IGNORED

It's Been Coming For Months

Guest Neo

I know the responses I am going to get before I carry on, but, hey, it has got to be said.

A majority of fans know this drinking culture has been in the club for years.

It has been posted on here numerous times and no doubt, been read by officials; probably 2 minutes before deleting.

There is the problem for me. This has been swept under the carpet by this club and its officials.

The (alledged*) incident last month; bans on here for mentioning; nothing from the club.

* - yeah right!

We have had players in the club hammered the night before games. Posts on here removed, player starts the game.

I know we have no idea what truly happens behind the scenes, but, incidents have been treated as if posters etc. are the guilty parties (by removing/banning them for daring to tell the truth) and players acting completely irresponsibly have gone unpunished from what I can see (i.e. allowed to play).

If the players were released without charges, would the club have released any statement? Would our officials have allowed the press to go to print and co-operated with the facts? Doubtful!

Would Scott Brown, Bradley Orr and Dave Partridge be now preparing to start tomorrow's game? Hard to answer. I'm reasonably sure they may have been in the squad with fines (we would never know about), being deemed a sensible punishment.

If I had posted on this forum on Wednesday what I was told by a very reliable and proved accurate source, would my post have been deleted and another ban for me? Definitely!

Guest dogwood

I know the responses I am going to get before I carry on, but, hey, it has got to be said.

It has been posted on here numerous times and no doubt, been read by officials; probably 2 minutes before deleting.

There is the problem for me. This has been swept under the carpet by this club and its officials.

The (alledged*) incident last month; bans on here for mentioning; nothing from the club.

* - yeah right!

We have had players in the club hammered the night before games. Posts on here removed, player starts the game.

I know we have no idea what truly happens behind the scenes, but, incidents have been treated as if posters etc. are the guilty parties (by removing/banning them for daring to tell the truth) and players acting completely irresponsibly have gone unpunished from what I can see (i.e. allowed to play).

If the players were released without charges, would the club have released any statement? Would our officials have allowed the press to go to print and co-operated with the facts? Doubtful!

Would Scott Brown, Bradley Orr and Dave Partridge be now preparing to start tomorrow's game? Hard to answer. I'm reasonably sure they may have been in the squad with fines (we would never know about), being deemed a sensible punishment.

If I had posted on this forum on Wednesday what I was told by a very reliable and proved accurate source, would my post have been deleted and another ban for me? Definitely!

wel said mate , the whole club is now becoming a SERIOUS joke in football , and nothing is being done, I'm beginning to feel sorry for gary johnson already , taking over the bristol city (sod the football ) cider gliders .

I can't see how any club officials can be blamed for this incident other than the three players involved.

As for 'it's been coming for months', it's already been happening for months...I make that 6 Bristol City players arrested in the past 18 months.

Shocked by the names involved, other than Orr (removed by moderators)

The irony that all three players were signed by Tinnion is golden considering his pledge at the time to root out all the trouble-makers.

I can't see how any club officials can be blamed for this incident other than the three players involved.

The reason I think they should shoulder the blame is that incidents have happened far too often.

Surely a crack-down from the top had to come months ago.

You know things are happening (6 seems about right btw), I know, the officials of this club know.

It shouldn't have taken an issue where the club cannot stop it going public to have stamped this out and make all the right noises. The horse has now slowed down through sheer exhaustion.

Certain players should have been gone a long time ago.

Put it this way good sir, are you surprised by this? If not, then it shows there was an issue to resolve before it came to this surely?

Completely agree, I think it is only the arrests that prompted the club statement. If fairness to Johnson though this is the first incident I know of under his regime, so maybe he will be able to sort it out where others have failed.

Maybe Johnson has decided that a different line has to be taken on this type of incident. If what people are saying is true, that this incident isn't the first of is kind at the club, then possibly Gary has said that enough is enough, and that it can be ignored no longer.

* - yeah right!

The truth is sometimes highly uncomfortable. We all know this club has done it's best with it's "don't mention the war" policy. Honest, openess with the fans is well overdue.

Guest dogwood

Maybe Johnson has decided that a different line has to be taken on this type of incident. If what people are saying is true, that this incident isn't the first of is kind at the club, then possibly Gary has said that enough is enough, and that it can be ignored no longer.

i SO hope you are right mate ,

Someone did post it Neo Wednesday morning, as soon as i posted asking for more details it had gone.

So instantly i knew it was true! :rofl2br:

Both NEO and I served a 2 week ban from this forum for posting a picture related to Tinman's departure and the BCFC players part in his downfall with their 1-7 drubbing at Swansea. This club is becoming a joke and Gary Johnson should be allowed every draconian measure to sort out the errant players.

Guest dogwood

Both NEO and I served a 2 week ban from this forum for posting a picture related to Tinman's departure and the BCFC players part in his downfall with their 1-7 drubbing at Swansea. This club is becoming a joke and Gary Johnson should be allowed every draconian measure to sort out the errant players.

