IGNORED

Kiosk Prices A Disgrace

stick

I have just been reading some of the threads about people struggling with ticket prices at the gate.

This got me thinking about something else regarding prices at Ashton Gate....the prices in the food kiosks.

I know this subject has been brought up before, but i took my 3 year old down to the gate for the recent reserve match against Yeovil the other week, for her first taste of the "big time" football that is City !!

Had a day off work so thought why not.

Predictabally after about 40 mins of the game she started getting fed up !

So to keep her quiet i told her she could have a bag of crisps (generous i know) from the Kiosk

80 blo*dy pence for a bag of crisps. 80 blo*dy pence for a mars bar

i nearly choked.

The local newsagent only charges 55p for a King size mars bar and 40p for a bag of crisps !!

Is it just me or is this well over the top.

I attend all the home games, and as many away games as i can afford but don't usually buy grub in the ground.

If the club want people to spend extra during half times etc, they should take a serios look at the pricing.

It's all very well Colin S saying prices are competitive or some rubbish like that, but they should compare prices in general, and not those of the motorway service / rip off stations !

:devil::devil::devil:

Do what I do when I take kids to games, smuggle food and drink in in a bag.

You don't have to smuggle, you can bring food and drink (no cans is all they are worried about),can't you??? It's part of my pre-match ritual to have my bag searched and about 4 stewards gathering around laughing and asking what I've brought them!!!

I have just been reading some of the threads about people struggling with ticket prices at the gate.

This got me thinking about something else regarding prices at Ashton Gate....the prices in the food kiosks.

I know this subject has been brought up before, but i took my 3 year old down to the gate for the recent reserve match against Yeovil the other week, for her first taste of the "big time" football that is City !!

Had a day off work so thought why not.

Predictabally after about 40 mins of the game she started getting fed up !

So to keep her quiet i told her she could have a bag of crisps (generous i know) from the Kiosk

80 blo*dy pence for a bag of crisps. 80 blo*dy pence for a mars bar

i nearly choked.

The local newsagent only charges 55p for a King size mars bar and 40p for a bag of crisps !!

Is it just me or is this well over the top.

I attend all the home games, and as many away games as i can afford but don't usually buy grub in the ground.

If the club want people to spend extra during half times etc, they should take a serios look at the pricing.

It's all very well Colin S saying prices are competitive or some rubbish like that, but they should compare prices in general, and not those of the motorway service / rip off stations !

:devil::devil::devil:

What the hell are you playing at, feeding your offspring that kind of $hite?

Don't buy it - its that simple. Very rarely do I buy any of the over-priced "food" on offer.The queues are to long and food poor quality.I would suggest to all fans to boycott the kiosks as thats the only way Lindleys would take any notice.

Its not the club that lose out,it would be Lindleys.They are the ones that set the prices.

Recently the Gas pies and pasties were voted the best in the football league - better even than Norwich City and just a few miles south we have to put with either scolding hot or cold pies and pasties.Its embarressing.

Guest DrFaustus
Recently the Gas pies and pasties were voted the best in the football league - better even than Norwich City and just a few miles south we have to put with either scolding hot or cold pies and pasties.Its embarressing.

Robbo, further north we have to put up with hold or cold football. Now THAT is embarassing.

I'm afraid to say the quality of food & drink available at AG is nothing short of shocking!!

I never ever buy food or drink from AG and unless they sort it out i guess i never ever will.

I just don't know why do they think that poorly served over priced crappy happy shopper food & drink is what people want?

I would rather pay a little more and get some decent food & drink.

Even Hot drinks like tea & coffee is a JOKE and taiste like living $h1t! OMG they cant even get TEA & COFFEE RIGHT!! ARRRGH?!?!

For a club the size of Bristol and the money thats involved i don't see why we put up with 4th rate food & drink.

I smuggle in my Food & drink, allways have allways will i expect.

I'm afraid to say the quality of food & drink available at AG is nothing short of shocking!!

I never ever buy food or drink from AG and unless they sort it out i guess i never ever will.

I just don't know why do they think that poorly served over priced crappy happy shopper food & drink is what people want?

I would rather pay a little more and get some decent food & drink.

Even Hot drinks like tea & coffee is a JOKE and taiste like living $h1t! OMG they cant even get TEA & COFFEE RIGHT!! ARRRGH?!?!

For a club the size of Bristol and the money thats involved i don't see why we put up with 4th rate food & drink.

I smuggle in my Food & drink, allways have allways will i expect.

:) The catering and City agree a contract, thats the end of the clubs part. the catering firm charge and sell what they want, try and eat or drink before you get there. i always take carton drinks and sweets for the kids. saves waiting in a queue to get some expensive crap put in your mouth wondering will your stomach last the day!

:) The catering and City agree a contract, thats the end of the clubs part. the catering firm charge and sell what they want, try and eat or drink before you get there. i always take carton drinks and sweets for the kids. saves waiting in a queue to get some expensive crap put in your mouth wondering will your stomach last the day!

Colin will tell you blah blah blah about the catering company being the best in the UK etc etc etc, but Colin drinks his tea from a nice ceramic cup, if we want one its in a cheapo plastic hand burning cup!!

Who is the catering company anyways? I want them named and shamed!!

I totally agree that the food prices at Ashton Gate are awfull, along with the quality of the food, I complained last season about the same thing and the answer that I got was We don't set the prices it's down to Catering Company.

Perhaps if evertone decided not to buy anything from the Kiosks then they would have no option other than to reduce prices. SO

STOP BUYING FROM THE KIOSK CAMPAIGN. :@

There was a survey done about 4 or 5 years ago, I think by FourFourTwo magazine, that ranked City 92nd of 92 league clubs when it came to catering. When I go to the Gate now, I just don't use the catering facilties at all, learnt from experience of paying over the odds for crap produce and service. Whereas the food at quite a few other grounds ive been to is good, though the same sort of prices do apply everywhere.

Guest ashtonyate

I totally agree that the food prices at Ashton Gate are awfull, along with the quality of the food, I complained last season about the same thing and the answer that I got was We don't set the prices it's down to Catering Company.

Perhaps if evertone decided not to buy anything from the Kiosks then they would have no option other than to reduce prices. SO

STOP BUYING FROM THE KIOSK CAMPAIGN. :@

I think the Club charge the catering company so much rent they have got to charge the prices they do to make a profit. After being charged £3:40 for 2 cokes I would sooner drink my own blood than pay that price

I fancied a bar of chocolate a couple of games back so thought I'd go to the Dolman kiosk for something, well I was bowled over by the selection, Yorkie or Kit Kat and that was it. Surely Lindley could stretch to a larger selection than that, well they don't have to worry any more because I go to the shop down the road where they have loads of selection and it doesn't cost me the best part of 3 notes for a drink and chocolate bar.

Archived