IGNORED

Points West In A Bit

Dollymarie

Well said sir.

Oh and Brooker and Heywood were the other players who were in the club at the time, just so we can stop the tedious guessing games.

Blimey, what a mess for Gary Johnson and the club to sort out now :angry:

No wonder Tinman had to fall on his sword with so many idiots on the playing staff.

SO WHEN THE 4th PLAYER IS NAMED ARE YOU ALL STILL MAKING PLANS TO FORGIVE AND FORGET AS DRINKING IS OK WHEN YER WINNING BUT WHEN YOUR ON A HONEYMOON PERIOD WITH A NEW MANAGER AND BEST 2 PLAYERS GET NICKED, THEN GOING OUT IN THE CITY CENTRE IS AS BAD AS WEARING A QUATERED SHIRT !! THE WORST THING IS I READ ALL THE "SEEN ANY PLAYERS OUT" THREADS THEN AS SOON AS SOME GRIEF HAPPENS IT CHANGES TO "GET PLAYERS OUT" WHEN THE TEAM IS WINNING THIER MINT WHEN THEY CANT THEN WE ALL HATE THEM. WE HAVE ALL HAD A BIT OF TROUBLE IN TOWN THE DIFFERENCE IS I'm NOT ON 2- 5 GRAND A WEEK AND HAVE 10000 PEOPLE TELLING ME HOW TO DO ME JOB.

i see where your coming from, but it's hard to discuss this on here without the thread getting pulled.

We all know this type have thing has (OK ALLEGEDLY) been going on since the danny wilson days,

but this is the first time they have been caught at it by police and been hurt doing it.

ok there was litas arrest, but nothing came of that with off duty police, but my point is now

they have been caught the club have set standards to say no more and if they are caught

again (and not just the 3 arrested) then i won't bat an eye lid if they are sacked

at least now the press, the club and some fans who thought this to be untrue that our players

go out getting drunk and fighting have to acknowlage it is true, people have been suspended

from this forum for trying to say this drinking culture exists and for the club to sort it out,

now they can.

i don't begrudge them a beer and a night out, but not every night and not fighting.

let's hope there is no repeat.

what you have to remember that 99% orf footballers ares scum even if bristol city sacked the players we would all like to think that no other club would take them on,in the real world it aint like that let them cry thier crocidile tears and plead for mercey I stopped years ago its me boy I feel for.How do you tell yer son that the players on his wall don't give a toss for the team or the fans.City till i die!, no City cause I got no other choice.

Bloody cynical, but pretty close to the mark if you ask me. You get players kissing the badge (on the advice of their agent and even then only after the difference between the badge and the sponsors logo has been pointed out to them!) one minute and then buggering off to the first Championship club who makes a move for them the next. Players who state their intention to see out their contract one minute and then hold the club to ransom midway through that contract (which they signed) for a pay rise the next. Players who decide that they don't like the manager so bugger it, lets totally embarrass our supporters and get hammered 7-1. Players who break the rules and are only ever sorry when they get caught. Players who are totally dismissive of supporters but make the right noises when interviewed.

When you think long and hard, it is amazing that we, as supporters, can love a game so much where the participants we pay good money to go and watch are so eager to kick us (which includes benefactors like Steve Lansdown) in the teeth.

buggering off to the first Championship club who makes a move for them the next. Players who state their intention to see out their contract one minute and then hold the club to ransom midway through that contract (which they signed) for a pay rise the next.

When you think long and hard, it is amazing that we, as supporters, can love a game so much where the participants we pay good money to go and watch are so eager to kick us (which includes benefactors like Steve Lansdown) in the teeth.

Players come and players go. There's no such thing as the one club man anymore. Even the ones who go back to their first love to make a difference are few and far between. They'd all rather play in the Prem and they don't care who for as long as the club stays there.

As far as City is concerned, we need a set-up where the players achieve at the top of their ability. Our players are not good enough to go out on the lash and still perform well. let's face it they struggle to perform well in the warm-up.

What we need is a set-up where they know they will get caught if they go on the lash. I don't mean by the Old Bill, I mean breath tests every morning and two training sessions a day so they're all too knackered to go out. Oh and when they're sacked after something like this.

well orr and brown looked to be full of remorse and a big sorry was made

and it takes guts to stand there on camera and admit you made a mistake.

good enough for me ;)

They're probably only just realising how lucky they are to still have a job! And probably a wee bit concerned as to what reaction they will get from us....the people who pay their wages!! :angry:

They're probably only just realising how lucky they are to still have a job! And probably a wee bit concerned as to what reaction they will get from us....the people who pay their wages!! :angry:

We could keep punishing the players for their entire spell at Ashton gate reminding them how bad they are or we could move on?

Christ, there are still people harping on about Tinnion & Wilson's mistakes and i ask why?

I think some people resent footballers only because they earn good money and have a good lifrstyle, if they were paid £10 a week would you be so critical? maybe the green eyed monster has come out to play?

Yes these guys are lucky, lucky becuase they can play football and thats their gift don't begrudge them that, they just want to focus now on useing that ability to win football games and hopefully put this ugly mess behind them.

