IGNORED

don't Mean To Brag...

Super Scotty Murray

I have been saying since the day Luke Wilkshire came to Bristol City that we need to start him in the middle and tell him the thing that is true:

GO OUT THERE AND WIN US THE GAME. YOU ARE ONE THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE!!!

All this rubbish from TInnion and Wilson about him not having the 'BATTLE' in midfield. And all you fans having a go at him because he doesnt win every tackle....

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as someone like Cole Skuse or Scotty Brown is there (or both) then wilkshire can have the freedom to play.

We give teams far too much respect in this league, especially away from home, we just need to go out there, play football, and WE WILL WIN.

I expect never to hear a post again slagging off Luke Wilkshire because he is not a dirty liitle tacker, which some bristol city fans seem to think is the only trait needed of a central midfielder.

We needed to replace tinnion on the pitch, and we have now with Luke Wilkshire.

He has been our most improved player since Johnson came in. All he needed was consistency and now he seems to be getting it. Last season he was dropped at certain points because he played poorly and his heart was not in it. He still managed 10 goals as well. The thing with Wilkshire is sometimes he plays badly but is always liable to score. Not a bad thing in some ways but when he is playing central midfield we need him to be playing well most of the time, and I think Johnson will see to this.

Totally agree with that Alex, consistency is the key.

It has always been the case that creative midfield players are more liable to off games because they try and make things happen, and if it doesnt happen, it is very noticeable.

But as you say, that doenst mean he should be dropped or substituted every time.

Remember, he is the FITTEST player in out squad by a COUNTRY MILE!! Which is even more reason to have him playing every week.

At last someone else can see what potential Wilkshire has in this team. Look at the facts that it doesn't matter which country it is but you do not become a international footballer if your not one of the best from your country.

My biggest issue I have is if he has a good season and gets to the world cup he may well go on a free.

So GJ before signing players from outside the club sign up LW as quick as possible.

I agree that he is one of the best players in the league. We are lucky to have him and should make the most of him for the rest of his last season with the club.

If he keeps up this consistency then yes as no one should be guranteed a spot in the team, depsite it being his last season unless we go up.

Maybe Johnson has seen something in Wilkshire that previous managers have missed but its more likely to be that Johnson is handling him differently to Tinnion and Wilson.

Theres never been a doubt in my mind about Wilkshire's ability.Its just that he's played out of position by both Johnson's predecessors largley because of doubts about his defensive qualities.

From what been said in the local press today Johnson has talked to Wilkshire about that side of his game and the fact that Wilkshire has played all 90mins of all the games Johnson has been in charge speaks volumes.

The best of Wilkshire is yet to come I reckon.

Archived