IGNORED

Tinnion - Please Sign For Cheltenham

richieb

And gets to understand why they are not the best of pals.

:disapointed2se:

Can't believe we are still paying him. He resigned & what other club would keep paying a manager who had failed in his task.

BT reversed the fortunes of the club & didn't have the respect of the senior players (when player or manager) - do we really want this influence within the ranks?

I thought he should have started his 'off pitch' career as Academy coach - But I have doubts about this now.

IMHO GJ will be nuts to have BT back in ANY type of capacity.

BT divided the fan base & cause the whole atmosphere at the Gate to sink to the Pulis era.

What benefit will bringing him back have ? Will the rest of the squad be comfortable with him back as a player. He is not a team man & he is HISTORY.

Lets keep it that way.

The feel good factor is again ringing around the Gate & it would be crazy to give any reason to affect this.

Well Richie, "Nuts" is conducting his look at the club from top to bottom. I'm sure if he wants Tinnion to remain in any sort of capacity, or want him gone, "Nuts" will make his feeling known.

Tinnion has his pride. He has never turned his back on the club, therefore, he is still under contract with BCFC until he is told he is not needed.

I think Tinnion has a year or so left in him in a playing capacity. Not in league one,. but in the lower leagues if he decides to go that route. I for one, would welcome him in a coaching role - maybe within the academy or under 18s.

But the decision lies with "Nuts"

when will you give up this vindictive and unnecessary assault - your comments are poorly judged and ill-timed. The man has a family to support, stepped down from the role of first team manager and is awaiting the outcome of a review of the club's structure. This nonsense about taking us backwards is just that- nonsense- give it a rest!!

Well Richie, "Nuts" is conducting his look at the club from top to bottom. I'm sure if he wants Tinnion to remain in any sort of capacity, or want him gone, "Nuts" will make his feeling known.

Tinnion has his pride. He has never turned his back on the club, therefore, he is still under contract with BCFC until he is told he is not needed.

I think Tinnion has a year or so left in him in a playing capacity. Not in league one,. but in the lower leagues if he decides to go that route. I for one, would welcome him in a coaching role - maybe within the academy or under 18s.

But the decision lies with "Nuts"

It's only my opinion & while I think GJ would be "nuts", it's a decision I am sure he would make in the best interests of BCFC.

Could well be that Academy is the direction.

I was thinking this was a good idea, instead of manager. But maybe it's time for the BT name to move on & set his stall up for the managers position elsewhere.

Will be an interesting call from GJ.

Now SL is back from holiday, the review will be dealt with real soon.

Can't believe we are still paying him. He resigned & what other club would keep paying a manager who had failed in his task.

BT reversed the fortunes of the club & didn't have the respect of the senior players (when player or manager) - do we really want this influence within the ranks?

I thought he should have started his 'off pitch' career as Academy coach - But I have doubts about this now.

BT divided the fan base & cause the whole atmosphere at the Gate to sink to the Pulis era.

What benefit will bringing him back have ? Will the rest of the squad be comfortable with him back as a player. He is not a team man & he is HISTORY.

Lets keep it that way.

The feel good factor is again ringing around the Gate & it would be crazy to give any reason to affect this.

eeerr who said he was coming back?

we continue to pay him as contracts within the football world are based on fixed price for a fixed time, therefor even if he was sacked/resigned we have to either pay up the remainder of his contract or come to a financial agreement with Brian to end the contract.

when will you give up this vindictive and unnecessary assault - your comments are poorly judged and ill-timed. The man has a family to support, stepped down from the role of first team manager and is awaiting the outcome of a review of the club's structure. This nonsense about taking us backwards is just that- nonsense- give it a rest!!

Sorry for having an opinion :disapointed2se:

It's how I feel & as he is back in the news, I thought that I would put my opinion on a forum.

So in your opinion (and you have every right to express it) - we didn't slip backwards under BT. ?

It's nonsense that we found ourselves in a relegation position. Yep,thats progress.

Why is it we continue to feel sorry for a guy, who while was a decent player/servant, failed us when it came to management.

