IGNORED

Brooker Being Questioned

DC Red

Brooker to be Questioned

Looks like Steve Brooker will also be questioned by the police relating to last week's events. Can we therefore assume he was there or was it a different incident? If he was there, was the breach of clubs rules the drinking or the fighting? If drinking, was he there and not drinking and simply a witness or was he a participant?

We are all probably interested, and there is probably much more to this that we are not party to, and do not need to be party to.

I just hope its not a case of one rule and some and another rule for others. I hope that the club can confirm that they have been equal to all players.

Guest citycityman

They have just released this on the main site cus certain people on the forum know exactley what happened and STEVE L wants to cover his tracks.. strange time of night to put a statement like that on the site

They have just released this on the main site cus certain people on the forum know exactley what happened and STEVE L wants to cover his tracks.. strange time of night to put a statement like that on the site

Very strange, I rarely see things after about 2:00pm or so here (its currently 7:00pm where I am). Are you a fellow exile or just up late?

Guest citycityman

Na theres gotta be more to it... Police don't call people in for being witnesses now they usually get them into the station if its a more serous matter and they decide that if that person did commit a crime they can carry out the proper arrest there and then and not anywhere in the public eye... not that I know anything about law or anything..

I think you will find that this will be in the papers tomorrow and so the club just wanted to break the news first to stop any 'exclusives'.

Na theres gotta be more to it... Police don't call people in for being witnesses now they usually get them into the station if its a more serous matter and they decide that if that person did commit a crime they can carry out the proper arrest there and then and not anywhere in the public eye... not that I know anything about law or anything..

Can you imagine if this is even more serious than we think and that we need half a new squad all of sudden ??

Guest citycityman

gee i don't know, the Bird Flu virus could hit Slimbridge Wildlife Park and the top story in our local paper tommorow will probably be about Steve Brooker being invited to a police station..

Yes they do. I was called in to do a statement as a witness. You talk utter crap.

I'm loving this topic, Ive always wanted to be on the Bill.

My reading of the phrase in the article "asked in for questioning" rather than "called in for questioning" indicates that they would like him to provide a witness statement.

interesting that they have called him only now as well. new evidence might have come to light but it begs the question why he perhaps did not come forward at the outset voluntarily.

interesting that they have called him only now as well. new evidence might have come to light but it begs the question why he perhaps did not come forward at the outset voluntarily.

This raises a lot of questions. The club will need to be very careful how they handle this while maintaining proper detachment from any legal proceedings, ensuring that no prejudicial actions or comments appear on the website. I certainly do not expect to see any more comments regarding legal issues coming from them.

However, internal discipliniary actions will also need to be seen to be consistent.

This raises a lot of questions. The club will need to be very careful how they handle this while maintaining proper detachment from any legal proceedings, ensuring that no prejudicial actions or comments appear on the website. I certainly do not expect to see any more comments regarding legal issues coming from them.

However, internal discipliniary actions will also need to be seen to be consistent.

indeed. love your photo caption by the way. spot on!

Yes they do. I was called in to do a statement as a witness. You talk utter crap.

I was called in to do a statement and arrested 1 minute after walking through the firking door and then spent the next 6 months going backwards and forwards to Bath Magistrates.

So the utter crap may not be so utter! :whistle:

I was called in to do a statement and arrested 1 minute after walking through the firking door and then spent the next 6 months going backwards and forwards to Bath Magistrates.

The point I was making was that they can sometimes call you in to do statements without arresting you!

..... 'breach of club discipline' was the reason given for dropping Brown and Orr on Saturday - I would hope that was as much for being on the pi 55 three days before a match (and one day before an important training session) than getting caught doing whatever it is they're alleged to have done.

So by that code, Brooker should have been dropped Saturday too. Unless he or the other three never mentioned to Johnson that Brooks was there as well. In any case, he's not playing tonight... wonder if he really is 'injured'?

I think any player seen drinking in public after 9pm on a day before training or a game gets fined. It should not be that hard - these days I rarely drink myself on a school night (and my job doesnt require me to run around a lot and not be hungover!!)

The point I was making was that they can sometimes call you in to do statements without arresting you!

Not in my experience! :D:w00t:

If they invite me to help them again, i'll tell them to kiss my rebel, slightly matted arse! :blink:

The Royalist Police and toff/snob led legal system in this country is amongst the most corrupt in the world. I know that's no consolation Neo, but worth remembering. Click on the link below for examples...........

http://www.perceptions.couk.com/laworjustice.html

I know there is at least one legal type who posts on here and could help me out on this - by punishing the players are the club not taking prejudicial action by indicating their guilt. Perhaps the club should have stated precisely how they had contravened club rules to avoid any problems.

I know there is at least one legal type who posts on here and could help me out on this - by punishing the players are the club not taking prejudicial action by indicating their guilt. Perhaps the club should have stated precisely how they had contravened club rules to avoid any problems.

I'm not a legal type but I have worked with a few - I would have said that whatever the club does has no legal implications under criminal law, as club rules have the status of an employment contract club and player, which would come under civil rather than criminal law. Of course anyone doing anything which is against both club rules and criminal law could then be both reprimanded and face criminal charges.

Not sure what the rule is on drinking - the standard for footballers used to be no drinking for 3 days before a game (which they haven't broken ) or appearing in public in the 24 hrs before a game (which they haven't broken either). They may have broken a catch all rule about bringing the club into disrepute.

Personally I'd be surprised if this goes any further, with the number of witnesses there must have been, if there was a clear case to answer then charges would probably have been bought by now I reakon.

Archived