IGNORED

Frank Bruno?

Guest Frank

What a great role model to invite to a football club.

I wonder what stories Tory wannabe Bruno will be telling. A mix of tales about knocking his wife about mixed in with anecdotes about his cocaine snorting probably.

I see there's a mystery comedian joining him too. I wonder who that will be? Jim Davidson probably, so the guests tick similar boxes in their life profile.

What a stupid post.

Frank Bruno has had many problems in his life which he has admitted to and dealt with. Having had the pleasure of working with him on several occaisions, I have nothing but respect for him and will certaintly be getting 2 tickets for me and my wife to attend.

Do we have to pay to watch this monosyllabic junkie??

If not, count me in!!!

;)

£55 per head.

Perhaps the club could explain their reasons for inviting this wife-beating coke snorting individual to our football club.

I wonder what stories Tory wannabe Bruno will be telling. A mix of tales about knocking his wife about mixed in with anecdotes about his cocaine snorting probably.

I see there's a mystery comedian joining him too. I wonder who that will be? Jim Davidson probably, so the guests tick similar boxes in their life profile.

I all fairness the sniffing story has only just surfaced & BCFC muast have booked this a while ago

Thats a bit silly considering in your signature you have the words "Smoke bud"!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! (No pun intended there - honest!)

Sorry, can't really see your point. Are you suggesting that as I partake in the odd spliff I must also condone the use of Class A drugs?

Sorry, can't really see your point. Are you suggesting that as I partake in the odd spliff I must also condone the use of Class A drugs?

Well I don't know - you tell me! Your signature says "Smoke Bud, Eat Cheese, Support City".

Is this 3 things that you reccomend in life? If not, why put such a thing in your signature?

Well I don't know - you tell me! Your signature says "Smoke Bud, Eat Cheese, Support City".

Is this 3 things that you reccomend in life? If not, why put such a thing in your signature?

And if his signature said "Beat your wife, snort cocaine, smoke cannabis" you'd be telling us all how you would happily pay £110 for you and your wife to listen to him talk at Ashton Gate presumably?

I still don't see your point. I've smoked dope for 20 years, and I hold down a responsible job as a manager in a commercial law firm, it's never done me any harm.

I prefer to smoke because I'm not so keen on alcohol, although I do prefer an occasional drink.

When I smoke I tend to watch telly & eat junk food, would you rather I was in town picking fights, smashing windows and vomiting in the gutter?

If you are saying that by having "smoke bud" in my sig that I am condoning the use of cocaine you are a simpleton of the highest order.

And if his signature said "Beat your wife, snort cocaine, smoke cannabis" you'd be telling us all how you would happily pay £110 for you and your wife to listen to him talk at Ashton Gate presumably?

Ok, all this is probably going too far on a City forum and I expect most of these posts to be removed shortly.

But, about Frank Bruno. He is no angel. He has done things he regrets, havent we all? But he has been big enough to stand up and admit he has problems, and then does something about it and deals with them.

Surely, you would rather a man who for whatever crazy reason beats his wife to admit it and seek help so as he doesnt do it again, rather than just carry on in silence and let his wife suffer.

As for the drugs, thats just something that is in the celebrity lifestyle that Frank Bruno leads. Its everywhere, you cant avoid it and sometimes, its hard to say no - as you often see on the front pages of tabloids, celebs that get caught out, even footballers. Thats barely 5% of them - I know of for a fact many celebs that regularly take class A drugs and you never hear of it. If you heard that your favourite pop star or favourite footballer taking drugs, would you suddenly think "ooh, I don't like this person anymore"?

Drugs are in the showbiz world, and believe me before this year is out you will hear of more celebs that take drugs, but will you hate them once you hear of it? I doubt it. So why does Frank Bruno admitting to his problems and dealing with it make you so against the man?

I've had the pleasure of meeting Frank Bruno and he's a gentleman.

He has had a few problems and i hope is over them now, but he was a great sportsman and still is a great bloke.

Mod Note: Keep personal abuse out please

What a stupid post.

Frank Bruno has had many problems in his life which he has admitted to and dealt with. Having had the pleasure of working with him on several occaisions, I have nothing but respect for him and will certaintly be getting 2 tickets for me and my wife to attend.

I'm not sure about admitting to them.

His wife beating came out when his wife obtained a court order banning her husband from "assaulting, molesting or harassing" her.

As it was a court hearing, it came out into the public domain.

Obviously after that he said how sorry he was blah blah blah. Even he isn't so stupid as to say she deserved it.

His cocaine addiction has come out via the News Of The World (and to sell his book).

I wonder why he sold the story to the newsgroup who ran the headline "Bonkers Bruno Locked Up" when he was admitted to hospital suffering with mental illness. Surely that's the last paper you'd talk to.

