IGNORED

Frank Bruno?

Guest Frank

Tricky one.

They are a rock 'n' roll band so aren't sporting role models. I take your point though, if the club is to be used as a multifunctional venue then I guess there will be all sorts of different people using it.

I just think that Frank Bruno is being put forward as a sporting role model and, as a sports club, we shouldn't be endorsing him, but I do take your point.

Should never have let that fraudster Billy Graham in - set a benchmark for low standards!

Tricky one.

They are a rock 'n' roll band so aren't sporting role models. I take your point though, if the club is to be used as a multifunctional venue then I guess there will be all sorts of different people using it.

I just think that Frank Bruno is being put forward as a sporting role model and, as a sports club, we shouldn't be endorsing him, but I do take your point.

Are you are saying it is unacceptable for the club to endorse an alleged drug using, sporting role model, yet acceptable to endorse an alleged drug using, musical role model merely because we are a sports club?

What a stupid post.

Frank Bruno has had many problems in his life which he has admitted to and dealt with. Having had the pleasure of working with him on several occaisions, I have nothing but respect for him and will certaintly be getting 2 tickets for me and my wife to attend.

met him a couple of years ago when i did the London marathon....nice chap...at least he tried....loads of pressure...no excuse i know ....

would the reactions be the same for Paul Merson & Tony Adams? What about Gazza? If Robbie Fowler was signed what would people say? Lawrence Dallaglio parading the world cup anyone? Did we enjoy Elton John last year?

My point is, a huge number of people have problems in their past. I think how you react to them is important. Frank has been brave enough to seek help and deserves respect for that.

secondary point - A number of my friends take cocaine, but I never have. Just because temptation is there doesn't make it OK.

What a great role model to invite to a football club.

I wonder what stories Tory wannabe Bruno will be telling. A mix of tales about knocking his wife about mixed in with anecdotes about his cocaine snorting probably.

I see there's a mystery comedian joining him too. I wonder who that will be? Jim Davidson probably, so the guests tick similar boxes in their life profile.

I sinecerly hope you never have any mental health problems ###### - would you say any of that to his face - no ? thought not.

Are you are saying it is unacceptable for the club to endorse an alleged drug using, sporting role model, yet acceptable to endorse an alleged drug using, musical role model merely because we are a sports club?

I'm not sure. It's a good point and it's certainly made me think.

I guess it's about where you draw the line. I'd be appalled if Jim Davidson or Bernard Manning were welcomed by our club because I can't stand their right wing views and would be uncomfortable with it.

I'd sooner Bruno wasn't coming to our club, but I guess it's all part of running a multifunctional venue. Doing that means drawing a line at some point and all our lines will be drawn in slightly different places I suppose.

For gods sake will everyone get off there moral high ground.

Ok the bloke has in the past made some mistakes but who hasnt?

He's at least trying to sort out his problems and get on with his life.

Some on here should be from the good ole days when if you done the slightest thing wrong you were stoned and burnt at the stake.

That'll teach em!!!

And as for he was a crap boxer, well i must of imagined the whole country going mad for him in the late 80's early 90's.

You don't get the chance to fight for the world title, let alone win it if your a crap boxer!!

Archived