IGNORED

Players Arrested

Guest Dorito

Unsurprisingly this incident is front page news on the EPost today. They flesh out the story a little more. They say the players went for a meal and then to a well known footballers haunt on St. Nicks street (Liquid?). Anyway Parto was spotted with his drink on the dancefloor and a fight erupted which spilled out into the street. Police were alerted as they picked it up on their CC TV cameras. Parto was taken to hospital in a bad way and was believed to have been unconscious.

If this is correct then it would stronly <I>imply</I> that the players were fighting with the bouncers. In my experience this can be avoided and my guess is that the players got a little mouthy. EP also reveals that the players were not due in for training the following day. This does excuse the drinking <I>a little</I> in my eyes. However, I am in the camp that footballers are athletes and as such shoulc not be doing this sort of thing. It also stupid to go in town as they are prime targets.

PS - I'm going to stick up for AshtonYate. I don't agree with much that he says but he has come in for a lot of personal abuse which I don't think is warranted.

What all footballers should realise is that they are targets and can attract unwanted aggro from any number of sources.Going into a night club is very probably going to increase the liklihood of that happening.Blokes get lairly or jealous and trouble can sometimes erupt.

We don't know the details of events leading upto the problems of the other night but the bottom line is that the players shouldn't have been in there in the first place - end of.

Bouncers get paid very little, why? see above.

That statement is totally untrue. Door staff now have to undertake proper training from the local council in order to be able to work "on the door" of places such as nightclubs. They are also fully vetted. This has led to an increase in wages as it is now not possible for "any old joe" to become a "bouncer".

Hourly rates for staff are around £11 - I would hardly call that very little compared to some other jobs.

That statement is totally untrue. Door staff now have to undertake proper training from the local council in order to be able to work "on the door" of places such as nightclubs. They are also fully vetted. This has led to an increase in wages as it is now not possible for "any old joe" to become a "bouncer".

Hourly rates for staff are around £11 - I would hardly call that very little compared to some other jobs.

A bouncer that pops into my old place of work always used to say "horrible hours, fantastic pay". Maybe that was just him... Maybe he was lying... Well I wasn't go to disagree with him!

GWR have just said that one of the players was taken to hospital, believed to be partridge, with facial injuries. (Maybe he will be pressing charges on someone?). radio also stressing although arrested none have been charged.

It also seems GWR are reading this forum as they said the opinion on here is that they are right to be dropped but someone wondering why they were in town!

Your average Bouncer does not get paid £20 an hour, thats rubbish i'm afraid.

Becoming a bouncer is hardly a carear either is it? What do they do anyway apart from leech over teenage girls and throw their weight about?

I know there must be a few Bouncers who are ok, but the ones i've seen usually have an inflated opinion of themselves.

I stand by my comments that most bouncers are thick, standing at a door is hardly a challange, unless they get into a fight, which is exactly why they became a bouncer.

Yes they have training, but so do Pizza delivery staff, whats your point?

Ive done my fair share of work in London, have a door badge and got paid about £14 an hour.

I also have a degree - so I wouldnt class myself as thick.

It depends where you go with Bouncers, If you go somewhere where the bouncers represent the establishment - the bouncers are normally good guys. But if you go to some pie hole, you get idiotic bouncers.

Your average Bouncer does not get paid £20 an hour, thats rubbish i'm afraid.

Becoming a bouncer is hardly a carear either is it? What do they do anyway apart from leech over teenage girls and throw their weight about?

I know there must be a few Bouncers who are ok, but the ones i've seen usually have an inflated opinion of themselves.

I stand by my comments that most bouncers are thick, standing at a door is hardly a challange, unless they get into a fight, which is exactly why they became a bouncer.

Yes they have training, but so do Pizza delivery staff, whats your point?

good call we all got training in something they get trained in taking advantage of smaller people and people who are drunk. i aint saying i would like to get in a fight with a bouncer as they no more holds to stop you and such but give me a baseball bat and i think it will even it out. if you get a good first shot in make sure you get the second third fourth fifth in good too.

i hate cocky bouncers and if you had a good enough motive you would get them when they wernt working.

sorry am i sounding a bit crazy. didnt mean it just going from experiance. not nessarily me either

Rubbish.

I know a lot of the main bouncers who work in town, and most of them are very hard men, but to suggest that footballers are targeted and that these 3 could have been an innocent party is rubbish.

I ws in town one night and saw 4 City players, 3 of them still at the club in a right state, giving everybody all sorts of jip.

One of them got chucked out and kicked off with the bouncers and all hell broke loose.

I would be extremely surprised if the players were an innocent party in this.

You know whats hilarious....................most male athletes, footballers, tennis players, even rugby players, cant fight. Boxing is a different science, timing, leverage, hand speed, and a hard head helps.

You regularly read about sportsmen adopting an agressive posture, and mouthing off, who are they kidding ?

They may be fit for say football , basketball or tennis, but as for fighting they are mostly way out of their depth, and mostly pretty lightweight .

You know whats hilarious....................most male athletes, footballers, tennis players, even rugby players, cant fight. Boxing is a different science, timing, leverage, hand speed, and a hard head helps.

You regularly read about sportsmen adopting an agressive posture, and mouthing off, who are they kidding ?

They may be fit for say football , basketball or tennis, but as for fighting they are mostly way out of their depth, and mostly pretty lightweight .

Scott Brown went to boxing training while at Everton,as did a certain Wayne Rooney.Both physical players and now both getting headlines for right and wrong reasons.

Maybe we should blame Everton.

Guest walshy shuffle

Scott Brown went to boxing training while at Everton,as did a certain Wayne Rooney.Both physical players and now both getting headlines for right and wrong reasons.

Maybe we should blame Everton.

Blame everton!!! the only person to blame is the players..the buck stops there.they make there own decisions.

Unsurprisingly this incident is front page news on the EPost today. They flesh out the story a little more. They say the players went for a meal and then to a well known footballers haunt on St. Nicks street (Liquid?). Anyway Parto was spotted with his drink on the dancefloor and a fight erupted which spilled out into the street. Police were alerted as they picked it up on their CC TV cameras. Parto was taken to hospital in a bad way and was believed to have been unconscious.

If this is correct then it would stronly <I>imply</I> that the players were fighting with the bouncers. In my experience this can be avoided and my guess is that the players got a little mouthy. EP also reveals that the players were not due in for training the following day. This does excuse the drinking <I>a little</I> in my eyes. However, I am in the camp that footballers are athletes and as such shoulc not be doing this sort of thing. It also stupid to go in town as they are prime targets.

PS - I'm going to stick up for AshtonYate. I don't agree with much that he says but he has come in for a lot of personal abuse which I don't think is warranted.

lets just say door staff did not help matters ;)

Archived