IGNORED

Out Of The Ldv

Gerry Gows' Tash

Guest Stafford

It is all too easy to pretend it doesn't matter in front of 1000 or so fans at Underhill but the LDV is a major trophy - and source of revenue - for clubs like City who have a realistic chance of lifting the Trophy. From a morale perspective, we should not be losing to the likes of Barnet either. Bottom line is, tonight was a very poor result. It will do nothing to entice the casual supporter - such as myself - back to Ashton Gate. City should be beating temas like Barnet for fun - just look at the relative support and resource base. Can we be honest - tonight's result was very poor - an acute embarrassment. LDV - FA Cup - Carling Cup - League 1 - they all matter. Another dysmal chapter in the recent history of BCFC.

No excuse but a few players missing tonight :city: oh and did Fortune start ?

Just had a report that Fortune and Woodman were very poor. Hopefully we will have some people back for Saturday. Carey was skinned for 1st goal by their winger too. Also, that City were far the better side but threw it away! Sounds famaliar!

It is all too easy to pretend it doesn't matter in front of 1000 or so fans at Underhill but the LDV is a major trophy - and source of revenue - for clubs like City who have a realistic chance of lifting the Trophy. From a morale perspective, we should not be losing to the likes of Barnet either. Bottom line is, tonight was a very poor result. It will do nothing to entice the casual supporter - such as myself - back to Ashton Gate. City should be beating temas like Barnet for fun - just look at the relative support and resource base. Can we be honest - tonight's result was very poor - an acute embarrassment. LDV - FA Cup - Carling Cup - League 1 - they all matter. Another dysmal chapter in the recent history of BCFC.

Calm down dear. You'll die of high blood pressure with an attitude like that. And don't forget that we don't have an instant right to beat a team just because they're a league below us.

Besides, I'd prefer we get out of this league and not have to compete in this competition.

Except the year we won it.

Should have given us qualification for Europe. we were cheated out of what was rightfully ours. Its all a farce.

I know what you mean.

Though seriously, even when we won it I had the same opinion - my only hope was that it would spur us on to promotion through the morale boost... that didn't happen though, did it? :doh:

Doesn'nt matter what cup it is in .We are supposedly a better team in a higher league yet we still lost against Barnet for the second time.

Not Good

I wouldn't be that worried. By all accounts we were the better side but had some weak defenders playing tonight. Hopefully we can get Heywood/Partridge and Younga back ASAP.

FEW POINTS

The League is far more important.

The Money Would be Nice.......but it's only real dosh if you make the final.

So, the important bit is, don't get any bookings, avoid injuries and, if you're not going to make the final, get knocked out in the first round.

We can now, in time honoured fashion, concentrate on the league and, let's face it, we could make more money out of 2-3 rounds of the FA Cup, than winning the LDV.

Partridge, Brooker, Orr & Brown will be back for Saturday-add Russell & Heywood to that starting line up and we've got a strong enough team.

Looking at the squad, as I've posted elsewhere and there's some work to do on loan and in January if we're to become serious Promotion candidates.

I say PIFF PAFF and indeed PAH to the miserly thing. The gas are about to go out of it as well.

Malone . With every respect I agree with you. But losing to Barnet is not good. We seem to be blaming our Defence and yes we do have (arguably) better in the wings. Howeever, I do not see any accountability for the strikers and attacking midfield. We have repaced some Defenders but if the forwards don't starting getting goals soon we are nowhere. Am I panicking? Too bloody right I am. Again with every respect.

Guest fatherdougal

Still you can be consoled with some of the other scores, Gas losing, Forest going out to Woking, Rotherham losing at home to Accrington Stanley (who are they?)

Archived