IGNORED

If The Ball Goes In Off The Ref......

Coin-op

I remember on one of the Danny Baker's "Own Goals & Gaffs" videos that a shot went in off the ref and counted.

Funniest thing was that he went off like he was celebrating.

Ah yes, I remember that.

"And that's just a tap in for the referee."

Classic.

I remember on one of the Danny Baker's "Own Goals & Gaffs" videos that a shot went in off the ref and counted.

Funniest thing was that he went off like he was celebrating.

I have Danny Bakers Own Goals and Gaffs 2 and ya thats indeed one of the clips. very funny. Also has Ryan Giigs looking like a tit not being able to take a throw-in and trying to blame the ball or other player.

Guest MaloneFM

And if it bounced off the corner flag and into the goal that would count as well :blink:

Something Greg Goodridge used to try on a regular basis if memory serves.

Would definately count. My Dad told me about once one of his friends referee'd a friendly game and both teams agreed to play the 90 minutes and if the score was a draw they would play golden goal until someone scored for however long it would take. well about two hours into goalden goal extra time my Dads friend (the ref) was in the area when there was a corner and headed it in and blew the final whistle. 1-0 scored by the ref.

Guest Ronmeister

The referee counts as a part of the pitch; if it hits him and goes in it will stand as a goal.

Also if a goal kick is taken but blown into his own net by the wind (in a boomerang-stylee), it does not count as a goal.

I heard about it. Wigan did the same in a reserve game against Man Utd. about 4 weeks ago. The keeper dropkicked it, went over all the Man Utd Defenders and bounced over Tim Howard who was way off his line. Was brilliant. It was on Sky Sports. Wigan still lost though.

Archived