Of course, it could be one of a number of reasons. Two being:

1. They offered the most money.

2. They got hold of the story and rang his agent saying, "Either you give us the exclusive for a knockdown price or we'll run the story painting Frank as the bad guy and ruin him. Of course if you let us have the story, we'll let Frank tell it in his own harrowing words and paint him as a victim so that he regains some public sympathy. Let us know when you've decided. Oh, you've decided already? That was quick."

Surely, you would rather a man who for whatever crazy reason beats his wife to admit it and seek help so as he doesnt do it again, rather than just carry on in silence and let his wife suffer.

He didn't admit it. His wife was forced to obtain a court order banning her husband from "assaulting, molesting or harassing" her.

In other words, she was so convinced it would continue that she actually took it to court to try and put an end to it. Had she not done that, she obviously felt her husband would have carried on in silence and let his wife suffer.

Are you waiting for the club to release there next piece of news so you can slag them off for that as well, they cannot do right for doing wrong sometimes.

No-one is forcing you to attend.

Are you waiting for the club to release there next piece of news so you can slag them off for that as well, they cannot do right for doing wrong sometimes.

No-one is forcing you to attend.

No, I'm expressing my opinion about something the club has done. It's kind of what this forum is for. If you have nothing to add to the discussion (as seems to be the case) then that's fine, just let those of us who do get on with it

I thought you realised the purpose of the forum when you were slagging off the coaching staff, players and ex-manager. Clearly not.

No, I'm expressing my opinion about something the club has done. It's kind of what this forum is for. If you have nothing to add to the discussion (as seems to be the case) then that's fine, just let those of us who do get on with it

I thought you realised the purpose of the forum when you were slagging off the coaching staff, players and ex-manager. Clearly not.

;) you could always put talc on a table to test his reaction, careful of right hook, not to be sniffed at! Wouldn't take my kids.

As for the drugs, thats just something that is in the celebrity lifestyle that Frank Bruno leads. Its everywhere, you cant avoid it and sometimes, its hard to say no - as you often see on the front pages of tabloids, celebs that get caught out, even footballers. Thats barely 5% of them - I know of for a fact many celebs that regularly take class A drugs and you never hear of it. If you heard that your favourite pop star or favourite footballer taking drugs, would you suddenly think "ooh, I don't like this person anymore"?

Drugs are in the showbiz world, and believe me before this year is out you will hear of more celebs that take drugs, but will you hate them once you hear of it? I doubt it. So why does Frank Bruno admitting to his problems and dealing with it make you so against the man?

Frank Bruno can shove what he likes up his nose for all I care. But yes, finding out someone takes class A drugs will make me think less of them as a person.

I'm not against Frank Bruno as such. Well, I'm against him beating his wife and snorting cocaine, but I'm against anyone doing that. I'm against our club promoting him and lining his pockets.

This is a sports club and it should be promoting positive role models in sport, not sportsmen who beat their partner to the extent that they are forced to take out a court banning order to try and stop it and not sportsmen who take cocaine and say they could be tempted to take it again. And not sportsmen who say of marijuana ""If you have a puff it chills you down" (hardly slamming its use in my opinion).

Not a good role model in sport and not someone I feel our club should be associating itself with in my opinion.

Guest DrFaustus

When I smoke I tend to watch telly & eat junk food, would you rather I was in town picking fights, smashing windows and vomiting in the gutter?

Why ever not? I thought that was usual, nay expected behaviour for your Redhead ruffians. :)

Why ever not? I thought that was usual, nay expected behaviour for your Redhead ruffians. :)

For gods sake Grant, cant you see this thread has already got out of all context, without your low form of humour :D

Going back to the subject, I am sure there are plenty of things that we have all done, that we are not particularly proud of. Fortunately, because we are in the media spotlight it doesn't get spread all over the national rags! If people want to believe what is said in the News Of The World well thats up to them. I suppose it makes a change from reading about Jordans ( (o) ) ( (o) ). Personally I don't think its fit to wipe my anus, but thats just me!

It's interesting that you've posted this.

There is another thread at the moment about the Red Hot Chilli Peppers possibly appearing at the Gate. I presume you are opposed to this as well?

Guest DrFaustus

There is another thread at the moment about the Red Hot Chilli Peppers possibly appearing at the Gate. I presume you are opposed to this as well?

Ah but chilli peppers are good for you as they help thin the blood, which in turn allows the mind to be freer.

Whatever you do, do not get someone to blow THEM up your hole.

It's interesting that you've posted this.

Tricky one.

They are a rock 'n' roll band so aren't sporting role models. I take your point though, if the club is to be used as a multifunctional venue then I guess there will be all sorts of different people using it.

I just think that Frank Bruno is being put forward as a sporting role model and, as a sports club, we shouldn't be endorsing him, but I do take your point.

Archived