IGNORED

Murray

Guest C.D

I felt sorry for Scott today. He sems to be a litle short on confidence. Quite often during the game Stewart driffted right, and sometimes extreme right, leaving Scott either short off space or totally confused about who should be going for the ball. often neither chased, sometimes both chased. Something I think needs to be worked out on the trainning ground!

Stop slagging off Murray, as with other players it seems we like to ' have a go' at certain players and then they can do nothing right, Murray was OK today, not great but OK , couple of decent runs worked hard, when he's poor fine , but not just for the sake of it, seems we have to have villians or heroes, like the fact Skuse can do no wrong at present although he been poor in several games, and very average today, doesn't track players, leaves us exposed.

In all fairness, Murray was poor today. I would really like him to do well, but i think he is past it. He is not as quick as he used to be and gives the ball away far too much. I think that his decision-making is also pretty rubbish. I feel that he should he should have passed to Cotterill.

No he didn't, ball broke lose, Murray was half way in our half and they had all pushed up for attack. I'm not having a go, i'm stating what we all see. No doubt we all still compare him to the murray of that season, but he is not beating players more than 20% of time and that is is his job. Cotteril may well not have passed, but currently you'd have to, have to, prefer SC to SM on the right.

I'd love nothing more than Murray to suddendly ignite, but pace is one thing you struggle to regain with age.

Good servant of the club, given us lots of excellent memories, but I feel there are younger, more skillful legs which will see him drop away this season.

Who is SC?

It would only have been excusable for Murray not to pass if he'd scored.

If it had been the other way round i'm sure Cotterill would have passed, it was the obvious choice to take with a goal far more likely.

Dreadfully greedy decision by such an experienced pro.

It would only have been excusable for Murray not to pass if he'd scored.

If it had been the other way round i'm sure Cotterill would have passed, it was the obvious choice to take with a goal far more likely.

Dreadfully greedy decision by such an experienced pro.

Cotteril wouldn't have passed it! He is probably the worst in the team for hogging it.

Stop slagging off Murray, as with other players it seems we like to ' have a go' at certain players and then they can do nothing right, Murray was OK today, not great but OK , couple of decent runs worked hard, when he's poor fine , but not just for the sake of it, seems we have to have villians or heroes, like the fact Skuse can do no wrong at present although he been poor in several games, and very average today, doesn't track players, leaves us exposed.

I hardly think pointing out the obvious is slagging him off.

The simple fact is, he ain't the same player he was and unfortunately appears to be loosing it now. It happens to all of us in whatever we do.

Again, as with Tinnion, Fortune and occasionally some others, no one is bashing them personally, just stating what they see on the pitch. You might think he's still great, fair enough, i don't, simple.

If he finds form again then great. But at present (and for a while now) he hasn't really been any good.

The same with Fortune, he played okay Saturday, and if this signals a revival of form then great! But the fact is that this season until Saturday he's looked rubbish. Simple.

Cotteril wouldn't have passed it! He is probably the worst in the team for hogging it.

As i said, i'm sure Cotterill would have passed.

He's a young player who would definitely have felt obliged to pass a senior player in a better position.

As for "hogging it", i'll take that to mean that he is the best player in our team for running past opposition players. Personally i like to see City players running through our opponents and at the moment he's probably the best we've got.

Whether any of the rest his slovenly team mates have managed to keep up with him when the time comes to pass it is another matter.

I haven't got any time for City fans who knock Cotterill.

Exactly what i was going to say. No chance Cotteril would have passed it, Knowing Cotteril he would have blasted it over 10 yards over cross bar. A finisher he is not.

A finisher he most definitely is, don't forget he is playing out of position for the team by filling in on the wing.

That superb goal at Swansea shows what he is capable of.

Like many others i'd like to see him playing in his preferred position as a striker.

Meanwhile i won't expect miracles, or lots of goals, from him playing as a winger any more than i would have done from Lita.

As i said, i'm sure Cotterill would have passed.

He's a young player who would definitely have felt obliged to pass a senior player in a better position.

As for "hogging it", i'll take that to mean that he is the best player in our team for running past opposition players. Personally i like to see City players running through our opponents and at the moment he's probably the best we've got.

Whether any of the rest his slovenly team mates have managed to keep up with him when the time comes to pass it is another matter.

I haven't got any time for City fans who knock Cotterill.

A finisher he most definitely is, don't forget he is playing out of position for the team by filling in on the wing.

That superb goal at Swansea shows what he is capable of.

Like many others i'd like to see him playing in his preferred position as a striker.