Get him moved on - thats my opinion.

eeerr who said he was coming back?

we continue to pay him as contracts within the football world are based on fixed price for a fixed time, therefor even if he was sacked/resigned we have to either pay up the remainder of his contract or come to a financial agreement with Brian to end the contract.

You are actually right. No one has said he is coming back.

What we should have done is sorted out a financial settlement & severed links.

Then there would be no - "Is he or isn't he".

So we have a Manager who is 3 or 4 weeks into the job and he has had a holiday already?

Good spot - got my GJ's & SL's mixed up.

Sorted it now.

:doh:

Lets keep it that way.

Anyone fancy a game of spot the difference?

I am not the one continuing to grieve the BT era.

GJ is in charge & we move on. :D

I think the whole forum knows your opinion on the subject of Tins- would be good if you could move on rather than continue in such disparaging fashion at any and every opportunity. We have had a tough start to the season but it is just that- the club has not suffered some cataclismic disaster and been set back as you suggest. Still have every opportunity of achieving promotion, while we have balanced the budget a lot more effectively than during earlier eras and brought through a number of academy players who may not otherwise have been given a chance, while a number of "problem"players have left. Sure the results were not great but taking the club backwards to the extent you suggest- don't agree.

you also seem to ignore we have contractual obligations as a club..........

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's just tired of reading it.

Anyone fancy a game of spot the difference?

Difference being - that I thought we had seen the back of BT - but it appears that some are expecting him to come back.

Lets get him off to Cheltenham - off the payroll - then we can MOVE ON.

I think the whole forum knows your opinion on the subject of Tins- would be good if you could move on rather than continue in such disparaging fashion at any and every opportunity. We have had a tough start to the season but it is just that- the club has not suffered some cataclismic disaster and been set back as you suggest. Still have every opportunity of achieving promotion, while we have balanced the budget a lot more effectively than during earlier eras and brought through a number of academy players who may not otherwise have been given a chance, while a number of "problem"players have left. Sure the results were not great but taking the club backwards to the extent you suggest- don't agree.

So others can have a view on BT - I can't ? - It may differ from yours & is that any reason why I shouldn't contribute to a story that has surfaced?

And going form a play-off team to a relegation team in 15 months isn't my idea of just having a 'tough start'. We were in free fall & SL rightly got it sorted. How Laycock thought BT should be given more time - I do not know. And a you are right - all is not lost, but that is because we took action & GJ has breathed new belief in the squad. Albeit he is now finding that the team possibly wasn't as good as he first thought & we were led to believe.

you also seem to ignore we have contractual obligations as a club..........

Not ignoring - many managers depart clubs & settelment is sorted - Why are we 6/7 weeks down the road & still to sort out our ex managers compensation ?

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's just tired of reading it.

So don't read it - simple as that.

Difference being - that I thought we had seen the back of BT - but it appears that some are expecting him to come back.

Lets get him off to Cheltenham - off the payroll - then we can MOVE ON.

Why did you think that? It's always been made perfectly clear that he was being kept on the payroll while Gary Johnson does a fullscale review of the staff and structure at the club. Maybe it was Johnson himself who asked for that to be the case?

Nothing's changed.

You seem to like Johnson so you should trust him to make the right decision for the club. A decision that will be made on a footballing basis and not based in some bitter and vindictive hate campaign I'm sure.

How long were we paying Wilson after he left the club by the way?

Entitled to your view- noted not to read it going forward- at least if it is Tins related. We went form a team that failed to get promoted to a team that had a bad start to the season. Tins for whatever reasons will not go down in history as a success but this idea that he somehow took the club backwards is something I cannot agree with. The club in my view is better set for success now than it was when DW left.

Why did you think that? It's always been made perfectly clear that he was being kept on the payroll while Gary Johnson does a fullscale review of the staff and structure at the club. Maybe it was Johnson himself who asked for that to be the case?

You could well be right - GJ may have BT lined up for a position within the club. As I said IMHO I hope this is not the case.

You seem to like Johnson so you should trust him to make the right decision for the club. A decision that will be made on a footballing basis and not based in some bitter and vindictive hate campaign I'm sure.

