IGNORED

Why Are We Winning ?

andy g

I'm pretty sure that with the performance we put in today we'd have lost this game under tinnion. But, despite an average display from the players, we picked up three points. And we just keep on winning !

Why ?

Johnson has emphasised the need for greater concentration, greater fitness and greater commitment. But is that all there is to it ?

Can anyone put their finger on this midas touch he seems to have at the moment ?

Johnson's success is straight forward top quality management.

If you look at his comments about players he focuses on specifics; Cotteril - end result not good enough at present, Skuse - needs to play more balls forward, influence game more etc.

He manages each of the players differently, which is common sense but not common practice and by objectives. For each player these will be different.

Therefore each player will understand what specifically is expected of them and that makes it easier to achieve.

As a result of this each player has confidence on the pitch as to what is expected of him and how to achieve it. Even when things aren't going right, this extra confidence and assurance gets results.

The fundamental change for me is how now each player is taking responsibilty for their performance and we are starting to see a team out there, not a collection of individuals.

We still have a long long way to go but there are glimpses of what we can expect in the future.

If you look at his comments about players he focuses on specifics; Cotteril - end result not good enough at present, Skuse - needs to play more balls forward, influence game more etc.

He manages each of the players differently, which is common sense but not common practice and by objectives. For each player these will be different.

Therefore each player will understand what specifically is expected of them and that makes it easier to achieve.

As a result of this each player has confidence on the pitch as to what is expected of him and how to achieve it. Even when things aren't going right, this extra confidence and assurance gets results.

The fundamental change for me is how now each player is taking responsibilty for their performance and we are starting to see a team out there, not a collection of individuals.

We still have a long long way to go but there are glimpses of what we can expect in the future.

Good shout from Portisheadred, indeed Gary Johnson is a top class manager and that fact is becoming very apparent. It couldn't of been easy for him having to deal with the 3 subversive idiots and the media attention they have attracted to the club with their antics during the week. Even with having to drop the 3 idiots Gary Johnson has been able to rearrange his depleted side to beat a tough looking Tranmere side.

Well done Gary Johnson !!!!!

I'm pretty sure that with the performance we put in today we'd have lost this game under tinnion. But, despite an average display from the players, we picked up three points. And we just keep on winning !

Why ?

Johnson has emphasised the need for greater concentration, greater fitness and greater commitment. But is that all there is to it ?

Can anyone put their finger on this midas touch he seems to have at the moment ?

We won the corresponding fixture 4-0 last season under Tinnion. I'm surprised nobody has posted saying we're going backwards. :whistle:

Of course they are. By proving they can mix it with the hardest bouncers in Bristol!! I'd hate to know what will happen when they've finally lost all respect for him.

I'm not sure that the trouble is over with even now, heard a story that the Police are looking at video tapes taken in the nightclub that may identify a fourth BCFC player. I just hope this isn't true - what a bloody shambles for the new manager to sort out !!!!! :(

We won the corresponding fixture 4-0 last season under Tinnion. I'm surprised nobody has posted saying we're going backwards. :whistle:

Just what I was thinking - and we beat them away - something I can't see happening this season

Don't get me wrong, GJ is the right man for the job. I just don't believe we have enough quality players to compete with the likes of Hudersfield etc this season

Just what I was thinking - and we beat them away - something I can't see happening this season

Don't get me wrong, GJ is the right man for the job. I just don't believe we have enough quality players to compete with the likes of Hudersfield etc this season

And who assembled this squad with not enough quality players in it? It wasn't Gary Johnson.

Spot on Porthiseadred, I often felt at Yeovil we were a bit predictable as we saw patterns emerge, but it didn't seem to matter, some teams were able to stop us but not many. Players will understand what they have to do and it seems to work within an attractive style of play.

Archived