IGNORED

Your Job?

One Team In Keynsham

Without wishing to exclude the unemployed or young'uns from a discussion, and leaving aside the positives of a decent salary and/or perks, does anyone out there truly love their job? If so, why? What makes it special? Me, I am still looking for the gold at the end of the rainbow work-wise.

No, the job is rubbish. Pay is rubbish, conditions aren't great...hey, I work for the NHS.

Lots of uncertainties about the future of our service, i.e. it looks like large sections of our hospital are going to have to go to cut costs. Really fills you with confidence. We're not valued, work unsociable hours...

Does have some advantages in that there are times you think "Yeah, made a great contribution today" which sometimes happens. And when patients are obviously grateful. But if I was to start again I would definitely choose some other line of employment.

Guest MaloneFM

No Ronnie one does not hand over to oneself in the 'biz'.

One hands over to uncle Bruce Hockin and young Richard and if he's sober (rarely) sweaty Seymour.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

I'm a lorry driver & I hate my job. Long hours, I start at 5 in the morning, very average pay & its driving me mad. Does anyone want it? You can have it ,it yours.

I sometimes dread work, mondays expecially have me allmost in tears :crying:

I want to go traveling again, i spent 2 yrs 2001/2002 traveling around the world, god i miss it.

My job is pritty well paid, but i would rather get paid half the amount if i enjoyed it, oh well i try to remind myslef how fortunate i am compaired to some people i have met, and its true, so why am i not happy?

I'm saving, as soon as i've got 20k i'm off again, i need to see as much of the world now before it's too late or my British passport looses it's validity as 'go anywhere'

Guest oxfordutdhere

I love my job! I work in a garden centre and work with reptiles, aqautics and pets.... its great i get to handle great animals such as boa's, hognoses, meerkats, all types of lizards, and most the workers are cool too!

we also hav fun open nights, where we dress up for children in need as so on!

Its mad!!

Sorry Rog, just nipped out the back with 'ol Sherrie Eugene for a wee nip of the brown stuff.

Jobs eh? luv 'em been doing mine since 1693

Brucey & Sherrie on the smack! I'm shocked!!!!!!!!

I collect debts for a living so zero job satisfaction there, still it keeps the good lady in handbags & shoes so musn't grumble

Used to like it, hate it now, resigning tomorrow (I am serious!!)

same with me (not the resigning part, yet.) Used to like it, now starting to really hate it and whats going on with it, plus most there are not nice people.

Only one thing keeping me there, and that's one certain person.

Guest scrumpy dare

same with me (not the resigning part, yet.) Used to like it, now starting to really hate it and whats going on with it, plus most there are not nice people.

Only one thing keeping me there, and that's one certain person.

you perv! :disapointed2se::devil::D

Love my job (although I still moan about it) in the RAF.

Pros - Reasonable wage, free uniform, free medical and dental expenses, spent 3 years in Cyprus, free use of state of the art gyms and skiing expeditions.

Cons - Being sent to hell holes worldwide.

Still, I signed the dotted line and you do get a sense of pride.

Guest bristolbred

Work Sucks!

So you do empty the retention tanks of Adelantes!!, :chant6ez:

I'm in a love/hate relationship with my job!!

(love it now, as i'm at home getting paid £20 a hour as i type this!!).

Get to go all over the country, where as other's in my profession are more restricted to area/region.

Stay in nice hotels, great food.

Nearly every Sat/Sun off so i can visit City!!, and even midweek has it's advantage, as i was in London for the Barnet game!!

;):city::farmer:

I only got a part time job to earn some money for the weekend, and i enjoy it to some degree, as I'm trained in 5 different places and 2 of them are awful but other 3 arent too bad, also got a few mates working with me so its a laugh sometimes. Could be better money, it goes up in December by about 90p so that will be handy.

Archived