IGNORED

Scott Brown

Guest Frank

Taken from the EP:

"The worst thing about it was not playing on Saturday and I can't wait to get out there again."

No, Scott. One of the worst things about it is that you and a number of your fellow pros at this club thought it was ok to be at a nightclub til the small hours.

You are meant to be professional athletes yet like so many before you, you've come to Bristol City, taken mine and thousands of other fans money and promptly handed it over to the nearest barman you can find.

You, Orr, Partridge and anyone else who was allegedly there (we know who you are) have kicked us all in the balls.

The comment above shows how selfish you are. But given what you did, it's no surprise to hear you being that way.

I've been a loyal and unwavering fan for many many years. But the likes of you have really made me question why I and all the loyal people who follow this club bother. THAT is the worst thing about it, Scott. In case you wondered, which I seriously doubt.

You could see it like that or you could see it as his desire to get back on the pitch and do a job where it matters rather than trying to make up to the fans through the media and such like. He is a footballer and should therefore be judged on what he does on the pitch. I can understand why people are upset at what he did but in my opinion as long as he now gets his head down and performs on the pitch he should not be treated any differently.

He has apologised and now wants to make it right on the pictch where it matters so I don't think you should criticise him for wanting to do that!

:city::city::city:

I agree with Frank. I have given up considerable amounts of my
time, money and energy to supporting this club over the years, and
recent events have got me as close as I have ever been to wondering
what the point of it all is. These players have become so divorced
from reality, cosseted and protected by a Club that has until
recently sought to draw a veil over these sort of events and pretend
they never happened.

In the past year we have seen Leroy Lita, Danny Coles, Dave Partridge,
Scott Brown and Bradley Orr all ARRESTED in drink related instances of
violent behaviour. Serious allegations have also been made about the
conduct of various players relating to drink-fuelled fights with City fans on a recent Saturday night. The night of the 7-1 defeat at
Swansea, several members of the white-flag waving prats who capitulated so cravenly were seen laughing and joking drunkenly in the City Centre.

I would personally terminate the contracts of every single one of them
and ask them to try and make their way in the real world with the rest
of us, where a high income only comes through dedication, hard work
and effort, and where disgraceful behaviour such as this leads to
instant dismissal.

I work my nadgers off .. seven days a week sometimes, sacrificing holidays, trying to juggle the demands of work and family life. As do many of us. And by dint of that hard work, I've become reasonably successful in my chosen field after 25 years of dedication to my craft.

Then these guys, who are doing a job that all of us could only ever
dream about, some of who get paid far more than I do, who only have
to turn up to training 5 days a week for a couple of hours and play
a game of football once or twice a week, turn round and urinate my hard earned
money up against a wall. They also seem to think it's acceptable to
use up some of the thousands of pounds Income Tax I donate to HMG
every year so that some doctor can patch them up in A & E, or some
poor copper has to risk a kicking to subdue them.

And at the point that all of this happened, it wasn't as if we were
riding high at the top of the league (not as if that would have been any excuse) . We were third from bottom for Christ's sake.

Perhaps one of these overpaid, drunken numpties would like to explain to me why I should bung another thousand quid of my cash the Club's way come next season?

they never happened.

conduct of various players relating to drink-fuelled fights with City fans on a recent Saturday night. The night of the 7-1 defeat at

Swansea, several members of the white-flag waving prats who capitulated so cravenly were seen laughing and joking drunkenly in the City Centre.

instant dismissal.

I work my nadgers off .. seven days a week sometimes, sacrificing holidays, trying to juggle the demands of work and family life. As do many of us. And by dint of that hard work, I've become reasonably successful in my chosen field after 25 years of dedication to my craft.

riding high at the top of the league (not as if that would have been any excuse) . We were third from bottom for Christ's sake.

Perhaps one of these overpaid, drunken numpties would like to explain to me why I should bung another thousand quid of my cash the Club's way come next season?

Blimey Dave, it seems out of character for you to fire off with such venom...

I interpreted Brown's public apology differently.It seemed to me that he was saying that not playing was the worst part of the punishment including the fine and the final warning and all he wants to do now is get back playing for BCFC.

• Admin

I interpreted Brown's public apology differently.It seemed to me that he was saying that not playing was the worst part of the punishment including the fine and the final warning and all he wants to do now is get back playing for BCFC.

My impression is that this is the straw that broke the camel's back, rather than a tirade against Brown, Dave is certainly not alone in his feelings, I work shifts and have to take days holiday to get to games, I have bought a season ticket for years, City 2000 ( City Society before that) and must have spent £1000's since the sixties supporting the club.

I certainly have come to wonder lately, why? The off-field antics of some of these players have undoubtedly hindered the clubs progress. GJ has his work cut out and will need the backing of the board to sort this club out - "Comfy Club" - a phrase that has been oft used about City and it needs to stop; any players not willing to behave like professional athletes, yes, professional athletes, because that is what they are, should be shown the door and soon.

My impression is that this is the straw that broke the camel's back, rather than a tirade against Brown, Dave is certainly not alone in his feelings, I work shifts and have to take days holiday to get to games, I have bought a season ticket for years, City 2000 ( City Society before that) and must have spent £1000's since the sixties supporting the club.

I certainly have come to wonder lately, why? The off-field antics of some of these players have undoubtedly hindered the clubs progress. GJ has his work cut out and will need the backing of the board to sort this club out - "Comfy Club" - a phrase that has been oft used about City and it needs to stop; any players not willing to behave like professional athletes, yes, professional athletes, because that is what they are, should be shown the door and soon.

I couldn't agree with you more mate, well spoken

they never happened.

instant dismissal.

I think everyone I have spoken to has felt exactly the same as you and a few have even stated that they will not be renewing their season tickets unless there is a drastic improvement this season with the team. WOnder how many other fans feel the same. :angry:

they never happened.

instant dismissal.

print and pin this on the dressing room door ;)

I wholeheartedly agree with Frank, DaveL and all the other posters with similar sentiments. I also find it disgraceful that posts have been removed from this forum over the past years relating to the drinking antics of BCFC's players. Some of us have even been threatened with legal action so that we can't name names. The club even brushed the antics of several BCFC players under the carpet relating to the alledged incident last month. :angry:

*Edited by Moderator*

You're right Al, it's not like me. I'm just about the most reasonable person I know. But my venom should be seen as a measure of how strongly I feel about this.

And this wasn't intended as a direct attack on Scott Brown either, who is a player I admire, but at what seems to me a culture within the club that is rapidy spiralling out of control. It's not as if this hasn't been mentioned before either, but still it goes on until the only sanction left to me is to stop funding their stupidity.

Sorry about the formatting as well. I think my pc was over-whelmed by the force of my rant!

Guest Longford Red

they never happened.

instant dismissal.

Excellent post. I fear that this won't be the last we see of these jumped up little ****s in the papers. They are so far from reality you could give them this post to read and they still wouldn't give a toss. If they can actually read! ;)

You're right Al, it's not like me. I'm just about the most reasonable person I know. But my venom should be seen as a measure of how strongly I feel about this.

And this wasn't intended as a direct attack on Scott Brown either, who is a player I admire, but at what seems to me a culture within the club that is rapidy spiralling out of control. It's not as if this hasn't been mentioned before either, but still it goes on until the only sanction left to me is to stop funding their stupidity.

Sorry about the formatting as well. I think my pc was over-whelmed by the force of my rant!

It also makes me wonder if Tinnion ever really stood a chance.

If this bunch of idiots are prepared to do this within a fortnight of someone who is well respected within the game, has a reputation of being a disciplinarian and won't suffer fools glady (i.e. Johnson) being appointed as manager, what hope did Tinnion ever have of getting this culture out of the club.

I know the reason for his failure runs deeper than that. But with a club where newish players under a new manager see fit to go out and tarnish the name of this club, Tinnion really was never going to stand a chance of turning it round. He tried by getting rid of some of the troublemakers (for want of a better word) but it seems that the problem is so deep set here that even new signings soon just slot into the mentality that has been at this club for far too long.

Good luck Gary. You're going to need it and I won't think any less of you if you decide it ain't worth it.

Can one man change this culture? Can one man redefine the rules of what being a Bristol City means? Hopefully. But in the meantime - lets have a ban on the players pretending they care; their behaviour and performances from hereon will say all that needs to be said.

Now that is a very fine idea.

