IGNORED

Scott Brown

Guest Frank

• Admin

You are far from alone Dave - an "investment strike" in the antics of these pillocks is the only thing I think of which is why I may be playing a lot more golf in future - we've heard all the fine words before and the only option for these players (if they have any self-respect and wish to regain mine) is to shut up and get on with actually achieving something for once. I am sick of their excuses and the mutinous attitude they portray to any management that reminds them of the need to actually work for living.

I've not been surprised that almost everyone I've spoken to ( especially those who are 35+) has the same feeling, why slog your guts out all week commuting and working, then handing over a sizeable wedge at weekends (or annually) to watch a squad of underperforming players. Their ineffectiveness and inconsistency very likely to be caused by at best a lackadasical attitude, at worst a total disregard for the club, the fans and ultimatetly, their careers. The fruits of your hard earned labour being freely passed over the city centre's bars.

If I were the Chief Exec. or the Chairman, I would be looking at reassuring the fanbase, especially those who have the disposable income to spend on tickets, merchandise, in the bars in the ground etc. that the gravy train has stopped, the hard work has begun and every squad member is fully behind the new Manager, the clubs policies on acceptable player behaviour and are all going to bust a gut trying to win us promotion.

Taken from the EP:

"The worst thing about it was not playing on Saturday and I can't wait to get out there again."

No, Scott. One of the worst things about it is that you and a number of your fellow pros at this club thought it was ok to be at a nightclub til the small hours.

You are meant to be professional athletes yet like so many before you, you've come to Bristol City, taken mine and thousands of other fans money and promptly handed it over to the nearest barman you can find.

You, Orr, Partridge and anyone else who was allegedly there (we know who you are) have kicked us all in the balls.

The comment above shows how selfish you are. But given what you did, it's no surprise to hear you being that way.

I've been a loyal and unwavering fan for many many years. But the likes of you have really made me question why I and all the loyal people who follow this club bother. THAT is the worst thing about it, Scott. In case you wondered, which I seriously doubt.

Agree with most of that but have to add that I've seen loads of City players out on the raz down the years and out of the shamed three I've only Orr out on the town before. Point is, whilst I don't condone anything they allegedly did and I'm not sticking up for them in any way, I think people are hopping on the bandwagon about this. They're not the real wasters at the club and the irony is they're probably some of the more professional players we got at the club but the got caught... once! Think of all the other players who really pi$$ away their cash and are always out and about but never get caught so never get slated because people don't know about it.

Agree with most of that but have to add that I've seen loads of City players out on the raz down the years and out of the shamed three I've only Orr out on the town before. Point is, whilst I don't condone anything they allegedly did and I'm not sticking up for them in any way, I think people are hopping on the bandwagon about this. They're not the real wasters at the club and the irony is they're probably some of the more professional players we got at the club but the got caught... once! Think of all the other players who really pi$$ away their cash and are always out and about but never get caught so never get slated because people don't know about it.

I think we all know about it, but if we dare to mention it the thread disappears faster than a something very fast.

Why??

What Happend??

Have i missed something??

:farmer:;)

A little red robin told me we've been in this situation with the players many times before. :laugh:

PS 'bristolbred' - I was trying to lift that dog's bollux piccie from the Goblin brewery website and they've copy righted everything :grr: Damn annoying. I'll just have to stick with my English Republican period arts exhibition. :farmer:

Archived