IGNORED

Reasons Why You Fell In Love

Mr Gow

I too was at the West Ham drubbing. I can remember being in the East End when Clive Allen gave us the finger! Curse that swine!

My first game though was home against Walsall when they beat us 3-2. Need some help here though. I can remember standing in the open end, and Walsall scored the winner by rounding our keeper and "slotting home". My Uncle went nuts as our goalkeeper had lost it in the first place, can't remember his name. Think it was 1985 so I must have been 10.

I can remember being at Wembley when we beat Bolton not too long after that.

I can't say "Never looked back" because I have to be honest.

Dzeikanowski and Cole though - I remember that!

First game I went to was against Leeds United in 1975/76 season. My old man took me & my two brothers down & stood us all on wooden stools, behind the goal in the East End. The game was called off due to fog but I was hooked from that moment.

I was there at that game. All I can remember was everybody queing for tickets after the game. Cannot eally remember why.

From memory - 0-0 at the time? Somebody told me at the time was had gone close - which was news to me!

Cos of me mam, allus City, but only really started supporting em after takin stick in the military from Fleagulls, Boredmuff, Pampeiii, Sjoke, Yark, and Baaaadiff fans..............first game against all this lot- wins except Pampeiii, still not seen City play em.........

Highlights shuttin up Chelski, Liverpool and Rovers fans at various points over time..............

Lowlights, Swampsea, Lu'on, Wycome............... :disappointed2se:

I lived in St.George surrounded by Rovers fans,when I was about 7 a neighbour gave me

a red rugby shirt,I thought it was a football shirt and raced home with it to ask my brother

(rovers fan)which football team played in red,luckily he said City,at that point the love affair began.

Ever since I have been subjected to disappointment and under achievement but to this day I am

glad my brother said that City play in red and not Man Utd or anyone else

manc u..................... were just another team................and still are for me ......... just like that chelski lot............. just depends on your memory................?

Being in many ways seen as a dysfunctional type of person I feel quite at home following the greatest dysfunctional football club in England. Quite why we've underacheived for so long remains one of English football's great mysteries. Being Bristolian Bristol City FC is my club and I'd still be City if we were in the Downs league. We've also got, on the whole, the best and most patient supporters in England considering our poxy Div 3 status.

Up the City

Does everyone have to post 'Haven't looked back since' in this thread?

Well Mesa Boogie................ you'd have a different perspective would you not ?

I guess you'd prefer not to look forward?

Still you are a nice little amp for live work............ spent many an evening having my ears blasted out by your namesake............... as amps go you do punch it out!

How is that Dr.Faustus?

All these 'I was brought to my 1st match by my Dad/uncle/brother (Mum?)' posts have made me wonder if I have now inflicted a future of hope/despair on my children! :w00t:

Erm.............. I have two Mini Dorset_Cider's that only shout for the City........ must be almost a hundred years of following the 'Bristol City' in my family and I do not doubt any others that claim the same on here.

Said it before and I say it again!

UP THE CITY! ....... As my dear old 'Nan Bristol' used to say.

Are there any other teams that compare........ not for us eh?

Erm.............. I have two Mini Dorset_Cider's that only shout for the City........ must be almost a hundred years of following the 'Bristol City' in my family and I do not doubt any others that claim the same on here.

Said it before and I say it again!

UP THE CITY! ....... As my dear old 'Nan Bristol' used to say.

Are there any other teams that compare........ not for us eh?

Are you 100 DOrset. You look good for your age!!! ;)

was touch and go with me....half the playground was red.....fortunately i went with the blues....but i must say that BCFC gave me some happy times...i used to deliver bingo ticket thingies and get complimentary tickets each week....so when city went up....yep i made some dosh selling my ticket on....i did however watch the odd game when i didnt go away with the gas....loads of my mates supported city then so i must admit to having some.....not a lot mind because i love the gas...feelings 4 the sh,it....great days...youve got to admit even though you know and i know that we,ll never merge...we,ll never get rid of you,and you,ll never get rid of us...even though loads of you say you hate us and vise versa...we still enjoy good banter....i even remember walking by ashton park and we were about to be set upon by you lot when both sets of fans recognised eachother....had a laugh and moved on(never 4got that).....good thread well done....now i,ll eff off.... :Party12:

Coming from the sag side of the river my family were saggies, and at a very young age i natrualy (sp) told all my little mates i was a Rovers fan, this was before i had ever been to a football match,however in 73 or 74 i was taken to a match at the gate think it was scunny and stood in the east end, from that night onwards i never looked back, i was in love with City

My dad took me to my 1st game at wembely back in 86 when we beat Bolton I was hooked supporting city goes far back in our family even to the bristol south end days I have only missed 4 home games since then :city:

Guest The Codfather 0312

I have been brought up as A City fan and had always watched the games on tele and listened on the radio. My 1st game I went to though was against Portsmouth when we we're last in What is now the Championship.

As i remember I sat in the C block At the top with my late fathers cousin and his two siblings. The game as I remember it ended 2-2 or 2-1 to portsmouth. Was a fantstic game full of excitement and from then onwards I have been hooked.

After that game I went to every home game including all the friendlies and cup games for the next 3-4 years.

My 1st football game I ever did watch though which I am ashamed to say was A ristol Rovers game against Wallsall at the mem in the Ldv vans trophy( Can't remember what it was called back then). I only went as in school they gave away some free tickets. The game bored me to death and The next time I went back there was to watch Bristol rugby play.

In my eyes i've never seen any football played there apart from when city has played there.

Guest The Codfather 0312
I started supporting SWINDON in 1990, good players, good turn out... I've dreaded looking forward since 1996!

Sorry but the question was why did you fall in love with Bristol City not Swindle Town.

Guest The Codfather 0312

But if you notice... READ carefully... There's an element of sarcasm within my post.

Bless you.

And if you also read carefully you will also notice a element of sarcasm within my post.

Archived