IGNORED

Anyone Else Notice?

Robbored

did indeed thought he had a solid game. Bridges looked bright when he came on but does not put the opposition defence under the same pressure that Stewart does and that seemed to contribute to us being on the back foot toward the end. That said he created a v good opportunity for Skuse. Overall 3 points important but with two new guys in defence and a remodelled midfield i thought we did well

"Hoofer" Carey - only one punt up the pitch all game, and guess what? It came straight back....Still, a vast improvement on his last few games.

Obviously, he's listened to Johnson, or maybe he reads the forum.

Oh , so now he reads ! Now thats a stretch Robbo..........a real stretch

• Admin

"Hoofer" Carey - only one punt up the pitch all game, and guess what? It came straight back....Still, a vast improvement on his last few games.

Obviously, he's listened to Johnson, or maybe he reads the forum.

Unfortunately I think you may have missed a few "punts" through the course of the game.

I was particularly interested in whether Carey would could continue to use the "head down, dink it long" method of passing under Johnson and I'm afraid to say having closely watched him all game, Sir Chipalot didn't disappoint :(

An improvement by Carey certainly but I think you may have missed a few more "punts". I'd still pick Orr if only to show Carey his place is under competition.

In Carey's defence though the punts increased towards the end because Murray absolutely disappeared! I've just checked and no Murray wasn't substituted but the fact that I had to check....

• Admin

In Carey's defence though the punts increased towards the end because Murray absolutely disappeared! I've just checked and no Murray wasn't substituted but the fact that I had to check....

Does Carey have a massive blind spot to his left then?

I was under the impression that even without Murray ahead of him, there is a fairly sizeable area of the pitch to his left containing 9 other City players, many of which within simple passing range :dance:

Gotta say actually that I was amazed at how much carey stood out for his hoofing against Tranmere as normally every other defender is doing it so he blends in! This time though I do admit he is not as bad he was still the only player who insisted on playing stupid long balls over and over. It made such a difference having the two charlton boys in defense as they really seemed to know what they were doing both defensively and with their distribution. If only they would move permenently.......... :pray:

:city::city::city:

Archived