IGNORED

Tranmere's No.2 Bruce...

Super Scotty Murray

Again, I reiterate - If you feel that jumping out of one's seat, running 20 yards down to the front of the stand and gesturing and shouting expletives at an opposition player is ok, why don't you ask Steve Lansdown's opinion, or the police's opinion, or any sane, peaceful, law-abiding spectator come to that?

Completely agree 100% with your post SimplyRed. What our some of our fans did, regardless of Bruce's actions, was embarassing to watch.

Guest MaloneFM

They didn't do it regardless of his actions. They did it regarding them though. I think if he had just gone to the side of the pitch and kept his hands down and his back to them it would have been forgotten quickly. Like it was all throgh the 2nd half.

What I want to know is why some people felt it neccesary for them to run 50 yards out of their seat and confront him. That really is worrying. I didn't see Bruce do anthing but even if he did, it doesn't really require a load of fans to get out of their seats and run down to the player. I found myself laughing at those who did it- it was just pointless and pathetic. No wonder this club has a bad reputation with regard to its fans and trouble.

Something called passion mate

You can be passionate without embarassing yourself like that.

how did i embarass myslef? I think it would of been more embarrassing if he felt he got away with doing a W##ker sign to what was supposed to be a passionate set of home fans. People really to need to lighten up abit and stop moaning about anything and everything :doh:

how did i embarass myslef? I think it would of been more embarrassing if he felt he got away with doing a W##ker sign to what was supposed to be a passionate set of home fans. People really to need to lighten up abit and stop moaning about anything and everything :doh:

You ran to confront a Tranmere player! Even if he did make that gesture then he will be dealt with. All the people around me were laughing at those running toward him. Get back in your seats and watch the game was most people's thoughts, and rightly so. The only thing you need to get out of your seat for is if we score or come close. Passion doesn't mean you have to go and mouth off to an opposition player. Have a little self control. If you went to confront him for that then what hope is there for fights etc being avoided in town. Help the team by getting behind our own players at the game and not shouting abuse in the face of a Tranmere player.

You ran to confront a Tranmere player! Even if he did make that gesture then he will be dealt with. All the people around me were laughing at those running toward him. Get back in your seats and watch the game was most people's thoughts, and rightly so. The only thing you need to get out of your seat for is if we score or come close. Passion doesn't mean you have to go and mouth off to an opposition player. Have a little self control. If you went to confront him for that then what hope is there for fights etc being avoided in town. Help the team by getting behind our own players at the game and not shouting abuse in the face of a Tranmere player.

ok mate your entitiled to your opinion but i did what i did and thats the end of it. If you want to sit there and be called a W##ker then thats up to you. But i for one will not pay good money to be abused like that.

ok mate your entitiled to your opinion but i did what i did and thats the end of it. If you want to sit there and be called a W##ker then thats up to you. But i for one will not pay good money to be abused like that.

He wasn't calling you a '##nker' specifically was he?! You weren't being abused. Being abused is being hit in the face or being called individual names. If you were offended then fair enough, I just don't think you needed to bother to get out of your seat for it.

Guest johnson red

I agree totally with dolman BCFC I feel the same way as he does about the whole situation. You must be a bit of a walkover then Alex if you don't take offence to someone calling you a ##nka

I agree totally with dolman BCFC I feel the same way as he does about the whole situation. You must be a bit of a walkover then Alex if you don't take offence to someone calling you a ##nka

He didn't call anyone specifically a ######. What I'm saying is there was no need to run out of your seat and have a go at him. That really is pathetic. It wasn't as though he went up to a fan and said it to their face was it?

Guest BCTIDBolts

Neeee naaawww...here comes the PC brigade - why don't you go and watch bowls or something if you think you're above swearing? As long as supporters weren't hurling missiles at the player then who cares what they were saying?? I hope they were doing everything they could to wind him up and hopefully put him off his game. It's an unwritten rule that football fans are allowed to do this, and long may it continue!

Moron. So, if I called said Tranmere player a w###er you think that is 'absolutely no different' to racism? If you think that then I'd suggest you struggling quite severely to differentiate between the two.

Who said anything about lower lifeform? People take the pish out of each other on a daily basis in all walks of life. I turn up at Ashton Gate to SUPPORT City. If I think that abusing opposition players helps City's cause then I'll carry on doing it thanks.

Ahhhh, poor little footballers. They get called names because of their irresponsible actions on the pitch. If you want to get moral then why don't we talk about dirty tackles, foul mouthed abuse, spitting, fighting, sexual assualt, taking cocaine, match fixing and god knows what else footballers get up to these days. A bit of swearing is pretty tame to most of them isn't it?

Long may it continue would be my response to that.

Wow you seem like a real nice person................ good sporting attitude youve got there............

Guest johnson red

He didn't call anyone specifically a ######. What I'm saying is there was no need to run out of your seat and have a go at him. That really is pathetic. It wasn't as though he went up to a fan and said it to their face was it?

I was already down there at the time as it was coming up to half-time and also I know it was stupid of fans to run 20 seats down just to have a pop at him but i bet that if you were down there then you would of said something

I was already down there at the time as it was coming up to half-time and also I know it was stupid of fans to run 20 seats down just to have a pop at him but i bet that if you were down there then you would of said something

If you were down there then fair enough- although there was no need to shout at him really as it wasn't aimed directly at you or anyone- just the stand. I just couldn't believe the people who ran out of their seats to shout. I can't really be bothered to post about this anymore as people are entilted to do what they want.

Actually, I think it's something called 'juvenile'.

I grew out of reacting to people calling me names when I was about 10 years old.

well, not all city fans like to stay in their seats eating their prawn sandwitches when someone does signals like that. Its all part of the game and it helps generate atmosphere. There is nothing better than a bit of banter at a football match. :chant6ez:

well, not all city fans like to stay in their seats eating their prawn sandwitches when someone does signals like that. Its all part of the game and it helps generate atmosphere. There is nothing better than a bit of banter at a football match. :chant6ez:

Didn't think I was going to post again but I have to after that comment. Running down to shout at an opposition players does not help generate atmosphere or at least a positive one. Getting behind the team on the other hand does- which is what, and to quote you the 'prawn sandwitche' eaters do.

Guest BCTIDBolts

Didn't think I was going to post again but I have to after that comment. Running down to shout at an opposition players does not help generate atmosphere or at least a positive one. Getting behind the team on the other hand does- which is what, and to quote you the 'prawn sandwitche' eaters do.

Alex BCFC you wont get through to some people I'm afraid....atleast it was only a handful of supporters who felt the need to show their so called 'passion'

Ah... I see! So in order to be a 'proper' fan, you have to swear every other word, chant foul and obnoxious slogans at the opposition and their fans, run 50 yards to confront any opposition player who does something you don't particularly like and generally be as loud and rude as you possibly can. And all this anti-social behaviour is 'acceptable' at football grounds because "'sa bit o' banter, innit".

Well, I'm sorry then, I guess I'm going to have to give up watching Bristol City then because I don't qualify.

I just like to go to the game, watch some professional football and generally cheer, applaud and support the team I grew up with.

I'm not going to apologise for that because the way I support my team doesn't infringe on anyone else's right to enjoy the game, unlike your version of the way to support the club.

You look like a teenager in your picture with the nice sunglasses :handbags::handbags::handbags:

I look younger than I am! It's a good thing...As for the sunglasses, it's an ironic statement.

Stop trying to move away from the thread, you 'passionate' fan. And suggesting I'm gay, when I'm not, makes you look even more of a fool. I suppose even if I was, you would see that as 'wrong' from your derigotary comments/pictures above.

Archived