IGNORED

Does Txt Talk Annoy You?

nickD

Guest cityboyo1679

i use it all the time, i don't on here anymore (well i try not too) after people TOLD me not to do it :crying: , i don't see how its annoying anyway, most people can still make out what your saying. Cant they?? :dunno:

it's a load of ********, complete and utter drivel, and a bane on internet forums.

I can just about deal with it in texts, but it takes longer to work out what in the name of god they are saying, than it would for them to just put it down in english.

I don't use text talk, about the only one i can justify is using u instead of you.

i use it all the time, i don't on here anymore (well i try not too) after people TOLD me not to do it :crying: , i don't see how its annoying anyway, most people can still make out what your saying. Cant they?? :dunno:

Its annoying because we have a language called English. Its nice to type English to show we are not all stupid.

Guest The Codfather 0312
Its what i was banned on the forum for..

Since then i havent really used it unless actully textin!

We all know that you are fond of your text talk Ben. When talking to you on msn I have to strain my eyes to understand what your saying even though I use it myself but ya take it to extremes.

I think people use it as when you use it you can fit more into a text. Like in the old days when you could only send one text at once so you shortened your words so what you had to say fitted. And its just stuck really.

It doesn't really annoy me, but I don't see the point.

In a text message, yes, of course it makes perfect sense to abbreviate everything. But otherwise it is completely pointless.

The English language is great because it affords a freedom of expression, and text messaging narrows the range of expression significantly. Therefore it also narrows the range of thought. Text messaging might be fine for letting someone know that "i wl c u l8er" but for discussing the artistic qualities of Bristol City's football it is entirely inadequate!

"Textspeak" is not really easy to understand either. Especially if people don't use punctuation marks. Why not just write in English instead; you know, that language that almost 30 per cent of the planet is familiar with?

I HAET TEXT TOK ITS EXTREM3LY ANOYNG111!1 WTF Y CANT P3OPLE USE PROPER 3NGLISH ANYMOR3

ANYONE????? WTF TAHT US3S IT COM3S ACROS AS BNG A STUPID TWALVE Y3AR OLD

or

I hate text talk, it's extremely annoying. Why can't people use proper English anymore?

Anyone that uses it comes across as being a stupid twelve year old

Archived