GJ will make the decision & if he was asked to consider BT then I am sure he will know all the history & will make his own judgement. Apart from Gillingham there aren't many Managers who come in & have to consider their predecesor for a position within the club. And saying that I don't think AH resigned, just felt he could help the club in a different capacity.

How long were we paying Wilson after he left the club by the way?

Different scenario - we knew that DW was moved out & that he wasn't likely to be kept on the payroll. And wasn't it 24 hours after the sacking that BT was appt - ??

Entitled to your view- noted not to read it going forward- at least if it is Tins related. We went form a team that failed to get promoted to a team that had a bad start to the season. Tins for whatever reasons will not go down in history as a success but this idea that he somehow took the club backwards is something I cannot agree with. The club in my view is better set for success now than it was when DW left.

Great game this - full of opinions.

If I were a manager & looking to take over a club. I would prefer a team fresh out of the play-offs, than I would struggling at the foot of the table.

I don't see a 7-1 defeat at Swansea - progress

:dunno:

So Tinman was "judged", how will GJ be judged, by statistics ?

GJ, last 3 games as manager P3- W1-D0-L2- GF 3 - GA 4......... Not entirely an awe inspiring 3 games, hardly God like, and 3 of his players embroiled in after hours "activities".

Not a critique, merely putting the same torch to GJ as the forum applied to Tinman.

Statistics can make you look good or bad, depending on the writer or the critereon

For what it's worth, I agree totally with richie, Bringing him back in any capacity would be amateurish (a bit like letting your ex missus move in with you and your new missus) it would undermine the new manager and not be good for morale, It would highlight all the reasons why BCFC have become a joke in the football world.

Remember him as good and loyal footballer and stop this crap about bringing him back now, Lets move on.

Great game this - full of opinions.

If I were a manager & looking to take over a club. I would prefer a team fresh out of the play-offs, than I would struggling at the foot of the table.

I don't see a 7-1 defeat at Swansea - progress

:dunno:

I wouldn't. That team will be on a downer, players will have left and there will be huge expectation to get the club promoted.

Compare that with the position Gary Johnson has taken over in. No expectations of promotion, far less pressure and time to build his own squad whilst picking up a reasonable set of results.

Let's face it, if Johnson gets us to the last game of this season with a chance of promotion he certainly won't be hounded as fiercely as Tinnion was. Tinnion did that in his 1st season and people wanted him out.

Far better to take over in the position that Johnson did than the one Tinnion did in my opinion.

I wouldn't. That team will be on a downer, players will have left and there will be huge expectation to get the club promoted.

Compare that with the position Gary Johnson has taken over in. No expectations of promotion, far less pressure and time to build his own squad whilst picking up a reasonable set of results.

Let's face it, if Johnson gets us to the last game of this season with a chance of promotion he certainly won't be hounded as fiercely as Tinnion was. Tinnion did that in his 1st season and people wanted him out.

Far better to take over in the position that Johnson did than the one Tinnion did in my opinion.

There is simply no point in trying to discuss Brian Tinnion with richieb. He clearly hates the man and nothing will change his view on this.

Its with some relief that I'm not allowed to join the supporters club and therefore don't have to hear this rant ad nauseum on a matchday.

For what it's worth, I agree totally with richie, Bringing him back in any capacity would be amateurish (a bit like letting your ex missus move in with you and your new missus) it would undermine the new manager and not be good for morale, It would highlight all the reasons why BCFC have become a joke in the football world.

Remember him as good and loyal footballer and stop this crap about bringing him back now, Lets move on.

The night time activities would be fun though!

Guest citycityman

in his last season of playing he was past it, He couldnt keep up with the pace of our current league which is vital, Johnson would never pick him in our team at the moment, why people are syaing he should come back and play for us is beyond me... LETS MOVE ON, forgett Tinnion, if we got him back he's probably start meddling with the team which GJ wouldnt approve of.Lets leave it as he was a legend and he's gone... NO NO NO.

