IGNORED

Tinnion To Play For Cheltenham Reserves

scarz3

I don't care who hes playing for!look at the wasters hes put in are club i say no more!!!!!!

What Brooker and Heywood? Terrible. Brought through Cotteril, Lita, Skuse. Bought good footballers in like Partridge and Brown, even though they need to sort themselves out a bit. He wasn't a good amanger but he did some good things. Some people have a poor memory of what he did for BCFC in his playing days. Was dumped in at the deep end and unfortuantely failed.

What Brooker and Heywood? Terrible. Brought through Cotteril, Lita, Skuse. Bought good footballers in like Partridge and Brown, even though they need to sort themselves out a bit. He wasn't a good amanger but he did some good things. Some people have a poor memory of what he did for BCFC in his playing days. Was dumped in at the deep end and unfortuantely failed.

Well 4 of those players you have metioned have been arrested within the last year,I'm sorry to say but he left the club in poor state.

Players are unfit,very unbalanced squad.

Yes he played for club for a for few years,but he went about getting the job in the wrong way,

Now johnson has to reshaped the squad bring in new players which we thought wouldnt need to be done,

So in my view personally i don't care where hes playing ive moved on and now looking forward in the johnson era and i feel the club will have a more professional feel about the place than it did under tinnion.

:city:

Well 4 of those players you have metioned have been arrested within the last year,I'm sorry to say but he left the club in poor state.

Players are unfit,very unbalanced squad.

Yes he played for club for a for few years,but he went about getting the job in the wrong way,

Now johnson has to reshaped the squad bring in new players which we thought wouldnt need to be done,

So in my view personally i don't care where hes playing ive moved on and now looking forward in the johnson era and i feel the club will have a more professional feel about the place than it did under tinnion.

:city:

I'm not saying he did well but he did some good things- (Lita especially) and to say he brought in wasters is absolute crap. apart from those I've mentioned, Keogh is a promising player who should have been in the team last night instead of Fortune. Also Russell may well turn out to be a superb purchase if he can get fit soon. Yes, some players have been arrested lately but Johnson will sort it out and they will turn out to be good buys by Tinnion. The main problems with Tinnion was that he didn't know his best team or where to play some of the players. He also didn't spot that we had no one on the left! How did he go about getting the job the wrong way?! He put in for it, surely?! He didn't go in there and put a gun to anyone's head! You can move on- fair enough. We have a better manager.

Guest harveythompson

I don't care who hes playing for!look at the wasters hes put in are club i say no more!!!!!!

Another idiot, keep it shut mate if you don't have anything positive to say. The man made some good signings when he was chucked in at the deep end.

Guest harveythompson

Ooooo another one who thinks he's a moderator/censor - this is a forum where anyone can express their views

Ohhhh another one who think he is funny. I'm hardly trying to be a moderator i am just saying that tinman made some good signings.

AlexBCFC -

Keogh is a promising player who should have been in the team last night instead of Fortune. Also Russell may well turn out to be a superb purchase if he can get fit soon

The evidence is that Keough is not rated highly by GJ - he will bring anyone in on loan to play at CB instead of him. Your statement about Russell is just nonsensical. The hard truth is that Tins was not a good manager. This is borne out by the evidence of the results he achieved. He left GJ an average squad with some glaring holes: left back, left mid, pace up front. Need I go on!

AlexBCFC -

The evidence is that Keough is not rated highly by GJ - he will bring anyone in on loan to play at CB instead of him. Your statement about Russell is just nonsensical. The hard truth is that Tins was not a good manager. This is borne out by the evidence of the results he achieved. He left GJ an average squad with some glaring holes: left back, left mid, pace up front. Need I go on!

Keogh is rated by Johnson but he is not 'ready' yet. He played very well at Forest and also in one of the home games he played. He is only 18 I believe so give him time. Why is my statement about Russell- 'nonsensical'?! He may well turn out to be a good purchase- how is that nonsensical?! It may well be the truth.

I have said Tinnion wasn't a good manager, but he did bring in some good players and brought on the youth players.

Keogh is rated by Johnson but he is not 'ready' yet. He played very well at Forest and also in one of the home games he played. He is only 18 I believe so give him time. Why is my statement about Russell- 'nonsensical'?! He may well turn out to be a good purchase- how is that nonsensical?! It may well be the truth.

I have said Tinnion wasn't a good manager, but he did bring in some good players and brought on the youth players.

If GJ does rate Keough then why does he bring in younger and less experianced players on loan to play in his position? In the case of the latest loanee the guy is not even a CB but a LB! Actions speak louder than words and the evidence suggests that GJ does rate Keogh highly.

You were highlighting the signing of Russell of a good piece of business by Tins by saying he may turn out to be fantastic. He is just as likely to turn out to be long term injuried/average so using this signing as evidence of good work by Tins is nonsensical.

I am all for the academy but in my opinion Tins brought in too many young players too early. I would cite Goldbourne as an example of this.

What good players did Tins bring in?

If GJ does rate Keough then why does he bring in younger and less experianced players on loan to play in his position? In the case of the latest loanee the guy is not even a CB but a LB! Actions speak louder than words and the evidence suggests that GJ does rate Keogh highly.

You were highlighting the signing of Russell of a good piece of business by Tins by saying he may turn out to be fantastic. He is just as likely to turn out to be long term injuried/average so using this signing as evidence of good work by Tins is nonsensical.

I am all for the academy but in my opinion Tins brought in too many young players too early. I would cite Goldbourne as an example of this.

What good players did Tins bring in?

Keogh is 18 and will get his chance. I reckon he will turn out to be very useful as he is a ball winner and strong. Just because we have other players in doesn't mean Johnson doesn't rate him but more that Keogh isn't ready to be thrown into the deep end week in week out. Also, I never said that Johnson rated him 'highly'. I'm sorry, but how is 20 younger than 18. Both Charlton players are older and are rated highly by Charlton. They are also providing cover for Partridge and Heywood.

The signing of Russell was a decent purchase if popular opinion of Torquay fans and other team's fans is anything to go by. The fact that he has been injured is unlucky, especially as he has never been seriously injured before I don't think- though I will check it out.

Yes he brought in some players too soon like Golbourne, who did play quite well last season when given the chance, and I have said he wasn't the best manager.

What good players?

Brooker, Heywood, Brown, Partridge (they are good players regardless of recent incidents) and even Orr has done well at right back finally. Marcus Stewart can't really be classed as a Tinnion signing as he wanted to come but no one was moaning at the time. Grant Smith hasn't been given a chance in his preferred position yet so we can't really judge him yet. This is also true of Bridges who hasn't started many games. As I look at, the only really bad purchases were Jamie Smith and Tony Dinning.

Both Charlton players are older and are rated highly by Charlton. They are also providing cover for Partridge and Heywood.

This is Keoughs job! He is even behind Fortune in GJ's selections......

What good players?

Brooker, Heywood, Brown, Partridge (they are good players regardless of recent incidents) and even Orr has done well at right back finally. Marcus Stewart can't really be classed as a Tinnion signing as he wanted to come but no one was moaning at the time. Grant Smith hasn't been given a chance in his preferred position yet so we can't really judge him yet. This is also true of Bridges who hasn't started many games. As I look at, the only really bad purchases were Jamie Smith and Tony Dinning.

Heywood is average. Partridge had a poor start and has picked up to average - I would expect more for the fee we paid. If you think Orr is a good player then we have to accept that our opinions will differ! The same can be said of both Smiths. Russel may have been good for Torquay but he is, basically, a 4th journeyman. I am not expecting him to be the messiah. Brooker I like and Brown shows good promise.

I am speaking about facts and the performances I have seen so far not my future hopes and expectations.

This is Keoughs job! He is even behind Fortune in GJ's selections......

Heywood is average. Partridge had a poor start and has picked up to average - I would expect more for the fee we paid. If you think Orr is a good player then we have to accept that our opinions will differ! The same can be said of both Smiths. Russel may have been good for Torquay but he is, basically, a 4th journeyman. I am not expecting him to be the messiah. Brooker I like and Brown shows good promise.

I am speaking about facts and the performances I have seen so far not my future hopes and expectations.

One of the only mistakes I think Johnson has made is putting Fortune infront of Keogh! Even good managers make mistakes...as Johnson found out from Fortune on Tuesday night.

Heywood has been better than average and in the 8 games he has played we have only conceeded 7 goals while he has been on the pitch! I'm willing to bet that he has the best games to goals conceeded ratio of the defenders by quite some way ! If he had been fit we certainly wouldn't have lost 7-1 to Swansea, a game where Keogh was our best defender by far, which says a lot! He makes a big difference at the back, especially when you look at the games he has missed. Perhaps if he was playing instead of Fortune in both the Barnet games we would have been going through in at least one game if not two. I have seen every game except Barnet away and Heywood has been exactly what we wanted- a big centre back that can head the ball away. He isn't fast or a good passer but he doesn't pretend to be.

Partridge has had a poor start but since Johnson came in he has been good, and 3 goals conceeded from 3 games is not bad, especially when you have Woodman playing in your defence with you. Orr is good at right back, but I accept that Tinnion got it wrong when he signed him as a midfielder.

I'm not expecting Russell to be a messiah either, I never made him out to be and nor did anyone else. But what he shoudl bring is some much needed experience in the middle of the park. I don't accept your point about him being a 4th division journeyman either if that is what you meant. He did well by alla ccounts in this league last year and wanted to leave Torquay to avoid playing in the 4th division again. Surely that shows that he isn't. Also, Tinnion played in the 3rd division for most of his career and I wouldn't have called him a 3rd division joureyman as he was clearly better than this but showed loyalty(though perhaps he could have shown more ambition).

As for the two Smith's I have already said that Jamie was a poor signing. We can't tell with Grant Smith as he hasn't played in his proper position yet.

You say you are talking about facts- how is saying Heywood is average a fact?! A fact would be that he has conceeded less goals than games he has been in. And the analysis of that would be that he is a decent defender surely?

Orr is good at right back

Orr has had one good game at right back. He still can't pass and his first touch is poor.

I don't accept your point about Russsell him being a 4th division journeyman either

Where has he spent the majority of his career then?

Tinnion played in the 3rd division for most of his career and I wouldn't have called him a 3rd division joureyman as he was clearly better than this but showed loyalty(though perhaps he could have shown more ambition).

I may be wrong but I never heard of any serious bids from higher level clubs? The fact is that he spent most of his career in the 3rd division. Lack of pace and a right foot stopped him playing at a higher level it was not by choice.

We can't tell with Grant Smith as he hasn't played in his proper position yet.

I feel that if he had any real quality it would have shown up in training and he would be starting games by now. If not at least being given 20 minutes as a sub.

You say you are talking about facts- how is saying Heywood is average a fact?!

Another player that has spent the majority of his career in the 3rd division. Therefore I conclude an average 3rd division defender.

Their are exceptions to the rule but the cream generally rises to the top!

Archived