IGNORED

Do They Care?

SimplyRed

Without going into the rights and wrongs of this week's incident, one wonders whether these players actually realise what damage they have done to the club in terms of

• bad publicity
  • team confidence erosion due to the loss of three 1st-team players
  • revision of game plan to accommodate the unavailability of the players in question
  • financial cost of bringing in a loan player as cover
  • loss of more paying customers due to the club's dwindling reputation
...not to mention the possible court proceedings that may follow and the damage to their own careers.

If you ask me, they were VERY lucky to get away with being fined 2 weeks wages, dropped from the team and given a final warning - they should've been sacked on the spot once the facts became known.

Now, however, since they have been reprieved the ignominy of being cast out, are they relieved? thankful? showing any signs of remorse?

They should be, and a public apology by them in the program, or on World, to the club and the fans wouldn't go amiss.

If we should lose the Tranmere game, I think I can guess who would be on the receiving end of the fans' wrath.

Guest DrFaustus

....and breathe.

Some of your players behaved in a 'naughty' way? That's unusual for football clubs these days? No. Yer man Midget Johnson will sort them out, he doesn't like boozers.

You'll still finish 7th.

Whilst I agree with some of your comments I feel that you cannot justify sacking the players until the outcome is known.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

At present we are only aware of sketchy details & everyone is assuming various storylines.

Yes they have let the club down & GJ was right to fine them the maximum amount possible & although detrimental to the team, right to drop them, I doubt Partridge would have played anyway due to his state if we believe the info provided by some reports.

To actually sack them I feel that this would be a step too far.

As reported yesterday in some sections of the media this incident has played into GJ's hands in that he has been able to stamp his authority early on in his career at BCFC & all other players are now aware that he will not tolerate this type of behaviour.

Oh my God :grr::grr::grr:

Did you not read the official club statement, bits and pieces of the press??? They are no innocent, far from it. They were in serious breech of club disapline and also the law hence that they were arrested!!!!

They have let themselves, us and everyone associated with Bristol City down very badly and it's going to take alot for them to get themselves back in the good books.

If nothing else comes of the law side of the situation, i feel the club have dealt with it severely enough to say that they are indeed far from innocent...

No matter who the manager was at City they would have to respond to this weeks difficuties in the same way Johnson has. No-on can condone or defend the action of Partridge,Brown and Orr.

Reacting to any situation is one thing - its stopping it happening again that matters just as much and hopefully thats where Johnson will prove to be more determined than his predecessors.

As for "do they really care" - well, who knows?

All three will eventually be instructed to make public apologies but know one will know how much sincerity will lie behind their words.The fines they recieved will hurt briefly but they pick up enough for the loss of two weeks wages not to be such a big deal as it would for an ordinary worker.Not playing will also hurt for a while especially if the team start winning without them and they find it hard to get back in.

The pubilc humiliation will also eventually fade and in a few weeks time this event will be largely forgotten.

That will be proven if and when the case comes to court.

What there is no doubt that they are guilty of are the points I raised above. It is on that basis alone I say they should have been sacked.

The fact is, as Robbored says, in a few weeks time the punishment they have received will be largely forgotten.

I'm sure Johnson will keep reminding them, but, had they been sacked, it would have been a constant reminder to them that they were in a privileged position that few people get to achieve and blew it in a moment of alcohol-driven hotheadedness.

No they don't care. It seems that all the modern "professional footballer" does care about is filthy lucre and having a good time (at our expense).

Does anyone not see the fact of our players out on the lash in the small hours as two fingers up to Gary Johnson's pertinent comments about "social players" and "athletes", and the increased training load of the previous week? ... this is essentially the same squad of players who got Tinnion the sack for confronting the cosy club remember and I can only wish the new management the strength to see it through.

I am sick of supporting losers.

Without going into the rights and wrongs of this week's incident, one wonders whether these players actually realise what damage they have done to the club in terms of

bad publicity

team confidence erosion due to the loss of three 1st-team players

revision of game plan to accommodate the unavailability of the players in question

financial cost of bringing in a loan player as cover

loss of more paying customers due to the club's dwindling reputation

...not to mention the possible court proceedings that may follow and the damage to their own careers.

If you ask me, they were VERY lucky to get away with being fined 2 weeks wages, dropped from the team and given a final warning - they should've been sacked on the spot once the facts became known.

Now, however, since they have been reprieved the ignominy of being cast out, are they relieved? thankful? showing any signs of remorse?

They should be, and a public apology by them in the program, or on World, to the club and the fans wouldn't go amiss.

If we should lose the Tranmere game, I think I can guess who would be on the receiving end of the fans' wrath.

Mate..

Yes they went out and things happened.. but don't you think sacking is abit over the top?

These are good players.. Scotty Brown is the up and coming midfielder for city along with skuse..

Some people take this thing wayyyyyyyyyyyy over the top

Mate..

Yes they went out and things happened.. but don't you think sacking is abit over the top?

These are good players.. Scotty Brown is the up and coming midfielder for city along with skuse..

Some people take this thing wayyyyyyyyyyyy over the top

Well obviously the club thinks the same as you and has given them the benefit of the doubt.

As for them being good players - that may be so but no player is bigger than the club and the club will be here long after they've gone.

I just hope it doesn't come back and bite the club on the backside.

I stand by my opinion.

No they don't care. It seems that all the modern "professional footballer" does care about is filthy lucre and having a good time (at our expense).

Does anyone not see the fact of our players out on the lash in the small hours as two fingers up to Gary Johnson's pertinent comments about "social players" and "athletes", and the increased training load of the previous week? ... this is essentially the same squad of players who got Tinnion the sack for confronting the cosy club remember and I can only wish the new management the strength to see it through.

I am sick of supporting losers.

I couldn't agree more. Tinnion got rid of plenty of the drinkers at this club but the players he brought in seem to have picked up the baton.

Player power can go screw itself as far as I'm concerned. If this is how they behave when a new disciplinarian manger comes in, then what hope is there? If Johnson wants to sack them then he has my full support.

the club will be here long after they've gone.

Ok, lets look at this situation. On Thursday we woke up to the news that Orr, Partridge and Brown had been sacked.

The club would be faced with the permanent loss of three first teamers. We would have written off the transfer fees paid for Partridge, an up-coming Welsh international and Orr.

We would then need to pay out more in transfers to replace these players, and let's not forget, we would not be able to do this until January.

This would have seriously affected our performances on the pitch, at least until January.

All of the above is what WOULD have happened if we'd sacked them. From here on, it's speculation.

We COULD have been left with a situation where all of the players revolted against Johnson for sacking the players, or could have been left with divisions in the squad. This could have affected the player's ability to perform on the pitch, and may have even led to players requesting transfers.

Even if the players revolt didn't occur, we would be counting ourselves extremely lucky to be in with a shot of promotion, or even being mid-table come January.

The worst-case scenario could have left us with a players revolt, and poor performing team, dwindling crowds and possibly relegation.

Yes the boys were idiots, yes they deserve a big fine, but the consequences of sacking three first teamers could have been far worse and led the club towards a potential meltdown.

In my opinion, Johnson and the club have acted responsibly and in the best interests of the club.

Guest MaloneFM

Yes the boys were idiots, yes they deserve a big fine.

Vote in the MaloneFM online poll and we will deceide where the money will go. Punch up? Then cough up!

The charity with the most votes will be the one we request the money goes to.

Archived