To be honest I'd love to see him back working with the Academy. Being a good coach and being a good manager are two different things. Tinns has a decent eye for a player (he did find Lita and brought through a number of 1st teamers from the academy). I can't see how it would undemine the manager when it would be the managers decision to bring him in following his review. Not sure why it would be bad for morale either. All the talk about there being no respect for Tins etc is just that as far as I'm aware.... I don't recall any player being quoted as slagging him off or criticising him. Mainly just "my mate was speaking to..." comments. :dunno:

Richieb,

Have you been personally slighted by Tinnion in some way? Did you see him in Tesco's and he refused to acknowledge you? Did he once walk into one of your children? Did you hear him say "Phoar, look at that" and turn round to see him looking at your wife?

Why so much vitriol against Tinnion? Come on, get it off your chest. All these endless vindictive bitter attacks can't be good for your health.

There is simply no point in trying to discuss Brian Tinnion with richieb. He clearly hates the man and nothing will change his view on this.

Don't hate the guy. Just believe he shouldn't have been given the job & after 15 months I was proved right !! I still believe he manipulated his appt & lot of other fans agree. I don't like seeing MY club being put on that slippry slope. I believe the club was ripped apart while he was in charge.

Its with some relief that I'm not allowed to join the supporters club and therefore don't have to hear this rant ad nauseum on a matchday.

For a start no one is NOT allowed to join the Supporters Club. If you have applied then your membership would have been given every consideration. In the time I was on the commitee, no one was refused.

And if you were in the club, you would have heard that I wasn't the only concerned fan regarding BT's tenure. In fact I would say the club has rediscovered its atmosphere since he has gone.

Richieb,

Have you been personally slighted by Tinnion in some way? Did you see him in Tesco's and he refused to acknowledge you? Did he once walk into one of your children? Did you hear him say "Phoar, look at that" and turn round to see him looking at your wife?

Actually, I often see him in Tesco's. But he & his Mrs are pretty quick shoppers !!! And believe it or not - he has actually cast an eye over my partner. I didn't think BT should have been manager & I didn't like some of the things I heard before his appt. Maybe one day, something will happen that influences your opinions. He proved what many of us thought.

Why so much vitriol against Tinnion? Come on, get it off your chest. All these endless vindictive bitter attacks can't be good for your health.

Vitriol,bitterness,vindictiveness etc etc, are just daming words used by a few posters against me. And just to try & deflect the issue. Lets make richieb's views out to be this way.

The bottom line is I have an opinion, I have a view. If it's not as yours then so be it.

And try asking DW what, vitriol & vindictiveness mean.

Vitriol,bitterness,vindictiveness etc etc, are just daming words used by a few posters against me. And just to try & deflect the issue.

And it could equally be argued your constant suggestion that Tinnion manipulated his appointment is just a damning phrase used by you against Tinnion. And is just done to muddy his name.

Apparently it's standard practice in football for the club to 'support' ex-Managers financially. Marton O'Neill is currently paid £500k a year by Celtic, although he did leave for personal reasons. However, Gordon Strachan has also said that he was paid by both Southampton and Coventry, when he had no 'advisory' input at all.

With regrds Tinman making a return, he has always struck me as both very proud and very stubborn. You just wonder how much he was hurt by both the disappointment of failing and the fans' response, and therefore a return in any capacity seems extremely unlikely.

Oooh 2 unnecessary attacks on Tinnion in 2 days Richie? Got more bites with this one than yesterday's though.

Does your missus have a thing for him or something? Such hate is hard to understand.

Nibor

But the main thing is:

QUOTE(richieb @ Sep 26 2005, 11:51 PM) *

I am not the one continuing to grieve the BT era.

GJ is in charge & we move on. biggrin.gif

:rofl2br:

Oooh 2 unnecessary attacks on Tinnion in 2 days Richie? Got more bites with this one than yesterday's though.

Not attacks - just my opinions.

Does your missus have a thing for him or something? Such hate is hard to understand.I can't begin to tell what she said about him !! But it's a Nailsea thing !!!

Nibor

richieb Posted Today, 4:00 PM

I can't begin to tell what she said about him !! But it's a Nailsea thing !!!

Yes and I bet you gave her ample opportunity to form her own opinion and didn't whisper any of your poison in her ear at all. :disapointed2se:

I'm sure you guided him away from the drinks aisle too and told him he didn't deserve one.

:rofl2br:

Archived