IGNORED

Portsmouth Interested In Lita

Mr Ed

According to today's Guardian Portsmouth are looking to buy a striker during the transfer window with a Championship based striker being the likely option. Top target is David Nugent from Preston with a likely price tag of £1.5m. Lita is quoted as another possible target along with Cameron Jerome of Cardiff.

Can't see Reading selling Lita for £1.5m and we could do with him moving on for a much bigger fee to benefit from the sell on clause.

Portsmouth along with WBA, Tottenham & Southampton were all interested at the start, Reading was the only club to put up the cash.

Lita won't be sold for 1.5 or even 2m, Reading will get promoted and he'll be worth 4-5m at least.

Portsmouth are in trouble, i doubt that will happen, but you never know.

Portsmouth along with WBA, Tottenham & Southampton were all interested at the start, Reading was the only club to put up the cash.

Lita won't be sold for 1.5 or even 2m, Reading will get promoted and he'll be worth 4-5m at least.

Portsmouth are in trouble, i doubt that will happen, but you never know.

I don't think Reading will go up. Wolves are good for that 2nd spot by the end I reckon. They might win the playoffs though.

I don't think Reading will go up. Wolves are good for that 2nd spot by the end I reckon. They might win the playoffs though.

Love to see Lita play in the Premiership, with Reading? who knows.. I reckon your right though, Wolves have more about them and would be better equiped to handle the Premiership.

A better scenario would be Reading messing up promotion at the final hurdle, Madjeski getting fed up of bankrolling them, and Lita leaving in the close season. :dance:

Call me bitter, but i'd hate to see Reading in the Premiership. Its already polluted with boring plastic clubs with no identity like Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn and Charlton as it is.

A better scenario would be Reading messing up promotion at the final hurdle, Madjeski getting fed up of bankrolling them, and Lita leaving in the close season. :dance:

Call me bitter, but i'd hate to see Reading in the Premiership. Its already polluted with boring plastic clubs with no identity like Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn and Charlton as it is.

I don't think Charlton are a plastic club! No new bowl like stadium and have earnt their right to be there as they have a great manager and almost make Europe until the last few months of every season. I agree with Wigan certainly as they have bought their way to the top with small attendances in a rugby town.

If you care to read the reports from the Reading games which Lita has played you'll see that Lita is taking stick for lacking quality in other area's of his game.No-one doubts his goal scoring ability but to make it in the big time you need more than just one talent.I'd be very suprised to see him join a premiership club with so many flaws in his game.

His link play and passing is diabolical and his team mates complain about his greediness... :@

Sounds familiar.........

If you care to read the reports from the Reading games which Lita has played you'll see that Lita is taking stick for lacking quality in other area's of his game.No-one doubts his goal scoring ability but to make it in the big time you need more than just one talent.I'd be very suprised to see him join a premiership club with so many flaws in his game.

His link play and passing is diabolical and his team mates complain about his greediness... :@

Sounds familiar.........

I'm sure Reading are really bothered when he bangs in goals. :doh:

He could play in the Premiership, of that I have no doubt. If Carlton Cole can, Lita can.

I know what you mean, who the hell are Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth & Chelsea etc...???

I think its about time we restructured football in this country and gave top flight footy to clubs who's City warrents it!

Sorry Bolton, Sunderland & Middlesborough aswell your CUT, Middlesborough is the shitest place ON EARTH!!

Why do they have top flight Footy? Awwwww

GRRRR, languishing in this plebby rooner league makes me wanna hurl! GARY GET US OUT!!

:grr:

If you mean can he jump high enough to get his head on a high ball then yes. If you mean can he do anything useful with it when he does or score often with his head in a crowded box then no.

Nibor

He is good in the air for his height- obviously not amazing. I've seen him score a few goals with his head- remember Torquay away for one.

I'm sure Reading are really bothered when he bangs in goals. :doh:

He could play in the Premiership, of that I have no doubt. If Carlton Cole can, Lita can.

I reckon Carlton Cole isn't that bad. he is only young and looked quite good the other night for the U"1's. Needs more first team football, but I tend to think that Lita could be as good as him shortly. He is as good as Earnshaw was when he was playing at our level.

What he needs to do is leave Chelsea though... His intentions are right but you want to playing as many first team games as possible.

Whatever happened to Lita's U-21 career? I thought he'd get in the squad as he's a Championship player.

Isn't he over the age now? Cole should go to portsmouth or something.

Sounds familiar.........

I'm afraid I'm reluctantly going to have to agree with RR here. :whistle:

I've never been a big fan of Lita's. Yes, he's a cracking 3rd tier player, and perhaps he'll make it as a good 2nd div footballer, but Premiership? - I don't think so.:(

He doesn't have the quality or the touch to make it at that level, unless he improves his game drastically with Reading.

Sorry... :dunno:

He doesn't have the quality or the touch to make it at that level, unless he improves his game drastically with Reading.

Sorry... :dunno:

Lets be honest he is a similer player to Marlon Harewood.... and this season he has done well in the premiership and has proved some people wrong! Some people might even say Leroy is better than Marlon just the fact Leroy seems to win more in the air. But hey we cant judge until we see it...... but PERSONALLY i think he is good enough.

Sounds familiar.........

The two most valuable attributes a top forward needs these days are pace and the ability to find the back of the net. You either have them or you don't , and Lita does. YOung layers like Owen and Rooney, who are a complete package at an early age, come along once in a blue moon, the rest have to learn their skills. Remember Lita is still only 20(?) The things he doesn't have just yet he can learn from good coaches and he should get better coaching at a higher standard of football.

Archived