Going back to the original title of this thread "The worst thing" - "the worst thing" in my opinion was having a low life London law firm skulking around on the previous yellow subber forum. I'm sure it was one of this club's errant players that actioned this Law firm's investigation as several subbers have been witness to several drunken incidents involving BCFC's errant players. We've had to completely erase two subber forums as a result of this and we've thus lost irreplacable postings and jokes as a result. :angry:

Going back to the original title of this thread "The worst thing" - "the worst thing" in my opinion was having a low life London law firm skulking around on the previous yellow subber forum. I'm sure it was one of this club's errant players that actioned this Law firm's investigation as several subbers have been witness to several drunken incidents involving BCFC's errant players. We've had to completely erase two subber forums as a result of this and we've thus lost irreplacable postings and jokes as a result. :angry:

This looks interesting - please expand for us who know nothing about the yellow subbers forum and on what you mean by "errant players" and" Law firms investigations"

This looks interesting - please expand for us who know nothing about the yellow subbers forum and on what you mean by "errant players" and" Law firms investigations"

This thread will be removed by the moderators if I expand on this subject. Read the 'posting guidelines' at the top of this message board. A link to the new yellow subber forum can be found in my signature......

No. Please don't expand. If we go too far down that road, then this whole thread will be deleted and some perfectly above board posts and opinions will be lost.

That debate is for another place.

This thread will be removed by the moderators if I expand on this subject. Read the 'posting guidelines' at the top of this message board. A link to the new yellow subber forum can be found in my signature......

I can't be arsed to sign up - pm or email me...

No. Please don't expand. If we go too far down that road, then this whole thread will be deleted and some perfectly above board posts and opinions will be lost.

That debate is for another place.

Earlier today 2 very innocent posts, Only mentioning what was already in the press were pulled. Your estimation of the club trying to cover things up and brush them under the carpet is correct.

The worse thing is if SL does read this and his own forum, The warning signs have been there for at least 5 years, This has been a train wreck waiting to happen and the management must take some blame for allowing it to reach this embarrassing point.

Let us also not forget the early hours car accident, That became the start of slippery slope for Amankwah.

Earlier today 2 very innocent posts, Only mentioning what was already in the press were pulled. Your estimation of the club trying to cover things up and brush them under the carpet is correct.

The worse thing is if SL does read this and his own forum, The warning signs have been there for at least 5 years, This has been a train wreck waiting to happen and the management must take some blame for allowing it to reach this embarrassing point.

Let us also not forget the early hours car accident, That became the start of slippery slope for Amankwah.

To use the analogy of a train wreck - it is the club itself and its leadership that has laid the tracks !!!!!! We, as supporters, have been the hard hit passengers of this out of control BCFC 'calamity express'. :farmer:

You are far from alone Dave - an "investment strike" in the antics of these pillocks is the only thing I think of which is why I may be playing a lot more golf in future - we've heard all the fine words before and the only option for these players (if they have any self-respect and wish to regain mine) is to shut up and get on with actually achieving something for once. I am sick of their excuses and the mutinous attitude they portray to any management that reminds them of the need to actually work for living.

How about the club call Gordon Taylor (head honcho of the "Professional" Footballers Association) into Ashton Gate to jointly announce the brand new, all-singing, all-dancing BCFC Code of Conduct for players? ... thereby sending out the message to the bunch of wasters who make up 95% of his membership that we're not going to be their patsies a minute more?

This time last week our over-indulged first teamers were heading off to the illuminated of latrines Bristol City centre when they were due in for training early next morning - an act of utter contempt for their new manager and those who pay their wages (in/out the boardroom). Well, if they ever want a new definition of contempt they only have to ask me for it.

How about the club call Gordon Taylor (head honcho of the "Professional" Footballers Association) into Ashton Gate to jointly announce the brand new, all-singing, all-dancing BCFC Code of Conduct for players? ... thereby sending out the message to the bunch of wasters who make up 95% of his membership that we're not going to be their patsies a minute more?

Taylor is too liberal and would defend them.

This time last week our over-indulged first teamers were heading off to the illuminated of latrines of Bristol centre when they were due in for training early next morning - an act of utter contempt for their new manager and those who pay their wages (in/out the boardroom). Well, if they ever want a new definition of contempt they only have to ask me for it.

Yes and if they had not been banged up, Probably all would have driven too work (that's a laugh) over the legal limit.

Archived