IGNORED

Swindon Town

robins72

Looks like Swindon Towna re in more trouble they have been served with a winding up order for non payments totalling 600k by the Inland Revenue.

Vice Chairman MArk Devlin says that this can be cleared by 18th October. God knows where they're gettin the money from. With rising debts falling attendances and a team propping up league one its gloomy days for the Wilkshire club.

:( This is not good for any club, even if it is Swindon.

Completely agree, those who want Swindon to go bust clearly aren't fans of the game of football as a whole, because this would be terrible news for the English game in the lower leagues. Think how you would feel facing the real possiblity of Bristol City Football Club ceasing to exist. Good luck Swindle fans.

Completely agree with Ron, Dollymarie, London Red, Mr Gow and the thousands of other City fans who are saddened to hear this news.

It's bad news for football as a whole whenever a club is faced with a situation like this, and all true fans of football as a whole will be wishing Swindon the best of luck.

Guest Blinkpip

Cheers. Swindon board members back in the premiership era, took most of the money and defended any take over.

It just starting to affect us now. I can see us going down again next season.

Whatever ever club even Oxford, I would like them to still exist.

Everyone loves the derby games.(the more the better)

How citys finance's going lately? are they in the plus's?

Cheers. Swindon board members back in the premiership era, took most of the money and defended any take over.

It just starting to affect us now. I can see us going down again next season.

Whatever ever club even Oxford, I would like them to still exist.

Everyone loves the derby games.(the more the better)

How citys finance's going lately? are they in the plus's?

Our finances are being managed by the board at the moment, but if Steve L decides to leave and recall his loans, then we won't be far behind Swindon in getting a winding up order!

Just off topic for a minute, are you a Swindon fan as your post suggests, or a Gashead as it says on the left, or both?!(Although I'm not sure that's possible and I send my condolences if it is true) ;)

Guest Blinkpip

I am a Swindon Fan :crying:

What amazes me, that I think I can remeber City being in the red about 1995? And now it seems like they can spash the cash and buy anyone in League one. Offering 3 year contracts to players is only a dream for us now. The only thing I think City need to do more is to buy younger players than Bridges.

God, we miss Heywood.

I am a Swindon Fan :crying:

What amazes me, that I think I can remeber City being in the red about 1995? And now it seems like they can spash the cash and buy anyone in League one. Offering 3 year contracts to players is only a dream for us now. The only thing I think City need to do more is to buy younger players than Bridges.

God, we miss Heywood.

So do we!

I don't have a lot of love for Swine Town, but theres only ONE club in the League I'd like to see go bust and thats MK Dung.

For all of Swine Towns faults (And they are many...........fingers etc etc) at least their 500 fans are real ones, unlike the Dung. I hope you don't go bust either

Oxfart probably do, but y'all caint have everythang can you?

So good luck Swine Town (Cant beleive I was actually almost nice to em!!! :D )

Off to the pub, to get over the shock of it all :unsure::whistle:

Looks like Swindon Towna re in more trouble they have been served with a winding up order for non payments totalling 600k by the Inland Revenue.

Vice Chairman MArk Devlin says that this can be cleared by 18th October. God knows where they're gettin the money from. With rising debts falling attendances and a team propping up league one its gloomy days for the Wilkshire club.

What always amazes me is Swindon over past 3 years or so, Have faced similar circumstances once or twice a season. They always seem to overcome the problem at the eleventh hour and then go out and sign 4 players in one go, Surely this cannot be allowed to go on.

What always amazes me is Swindon over past 3 years or so, Have faced similar circumstances once or twice a season. They always seem to overcome the problem at the eleventh hour and then go out and sign 4 players in one go, Surely this cannot be allowed to go on.

In fairness to Swindon... These wind-up orders seem to be given in advance... This one (and the one before that) has gone public even though it doesn't have to be paid till the 18th and as mentioned we have it in place for payment on the 18th.

For those who want Swindon dead oh-so-very-much it's when you here that administration beckons for Swindon for a third time... Because we'll get more punishment than a 10 point docking.

In fairness to Swindon... These wind-up orders seem to be given in advance... This one (and the one before that) has gone public even though it doesn't have to be paid till the 18th and as mentioned we have it in place for payment on the 18th.

For those who want Swindon dead oh-so-very-much it's when you here that administration beckons for Swindon for a third time... Because we'll get more punishment than a 10 point docking.

Say you are right (and I really hope you are) and the *government* debt is paid off by Tuesday. Ask yourself the following questions:

* Who is providing the lifeline?

* What does he/she/it get in exchange for this?

* Is this benefactor likely to want the money back at any time? (later the better, naturally)

-and most importantly-

* What is he/etc. going to do once the situation settles & a foothold is gained in the club's stake?

I may know sod all about football club management but at least I can *tell* the brand of poker the Gov't would aim at my ringhole should I fail to capitalise on this opportunity.

Say you are right (and I really hope you are) and the *government* debt is paid off by Tuesday. Ask yourself the following questions:

* Who is providing the lifeline?

* What does he/she/it get in exchange for this?

* Is this benefactor likely to want the money back at any time? (later the better, naturally)

-and most importantly-

* What is he/etc. going to do once the situation settles & a foothold is gained in the club's stake?

I may know sod all about football club management but at least I can *tell* the brand of poker the Gov't would aim at my ringhole should I fail to capitalise on this opportunity.

The guy with the money is Sir Seton Wills... Long time Swindon fan and board member... His money won't last forever... This is always worrying...

Why am I still awake.

Archived