

Good post but i cannot see Fallon wanting to come and play once in a while for the City can you? Swindon know who they want as their next manager and I do not think they will be going down or wish to part company with Fallon who is under contract.

Rich, your lot have stopped extracting the michael out of us recently :rolleyes: Unless you lot get your acts together you are gonnas..........even the comedy Dung are better fer Chrissakes :unsure:

Rich, your lot have stopped extracting the michael out of us recently :rolleyes: Unless you lot get your acts together you are gonnas..........even the comedy Dung are better fer Chrissakes :unsure:

Huh?

At least we know we're rubbish at the moment.

I hate those fans that won't acknowledge their team is rubbish even if their bottom of the table.

Well, I went to the Swindon v Port Vale game because I had nothing better to do...

Yes, Fallon did stand out, his runs and movement off the ball caused Vale no end of problems in the first half. Scored a well taken goal, was deservedly "man of the match" and, as has been said on here, definitely stood out among the Swindon players.

I think if Swindon are to escape relegation they desperately need to keep hold of him.

Huh?

At least we know we're rubbish at the moment.

I hate those fans that won't acknowledge their team is rubbish even if their bottom of the table.

A month ago both clubs were in the same boat, drifting down the table with falling gates and bad football. However due to our better finances City have signed Gary Johnson as manager (arguably the best choice that was out there), have money available for transfers and due to the better quality and depth of our squad have turned the corner.

In contrast Swindon have appointed internally as it is the cheap option, have zero money for transfers and the majority of your squad is 21 and under. I would also be alarmed at the fact you have so many loan players in your first team. They won't bust a gut to get you out of the position you're now in and due to inexperience will make errors.

With little prospect of moving up the table crowds will continue to fall pushing the prospect of administration ever nearer. Dark days for the town.

Archived