IGNORED

Stewart Conned Us?

mossey

Have we been conned by M.S, did he talk up the move and more or less put pressure on the board to sign him, are we getting our moneys worth from him, for a prem player I certainly expected more from him and bridges, could the money they are costing us be better spent,?

Go on then Stewart impress me was my comment after the Hereford pre season game for which I got jumped on by quite a few more knowledgable posters on here. :disapointed2se: Time for him and Fortune to take a well UN- earned long rest from our team :o starting now.

Marcus Stewart Works hard but could do better,sounds like aschool report doesn't it ?

He is obviously not the player he was and you are possibly correct he sold himself well to the club, hence why he is here, but there must be a section of his contract that states that provided he is fit he must play, probably due to the amount of money that he is being paid.

Perhaps that is why GJ is looking for a sniffer as he puts it, we cannot afford to create 12 scoring chances and only put one of them away, all I can now say is good luck Gary in your quest.

I read soon after Stewart signed for City than at the start of last season The Sunderland fans were giving Stewart stick for his apparent lack of desire.He spent a little time on the bench I think before coming good and scoring 17 goals for them.

Remember than form is temporary but class is permanent.

I read soon after Stewart signed for City than at the start of last season The Sunderland fans were giving Stewart stick for his apparent lack of desire.He spent a little time on the bench I think before coming good and scoring 17 goals for them.

Remember than form is temporary but class is permanent.

So you're saying his form could be bad all season?! Just cos he has a bit of class is no good to us, we want some kind of form!

I love the swing of excuses on here.

Now, I don't watch Bristol City enough so I can't say what he's been like (apart from the one game I did see him in and he was very poor)

Stewart has gone from....

- Class Player 30 goals guarenteed.

- Class Player needs to find his fitness... (like Bridges) Give him a few more games

- Class Player will kick in from Christmas onwards.

Class starts its season in August and ends in May, and that's only for his holidays.

Stewart is a good player but he clearly isn't what you've anticipated and there's no harm in saying it... Don't worry no one will judge you for it because I wouldn't be suprised if most people are scratching their heads and wondering what's up with him.

Cue a hat-trick against Swindon.

As Barnet and Swansea have shown, the 3 rd and 4 th divisions are not too different. Perhaps the 2end and 3rd are closer than many people think

For instance the top half of the lower division and the bottom half of the higher division, not a lot of difference. As for Stewart, he is 32 with a 3 year contract, now thats comfort. I believe it was SL not Tinman who said he had planned to get Stewart, knowing he wanted to return to Bristol.

Stewart in turn is finding the standard harder to deal with than he anticipated, having to work for the glory.

GJ, has made his direction apparent, and has now said he knows which players wont make it. Stewart can make it, but for 3 years ? That may be a stretch.

Marcus Stewart is not being played to his advantage. His legs might not be as quick as they once were, but his footballing brain is still there. He should play in the midfield position formally occupied by Tinnion where his distribution will improve our performances no end.

Stewart is clapped out and well past his sell by date.He does not stand out as you might expect and even when he gets good chances is incapable of taking them.As for Bridges he seemed livelier in 10 minutes last night than Stewart did for the match.Maybe Bridges should have the run of games Stewart has had and then we could make a judgement.Also I found it strange Madjo was not given a start or brought on earlier - he immediatley caused problems compared to the midget man attack we started with.

My judgement is out on Stewart at the moment but so far lets just say he hasn't impressed that much! He seems of the pace and seems to lack the edge to get into games and influence them as he should be?!

I also hear on the grape vine he is another that enjoys one too many down the watering holes of Bristol!! What is it with this club and the beer culture?! Perhaps is written in the contracts of the players? :dunno:

I for one would like to see Bridges given a chance with Brooker up front as out of the two he seems to have made more of a contribution than Stewart?

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived