IGNORED

We Need A Goal Poacher...

Robbored

Thorpe or Cureton. Both out of favour at Swindon and both good goal poachers.

Thorpe's career has gone nowhere since he left City for pastures new but no-one can deny that he scored loads of goals for City in the three years he was at the club.Over 60 I think.He was just the type of goalscorer that we need now.

I don't know much about Cureton other than he scored loads for the Gas and then for Reading but like Thorpe he did nothing at QPR nor at Swindon.Maybe they are both has beens.....but it was just a thought.

Recent experiences have told me never to go back. And even longer ago than recently, it's never the same.

I must admit I lept with joy when I heard murray was returning, but my excitement was greater than anything he has produced since, sadly.

This all applies to Thorpe not Cureton who I don't think will ever be able to play here without abuse from the crowd, no matter what he did on the pitch. He is one of the Ex Rovers players who could never make the change from blue to red.

Regarding Thorpe, not the most appealing player to he fans either. The way he arrived, the way he left and good and bad inbetween.

Scoring goals is what all clubs obviously want to do so finding a prooven goalscorer that is available and 'ticks all the right boxes' is difficult. Gary has gone to charlton twice already, maybe they could loan us one, but you can't loan anyone without it being essential can you??? I can't see how we will be allowed as we have so many forwards already. The fact that only one is consistantly injured, Brooker our only regular scorer, and the rest can't find any form is problbly not a good enough reason!

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Tony Thorpe always get you goals,looking back he probably feels he should of never left,gets the whole crowd going as well with oh tony thorpe etc,he likes the club and if we could grab him on a free do it,he can score goals got us to a ldv final and almost promotion in a similar position as we our in now

I think the strikers we have will come good. I didn't see the Barnet game but if we had alot of clean cut opportunities and missed I'd say that was probably the first time this season that's happened. Our problem up till now has been creating more than half chances, it might take a couple of games but if we keep it up I'm sure Brooker Stewart and Bridges will bag them consistently.

As for Cureton and Thorpe, no way. Neither is better than what we have and I see no reason to help Swindon out.

Nibor

I can honestly say that I never thought that Bristol City would have players like Michael Bridges and Marcus Stewart in their squad, only for our fans todebate whether Tony Thorpe should return to AG!

It's almost surreal.

Supporting City gets stranger and stranger. For what it's worth, opinion was divided about TT when he was here and I doubt he would be welcomed back or that he would have what it takes to turn our fortunes around.

Stewart has been a proven goalscorer throughout his entire career.He's one of the coolest finishers you'll ever see.

With his track record he should be the one player thats "poaching" goals for City and if you ask the question why he's not then you have to look at where Stewart is playing.He appears to adopt the role of playing in the "hole" which means that he's not getting into goalscoring positions as often as his might.

Maybe Johnson should look at that before he starts trying to get loan strikers in.

First off... There are other teams! Leave us alone!?!?!? Have you not learned?

Thorpe and Cureton are avaliable for loan.

Cureton and Stewart in a Bristol City XI... Are you people mad? Whatever happened to once a rival always a rival?

Thorpe returning to one of his many clubs where he wouldn't be welcomed back by the majority? Hmmm

You're more likely to snatch Fallon in January to be honest.

I wouldn't be sure if Onuora would be willing to do business with you... I have absolutely no basis for that thought though!

Perhaps GJ was just trying to keep the strikers on their toes.

When fit and not in the company of the law, Brooker does a vital job for us up front, using his power and heading ability, not to mention a cool finish when put through.

Between Bridges and Stewart there should be the goalscorer that we need to compliment Brooks. If either of them ar being used wrong tactically then you question the coaching staff.

GJ must know that wingers and full-backs are a priorityin City's unbalanced squad.

Thorpe or Cureton. Both out of favour at Swindon and both good goal poachers.

Thorpe's career has gone nowhere since he left City for pastures new but no-one can deny that he scored loads of goals for City in the three years he was at the club.Over 60 I think.He was just the type of goalscorer that we need now.

I don't know much about Cureton other than he scored loads for the Gas and then for Reading but like Thorpe he did nothing at QPR nor at Swindon.Maybe they are both has beens.....but it was just a thought.

Jesus wept.

Archived