IGNORED

The Apple Tree

Guest Cadburyheath Red

Guest Cadburyheath Red

I read a feature about cider pubs in the Evening post seven magazine on saturday about a pub in Bedminster called the Apple Tree, being from Cadburyheath I only really drink over that side of town on match days & was just wondering if anyone can tell me where it is, what cider they do & do many city fans drink in there, as I was thinking of popping in there before the Tranmere game.

The apple tree if I'm right in thinking is round the back of NatWest on East street. It is a rather RARE pub. I remember going to work on several occassions where there were people coming out of the pub from the night before. The customers are very local and the cider looked a rather strange orange colour! Spit n sawdust they call it classy!! :D

I read a feature about cider pubs in the Evening post seven magazine on saturday about a pub in Bedminster called the Apple Tree, being from Cadburyheath I only really drink over that side of town on match days & was just wondering if anyone can tell me where it is, what cider they do & do many city fans drink in there, as I was thinking of popping in there before the Tranmere game.

Philip St (near Malago Road)

Bristol, BS3 4EA

0117 966 7097

Just look on google

The apple tree if I'm right in thinking is round the back of NatWest on East street. It is a rather RARE pub. I remember going to work on several occassions where there were people coming out of the pub from the night before. The customers are very local and the cider looked a rather strange orange colour! Spit n sawdust they call it classy!! :D

Sound like my kinda place !!

If you're heading up Bedminster Parade, away from Redcliff & with Asda on your right, turn left at Motaman & 100yards up on your left.

Proper 'Old School' cider pub.

The place is about about the size of your average front room.

Once went there and there was a band playing - only thing was there was no room left for the customers, so we all stood about drinking on the pavement outside.

Another time, was in there on a darts night, - now the dartboard's above one of the tables. The old locals didn't care though, you'd just have to throw your darts over their heads. They didn't blink an eyelid, even with the occasional stray dart landing right on their table in between their 'Somerset Wine' !

Proper !

Its been many years since I was last in there but The Apple Tree is a tiny place with only one room as I recall.Its just down the road from another notorious cider pub The Barely Mow - opposite Asda in Bemmy.A pint of rough was only a quid untill recently but now its got upto £1.20...tch, the price of a pint these days.... :disapointed2se:

Guest Cadburyheath Red

come to the try Again off north street

Ive driven past it many times but have never been in there. Do they do Cheddar Valley or Taunton Traditional?

Guest MaloneFM

Looks really really horrible!!! opposite a nut house so god knows what kind of people will go in there!!

NO dear boy thats Wedlocks opposite the nuthouse.

Archived