We could keep punishing the players for their entire spell at Ashton gate reminding them how bad they are or we could move on?

Christ, there are still people harping on about Tinnion & Wilson's mistakes and i ask why?

I think some people resent footballers only because they earn good money and have a good lifrstyle, if they were paid £10 a week would you be so critical? maybe the green eyed monster has come out to play?

Yes these guys are lucky, lucky becuase they can play football and thats their gift don't begrudge them that, they just want to focus now on useing that ability to win football games and hopefully put this ugly mess behind them.

I think you've missed the point entirely or else you're one of our many player apologists on this message board. We were in the poxy olde Div 3 relegation zone at the time of the latest incident may I remind you. The players have been caught acting in a totally unprofessional manner - YET AGAIN IT SEEMS.

Guest redphilc

I missed th news as I was playing football up clifton college sports ground. Is there any chance the will put the apology on the website for those who missed it?

Personally I think they should have apologised sooner.

The man who is most lucky to still have a job is Partridge. I have a little story...

About four weeks ago my flat mate (EP Press photographer) was at the gate along with the BBC and other newspapers to take pictures of Partridge with his Welsh shirt in recognition of his international appearences. When the press arrived the BCFC PR chap got a phone call from Partridge saying he would be there shortly. After keeping the press wating for about an hour and a half Partridge rang the BCFC PR chap and told him he couldn't be bothered to turn up. The PR chap was fuming and as a result a sour taste was left in the mouths of all the press that were there.

I bet they jumped at the chance of covering this story where the man who p***D them all off four weeks earlier had got drunk down town, had a fight and got arrested.

Says a lot about his attitude if you ask me and it came as no suprise to me that he was at the centre of the incident.

I missed th news as I was playing football up clifton college sports ground. Is there any chance the will put the apology on the website for those who missed it?

Personally I think they should have apologised sooner.

The man who is most lucky to still have a job is Partridge. I have a little story...

About four weeks ago my flat mate (EP Press photographer) was at the gate along with the BBC and other newspapers to take pictures of Partridge with his Welsh shirt in recognition of his international appearences. When the press arrived the BCFC PR chap got a phone call from Partridge saying he would be there shortly. After keeping the press wating for about an hour and a half Partridge rang the BCFC PR chap and told him he couldn't be bothered to turn up. The PR chap was fuming and as a result a sour taste was left in the mouths of all the press that were there.

I bet they jumped at the chance of covering this story where the man who p***D them all off four weeks earlier had got drunk down town, had a fight and got arrested.

Says a lot about his attitude if you ask me and it came as no suprise to me that he was at the centre of the incident.

I get the idea that Dave Partridge was trying to get a reputation as a bit of a hard drinking central defensive hard man by taking on a bouncer. That's the angle I would use if I was an Evening Post journalist. The fact remains that Partridge has done extremely little on the field of play for this club and damaged the reputation of this club off the field.

Sack the three of em.. first mistake was letting a welshman and two scousers play for our club in the first place, second mistake let them loose down town, third mistake they get arrested, enough chances given lads, now go else where and give players like Cotteril and Fortune set a good example to our club.

You have got to be the biggest ###### on here by some way,and I would like to know why you havent been censored for being racist!

Fair play to them for apologising in public, let's hope the lesson has truely sunk in.

I must admit to being somewhat confused about how a footballer ends up with stitches and staples in his head and gets nicked for violent disorder, whereas certain doormen seem to have escaped scot free. Did he fall over or something? Victims of their own fame (and egos) I reckon.

Nibor

Guest citycityman

u call me racist? WHAT!!! how is taking the mickey out of scousers and welshman racist, if this is the case then surely Anne Robinson would be sacked by the BBC for making comments about welsh people on the weakest link and TV comediens would be censored from talking about thiefs in liverpool..... gggrrrr you lot make me angry...

u call me racist? WHAT!!! how is taking the mickey out of scousers and welshman racist, if this is the case then surely Anne Robinson would be sacked by the BBC for making comments about welsh people on the weakest link and TV comediens would be censored from talking about thiefs in liverpool..... gggrrrr you lot make me angry...

Chill mate,

There are lots of hand wringing sandal wearers on this forums

Don,t let it get to you. :city:

So far I've seen Orr, Brown, Partridge, Brooker, and Heywood's name mentioned in reference to the night of infamy. If true, thats argueably half of the first team selected under normal circumstances. Of course there is forgive and forget, or sack the lot.

Then there is the Man U philosophy, the team decimated by a dreadful air crash, but the makeshift team performed heroically, got results and instilled monumental pride in a worldwide legion of fans. BCFC is not at that level, but if the worst occurred , players would rise to the occasion, new stars would emerge, and we the fans would still be here, sad , happy, cheering, booing, but always here the other side of the fence, but as always the heart and soul of BCFC.

I believe GJ has the strength to deal with the situation and carry the club through a crisis that I'me sure he could not have envisiged. He is being tested up front, as the Airborne would say, "where the metal meets the meat".

Archived