100% spot on mate, bristol city IS a big JOKE in football now, the (Am I naughty or what!) heads from cider country as we are known in some places now , NOT as a football team , just a bunch of drunks, ( whether the 3 on wednesday were driniking or not ) , it,s happened before, just HOPE gary is true to his word and reputation, before we sink to div 2 . :grr: :@

Well said Neo. It has been going on undetected or unpunished, as far as we know, for too long. We may or may not be better or worse than other clubs until now, but there is no choice for the club but to address the situation after recent events.

I'm sad it has happened but it has and attitudes must be changed. It would be great if lessons can be learnt from this by all, players, fans and club alike.

I'm wondering if our attitudes would be different if it had been a less popular group of players involved?

Utter tosh.

How many people post on this forum about their drinking prowess or bangingonr about how wonderful cider is.

Just look see how many have alcohol related user names, avatars or signatures. A lot of the same people are now having a go at the players. Hypocritical or what?

But I don't profess to be a Professional Athlete.

I agree with your last 3 paragraphs, but not the first two.

There will be people on here who smoke heavily. By your argument does that mean they can't disagree with footballers doing it?

Some will get drunk on a Friday after work. Does that mean they can have no complaints if they see a Bristol City footballer doing the same?

I'd say they have as much right as the next person to say it isn't acceptable from a professional athlete.

Personally I would say that smoking is more likely to be detrimental to a players fitness than drinking.

As soon as I finish typing this I'm off for a pint but I'm not playing tomorriw. I would be horrified if I saw a City player in the pub tonight. This incident did not happen the night before a game and as I understand it the players had a day off the next day. There is a difference.

The truth is there are drinking cultures at many clubs in all the leagues.

Its upto the managers of those clubs to instill a sense of proffessionalism in the players along with a sense of responsibilty.

City haven't had a manager in recent times that has instilled that type of discipline.Johnson has inherited a drinking culture and virtually said as much when he took over.With the fracas the other night has highlighted the problem.I'm confident that Johnson will deal with the problem quickly and appropriately.

That said, most players are young(ish) guys and like a night out and so getting a balance between going out but not going over the top is essential but in some cases not always possible.Not everyone can drink sensibly and keep it at one or two and its these guys that should seriously consider not drinking alcohol at all.

The truth is there are drinking cultures at many clubs in all the leagues.

Its upto the managers of those clubs to instill a sense of proffessionalism in the players along with a sense of responsibilty.

City haven't had a manager in recent times that has instilled that type of discipline.Johnson has inherited a drinking culture and virtually said as much when he took over.With the fracas the other night has highlighted the problem.I'm confident that Johnson will deal with the problem quickly and appropriately.

That said, most players are young(ish) guys and like a night out and so getting a balance between going out but not going over the top is essential but in some cases not always possible.Not everyone can drink sensibly and keep it at one or two and its these guys that should seriously consider not drinking alcohol at all.

I agree the Manager should get involved and should be the catalyst.

But, what if Johnson nips it in the bud and then buggers off when a big club comes calling?

Does that mean it is down to the new Manager only? Of course not! It's up to the club to keep those important values and discipline going.

So, you still have to come back and ask, why so late? That question has to be to the officials that have allowed this to go on and sweep incidents in to the "recycle bin" when posters etc. have drawn attention to it!

They should have been up Danny and then Tin's butt to get this sorted. They obviously haven't been. So any argument ultimately comes back to partial blame lies with the club officials and they have to accept that and act appropriately in the future.

well if you look at my posts i do not ever say i know what went on the other night. that is NOT the point , your posts seem to suggest your the one that knows, everything. your points regarding fitness and drinking are to say the least pointless. everything in life can be taken to extremes and a point proved . I take fitness/health seriously , thats my job if thats ok with you . My point ,and hope you can get it this time, Is , fitness and alcohol DO NOT go together . it has an affect on the metabolism what ever your age , and affects, performance .try drinking and weight training and see waht happens, . also . my point is not regarding the other night , but a continuous stream of stories/facts about bristol city players being arrested (not charged ) or being in situations like the other night , WHY do they have to do it, ?? why 6 players (QUOTE) arrested over recent times , ? my comment s are not sanctimonious, there seem,s to be a drink culture at the club , and whatever theorys, you come up with , it does not help fitness levels, or performance . gary johnson has stated the players are not fit enough , you never know , he may know best . , i would think thats likely .

i take it you see nothing wrong with the fact that bristol city is in the basement of div 1 ? and evryone is trying to re -build, yet within 3 weeks of becoming manager , gary johnson has had to have crisis meetings to draft in loan players to cover for these idiots, ?oh yes a great start , just what he needed , i,m sure

I am not condoning the players behaviour in any way shape or form. What I do object to is the way people are reacting to an incident before they are in full posession of all of the relevant facts.