Meanwhile i won't expect miracles, or lots of goals, from him playing as a winger any more than i would have done from Lita.

Yes, some 'interesting points' here. What makes you think he would have passed it when Murray didn't. Murray passes it alot more than Cotteril. I don't mind Cotteril taking on players because he is fast and sometimes beats them. He will learn to pass more I've no doubt. I think he is an ok finisher but not the best in the team. He was playing out of position and did OK, nothing more. I'm not knocking Cotteril, he is a promising talent. BUT he can always improve himself, and nearly even fan can see that he is not great at crossing yet and needs to pass more. I think your point about his prefered position is irrelevant because if he wants to play on the team, it has to be on the right wing at the moment (or sometimes the left). This requires decent crosses and good passing which he is not quite there with yet. I like Cotteril and would definately have him in the team, so don't see the point in 'knocking' (even though he probably doesn't waste his time reading the forum), it's constructive criticism.

Yes, some 'interesting points' here. What makes you think he would have passed it when Murray didn't. Murray passes it alot more than Cotteril. I don't mind Cotteril taking on players because he is fast and sometimes beats them. He will learn to pass more I've no doubt. I think he is an ok finisher but not the best in the team. He was playing out of position and did OK, nothing more. I'm not knocking Cotteril, he is a promising talent. BUT he can always improve himself, and nearly even fan can see that he is not great at crossing yet and needs to pass more. I think your point about his prefered position is irrelevant because if he wants to play on the team, it has to be on the right wing at the moment (or sometimes the left). This requires decent crosses and good passing which he is not quite there with yet. I like Cotteril and would definately have him in the team, so don't see the point in 'knocking' (even though he probably doesn't waste his time reading the forum), it's constructive criticism.

Alex, you don't half go on.

I said why i thought he'd have passed it. Murray passes it alot more than Cotterill, generally, because unfortunately he no longer has the pace to actually go past his opponents. I wish Murray would pass it less!

I didn't say he was the best finisher in the Club.

Nor did i say he was great at crossing. After all he's not a winger.

It's obviously NOT irrelevant that he's not playing in his preferred position.

Alex, you don't half go on.

I said why i thought he'd have passed it. Murray passes it alot more than Cotterill, generally, because unfortunately he no longer has the pace to actually go past his opponents. I wish Murray would pass it less!

I didn't say he was the best finisher in the Club.

Nor did i say he was great at crossing. After all he's not a winger.

It's obviously NOT irrelevant that he's not playing in his preferred position.

Yeah OK, fair points BUT that point was irrelevant because if he wants to be playing in the 1st team he has to be good on the wing because it is the only position he is likely to play in this season. I don't go on either!

or Roberts...

I've never met a City fan who knocked Roberts.

I gather there were a few, guess they must have kept a low profile when i was around.

You're right though, i've got no time for them.

Yeah OK, fair points BUT that point was irrelevant because if he wants to be playing in the 1st team he has to be good on the wing because it is the only position he is likely to play in this season. I don't go on either!

Alex, he's being asked to play in that position because GJ feels he is our best option at present.

It's called being willing to play out of position because the manager feels it's best for the team.

He's hardly going to refuse, is he, even if it doesn't show him up in his best light.

And i'm sorry Alex, but you definitely do go on a bit ..... sometimes. :razz:

I've never met a City fan who knocked Roberts.

I gather there were a few, guess they must have kept a low profile when i was around.

You're right though, i've got no time for them.

Alex, he's being asked to play in that position because GJ feels he is our best option at present.

It's called being willing to play out of position because the manager feels it's best for the team.

He's hardly going to refuse, is he, even if it doesn't show him up in his best light.

And i'm sorry Alex, but you definitely do go on a bit ..... sometimes. :razz:

And you go about Roberts! I've met loads of people who don't rate him- City and Swindon fans. He is our best option on the wing and while he is there he can improve his game as he may be there for some time.

And you go about Roberts! I've met loads of people who don't rate him- City and Swindon fans. He is our best option on the wing and while he is there he can improve his game as he may be there for some time.

No, Alex, i only respond to nonsense written about Roberts. Briefly too.

I don't think Cotterill or Murray will be on the right wing much longer; i'll be amazed if GJ doesn't make new wide players on both sides a prority.

That's probably enough on this one Alex, there's no need to go on.... and on. :doh:

No, Alex, i only respond to nonsense written about Roberts. Briefly too.

I don't think Cotterill or Murray will be on the right wing much longer; i'll be amazed if GJ doesn't make new wide players on both sides a prority.

That's probably enough on this one Alex, there's no need to go on.... and on. :doh:

yawn

Archived