IGNORED

Article From The Local Cockerney Paper

Heathy33

And i quote

"Ian Holloway admits he still has his work cut out to curb Tommy Dohertys temper and get the best out of him. The QPR boss withdrew the spiky northern ireland midfielder after an hour of tuesday nights draw with plymouth because he feared the player might pick up his second red card of the season.

Doherty had been booked for a reckless foul near the touchline in the first half and appeared to be sailing close to the wind before Holloway removed him from the fray.

It has become a familiar problem for the 26 year old player, who appears sullen and uncommunicative when things are not going his way, or senses an injustice.

At his previuos club, Bristol City, he fell out of favour with then manager Brian Tinnion even though he was club captain and Holloway fears he has still not established a bond of trust with his combustible recruit. But he will need to sort it out quickly if Doherty is not to become a liability in high octane matches. "I took tommy off because i saw red mist in his eyes again" Holloway said. "I love the kid but he's got to sort his life out. I spoke to him about it and he apologised in the end. He's got to get to the bottom of why he finds it so frustrating. He's come to me at half time saying the referees given him a warning and told him "i'm going to do you next time." "I said, Why are you so frustrated then?, and he said he felt he wasn't being dealt with fairly out there."

"I told him", You've got to let that go Tom. If you can't get the ball to your wide man, and if he ain't there for you, don't have a go at th ref!"

"I saw him get booted up the backside and saw him lose his rag again and thought 'aye aye' because he becomes uncontrollable sometimes""Maybe he doesn't know me well enough yet, but he was angry with me bringing him off but at the end of the day its about team, shutyour mouth, sit there."

"Its about discipline. He's always had a short fuse and i was try going to try and cure him. He's slightly damaged goods, but i think he could be brilliant if i sort him out. He's already started better than i hoped he would, because he was going to come here and sit on the bench untill i got him fit.

The article then goes on to complain about how Tony Pulis has turned Plymouth into a really dull team. -

"frustrated by a typically unadventurous Tony Pulis team on tuesday, the visitors never really seemed in a great dealof a hurry to get on with things."

Well I believe you Healthy and am greatful that you took the trouble. Very interesting. When Doc first moved there I could see this happening, especially as holloway and himself maybe a little too alike to work well together.

Maybe he should send Doc on that anger management course Holloway featured in on that Tv programme?

Guest Legend City Man

Your right, I'd like to see the link aswell because some posters on here like to make up things.... But its ok on this occasion cus Holloway prob did say all that

Your right, I'd like to see the link aswell because some posters on here like to make up things.... But its ok on this occasion cus Holloway prob did say all that

Oh pi** of you t##*. Do you think i've got nothing better to do than sit and make that up? I posted it so that anyone who was interested could see whats going on up here where i live. If you can create a link to the copy of the ealing and acton gazette that is sitting on my desk your a cleverer man than me.

This is a bit rich coming from someone whos changed his name because he gets laughed at so much and abused for posting so much rubbish.

If you don't beleive it, don't read it. No one cares.

Oh pi** of you t##*. Do you think i've got nothing better to do than sit and make that up? I posted it so that anyone who was interested could see whats going on up here where i live. If you can create a link to the copy of the ealing and acton gazette that is sitting on my desk your a cleverer man than me.

This is a bit rich coming from someone whos changed his name because he gets laughed at so much and abused for posting so much rubbish.

No reason whatsoever to disbelieve it.

Only surprising thing is Hollowhead has a dig at Pulis. Aren't they close pals with one of them having been best man at the others' wedding? :dunno:

Well said Heathy. I for one am grateful that you have taken the trouble. It's exactly the sort of stuff that makes it worth looking at this forum which, let's face it, is 90% drivel.

The Holloway/Doherty union was always one worth keeping a close eye on and gem's like your extract make a terrific read. Well done the Gazette - which I remember well form many years ago.

Tell you what I will settle this for you! I am in London right now, what paper is it in - Will get a copy and scan the article in, if applicable!!!

Super. Ealing and Acton Gazette, October 21 edition. You might struggle to find a copy unless you live in out west though!

No reason whatsoever to disbelieve it.

Only surprising thing is Hollowhead has a dig at Pulis. Aren't they close pals with one of them having been best man at the others' wedding? :dunno:

I paraphrased slighly towards the end as i'm cr** at typing. That particular comment was made by the journalist writing the articvle rather than holloway himself.

Didn't know about the best man thing though.

:rofl2br:

But why would a cockney paper go onto say things about Pulis and Plymouth... Right I'm off to London to track down this paper..

Just a wild, off-the-wall guess but I'm going to suggest that maybe it's because QPR were playing Plymouth as the original post says very clearly?

Nibor

Aaaaah! You're all very welcome.

Tommy was dominating the game too. It must have been quite difficult for Hollowhead to take him off.

He sat in at the base of a diamond midfield and had loads of time on the ball. Plymouth were not closing him down and he was doing some damage. Some of his cross-field passes were great. He didn't do a lot of running for the football so he may have lasted longer than the customary 75 minutes.

He was, however having a running battle with the ref (I mean it literally): he ran 50 yards to have a go on one occasion, calling him all the f's etc. There was no need for it and a total waste of effort. When Plymouth scored, he almost looked as if he was throwng up, he was that knackered.

Not a lot changes.

I Work with Q P Ha Ha fans, and they rate his agressive game, but they say he's still only good for 70 or so minutes barfing, and needing a woodbine too. :rofl2br:

No mention of the fiery temper yet, they are pee'd off wi Hollowhead though- the Tinman style subs do their heads in! :D

I REPEAT .....

WHO

CARES

HE IS A QPR PLAYER AND ALSO THIS THING ABOUT HOLLOW HEAD?? WHY DOE SIT CONCREN US!!

I care mate. The lad is from bristol,. city through and through. One of the most talanted players to come out of the acadamy (or centre of exellence as it might of been when he first appeared.) And its nice to know how he is progressing as a player.

Open your mind a bit mate, there is a whole world of football about, not just bcfc.

Posts like yours are not really worth posting on a forum, it adds ###### all to a thread, except mindless crap.

Archived