I seem to recall we had a ceratin Polish international on our books a few years ago who is a popular choice when it comes to fans naming their favourite City player of all time. Didn't he enjoy more than the odd night on the lash? How many times over recent years have people said we should try to sign Gazza? It was only a few weeks ago that someone seriously suggested he should even be our manager.

There may be a drink culture at the club but it is endemic within the game as a whole and not just centred areound City. Yes it is wrong that 6 players have been arrested (as far as I know only one has been charged) and that is 6 too many. I sincerely hope that the manager sorts it out but it won't happen overnight but this may be just the wake up call some players need. What I ask is that we let the club deal with the situation in which ever way they see fit without the over reaction this has caused.

well if you look at my posts i do not ever say i know what went on the other night. that is NOT the point , your posts seem to suggest your the one that knows, everything. your points regarding fitness and drinking are to say the least pointless. everything in life can be taken to extremes and a point proved . I take fitness/health seriously , thats my job if thats ok with you . My point ,and hope you can get it this time, Is , fitness and alcohol DO NOT go together . it has an affect on the metabolism what ever your age , and affects, performance .try drinking and weight training and see waht happens, . also . my point is not regarding the other night , but a continuous stream of stories/facts about bristol city players being arrested (not charged ) or being in situations like the other night , WHY do they have to do it, ?? why 6 players (QUOTE) arrested over recent times , ? my comment s are not sanctimonious, there seem,s to be a drink culture at the club , and whatever theorys, you come up with , it does not help fitness levels, or performance . gary johnson has stated the players are not fit enough , you never know , he may know best . , i would think thats likely .

i take it you see nothing wrong with the fact that bristol city is in the basement of div 1 ? and evryone is trying to re -build, yet within 3 weeks of becoming manager , gary johnson has had to have crisis meetings to draft in loan players to cover for these idiots, ?oh yes a great start , just what he needed , i,m sure

This is not a dig, but your posts would be easier to read if you used punctuation and split them in to paragraphs.

I am not condoning the players behaviour in any way shape or form. What I do object to is the way people are over reacting to an incident before they are in full posession of all of the relevant facts.

I seem to recall we had a certain Polish international on our books a few years ago who is a popular choice when it comes to fans naming their favourite City player of all time. Didn't he enjoy more than the odd night on the lash? How many times over recent years have people said we should try to sign Gazza? It was only a few weeks ago that someone seriously suggested he should even be our manager.

There may be a drink culture at the club but it is endemic within the game as a whole and not just centred areound City as you seem to think. Yes it is wrong that 6 players have been arrested (as far as I know only one has been charged) and that is 6 too many.

I sincerely hope that the manager sorts it out but it won't happen overnight. However, this may be just the wake up call some players need. What I ask is that we let the club deal with the situation in which ever way they see fit without the over reaction this has caused.

After reading the article in the EP tonight it would appear the players involved were the instigators.

In my opinion, if that turns out to be true, they should have been sacked and their contracts terminated for gross misconduct.

They might well be 'young lads' looking for a night out like 'any other youngster', but the fact is that - like it or not - they are, at least locally, public figures and whenever they appear in public they represent the club.

For this so-called 'burden' they are paid handsomely.

It is not a lot to ask that public figures, who will inevitably be associated with the organisation that employs them, behave responsibly in public. Nobody is denying them a drink or a 'night on the town', but at the first hint of trouble they should be turning the other cheek and slipping quietly away.

If the EP article is true their behaviour, in my opinion, is tantamount to gross misconduct and the club should've made an example of them.

After reading the article in the EP tonight it would appear the players involved were the instigators.

In my opinion, if that turns out to be true, they should have been sacked and their contracts terminated for gross misconduct.

They might well be 'young lads' looking for a night out like 'any other youngster', but the fact is that - like it or not - they are, at least locally, public figures and whenever they appear in public they represent the club.

For this so-called 'burden' they are paid handsomely.

It is not a lot to ask that public figures, who will inevitably be associated with the organisation that employs them, behave responsibly in public. Nobody is denying them a drink or a 'night on the town', but at the first hint of trouble they should be turning the other cheek and slipping quietly away.

If the EP article is true their behaviour, in my opinion, is tantamount to gross misconduct and the club should've made an example of them.

After reading extracts from various Bristol Evening Post articles and the eye witness statements contained within them about the incident and if proved true, the players involved will be very very lucky indeed not to be sacked for gross misconduct. As we well know, it's not the first time that BCFC players have been involved in this kind of incident while out on the town, the line must be drawn. Discipline must be restored.

* - yeah right!

Too right mate....... On a secondary line how many times has it been mentioned that your signature picture seems to have a perspective which indicates that the big tube might not fit into the little package/box

Or was that the implication that a bit of lube might help?

Too right mate....... On a secondary line how many times has it been mentioned that your signature picture seems to have a perspective which indicates that the big tube might not fit into the little package/box

Or was that the implication that a bit of lube might help?

The picture was sent to me as a contender for advert of the year.

Yes, the implication is that a dollop of lube will help you get in the box! :whistle::o

Archived