IGNORED

Quinn Signs On Loan

swalescider

Brooker's been grounded.

Quinn's an adequate replacement.. if he does well who knows/cares about Brooker (who, incidentally, I've strongly defended in the past against criticism from the numpties)?

The Club, at the moment, has players who seemingly would disgrace a pub team with their alleged off-the-field antics. Get rid of .. they've the potential to destroy our Club.

Oh yes, and by the way for those players/fans who've forgotten, we are an extremely average third division Club ... an international player is a luxury at our level.

Thank our lucky stars that our Chairman hasn't thrown in the towel 'cause, despite having City running through my veins over the last 40 years, even I would have thought twice about investing anymore in what is a load of unthankful rabble.

Good on you Steve L... keep the faith. You deserve success.

An "extremely average third division club" we may be, does that mean that we should sign players who are too old to improve us in the long term, at the expense of other players?

An "extremely average third division club" we may be, does that mean that we should sign players who are too old to improve us in the long term, at the expense of other players?

Players who are too old to improve us in the long term........................like Marcus "Spare Tyre" Stewart you mean!!

Players who are too old to improve us in the long term........................like Marcus "Spare Tyre" Stewart you mean!!

I didn't mean him, but I do think that the euphoria of his arrival clouded the reality that we had a player at the end of his career coming here.

However, Stewart has the quality to score goals, that much is clear. Can the same be said for Quinn? I really don't know.

It also seemed strange to me that Mr. Quinn's talents deemed superior to those of Messieurs. Brooker, Madjo, Gillespie, Cotterill, Bridges and Stewart, or at least all but one of those.

I agree mostly with what you are saying and nothing would have pleased me more to see Stewart, Bridges or Gilly banging in the goals but bottom line is Brooker aside all of the above have not exactly been consistent. Now Brooker is injured, for all we know it might be a couple of weeks before he gets fit so who to replace him? Madjo might have scored the other day but still too much of a gamble to pin high expectations on him. Is Gilly still injured? He scored his 1st then has been out injured since. Again is it too much of a gamble to pin all our hopes on him. He has potential as does Cotteril but we don't have time to sit and wait and hope for them to discover the scoring touch. Stewart & Bridges high pedigree and everyone expected more from them. They haven't delivered what we need.

GJ clearly knows what he wants. And he's going out there to get it. If any of the 6 above have ambitions and desire to better their games and to quite Mr. J himself 'affect games' then now is the time for them to prove it. As he said the other day he wants to see improvements now and doesn't have time to wait for our current players to decide if they are up for the fight.

Journeyman player he may be but he has scored goals. He was quite important to Blackpool and scored lots for them. I remember him being a handful against us. I wonder who was managing West Brom when they signed him for half a mil?

Also if I recall he had a very successful loan spell at the Gas...not that it takes much to impress them. For a months loan worth a try. I believe GJ will know pretty quickly if he is worth a place ahead of any of the others.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I feel its a good signing we need the height so many crossess our missed with no hieght.good cover for Brooker and I think both Stewart and Bridges can feed of him with his headers

We've been here before.

How dare the manager of the mighty Bristol City (big club, sleeping giant, blah, blah, blah) even think about a loan signing from lowly Peterborough. :grr:

Last time, after all the moaning, the player (Ireland) turned out - surprise, surprise - to be quite good. Indeed, if we hadn't been shafted by Barry Fry and prevented at the last moment from signing him permanently, who knows how last season might have turned out?

Let's hope the moaners are silenced in a similar way tomorrow :city:

Cant believe some people on here :grr:

How can you slag someone off even before he's put a shirt on?

I judge a player on what he does for this club not what he's done in the past.

If any set of fans should know that a big name or big money signing doesnt always mean a good signing then it should be us.

Lets trust GJ's opinion, he knows what the team needs more than any of us, even if it turns out to be a short term deal but helps get us up the league then its worth it.

:englandsmile4wf: and :city:

Got no beef wi another player comin in, BUT, a palayer from a team which got relegated???

Things MUST be bad if Quinn is the best we can manage! My Scottish cousin (A City fan for ten years!) laughed when I gave him the good news- hysterically. Slagged off Dinning, werent proved wrong by him, or by the pieman the season before either.

Its all about ambition, and Div 2 strikers without THAT much of an impressive record worry the hell out of me!!

BTW, City ARE a bigger club, than poxy Peterboro, at least at the moment...........f all to do wi sleepin giant

I wonder if this thread is turning out to be the first knockings of the "Johnson Out" campaign or "I never wanted him in the first place" hindsight rant that will surely occur, given that we are in for a bumpy ride for a few months at least while he sorts out an over-rated bunch of unprofessional numpties.

I'd swap all our beer swilling fancy danns with the 'journeymen' who make up the Plymouth's, Wigan's, Cardiff's, Brighton's of this world.

Wilson's idea that we could build a team of lightweight 'talented' players to get us out of this diabolical division was flawed from day one. We need steel, commitment, teamwork. I'm afraid a team of willing battlers will beat a team of half-hearted bottlers who think they're god's gift to football on every occasion. I think at least GJ understands that.

Passion, pride... let's hope GJ's importing some of that with Quinny, rather than big-headed prats.

You cut your cloth to what's required... we're a 3rd rate football team who need 3rd rate, but willing and committed players, to get us to the next level. Then we can think about adding some quality... but not before.

Evolution not Revolution unless you've got Abro's wealth I'm afraid. Regrettable its taken so long for those in command to realise it.

No complaints from me bout Gary Johnson, just a player like Quinn, who I don't personally rate. Agree bout fancy dans, but Quinn aint anything like the Brighton, Plymuff or QP Ha Ha players, and nowhere near good enough for the likes of Lu'on, Dull, and Wigan.

Quinn won't score for you but it very good in holding up play. I was abit disapointed to see Quinn go, he was inspirational in the playoff final

That's what I remember of him and I think that's what earned him good reviews when he was on loan at the Gas because he actually brought some talent to their front line IIRC.

Does anyone remember if we tried to sign him from Blackpool before he went to West Brom or was that just fans wishful thinking back then?

Nobody has slagged anybody off.

It might be a good idea to read posts before you start criticising.

Rumbellow, did you not read my last post?

I said its all well and good having somebody who is 31 years old banging them in for us for the next few months, but what about after that? I'd rather look to the future at this point.

It just seems an odd signing to me, but I obviously hope he does well.

So the he's too old and why have we signed a player from a division below us posts is backing him is it

:blink:

What the hells wrong with him banging in the goals for the next few months?

I'm sick and tired of "looking into the future" i couldnt care less if we had a team of 31 year olds if it got us out of this poor division.

We need promotion badly, all the other things will fall much easier into place if we're in the championship.

Then you'll be able to attract the younger quality players, and then you can start looking into a much brighter future.

In a perfect world i'd love to see a young lad banging the goals in for us but if we don't go up we'll have to sell them anyway to balance the books, so we'll be back to square one again(ring a bell?).

:englandsmile4wf: and :city:

No complaints from me bout Gary Johnson, just a player like Quinn, who I don't personally rate. Agree bout fancy dans, but Quinn aint anything like the Brighton, Plymuff or QP Ha Ha players, and nowhere near good enough for the likes of Lu'on, Dull, and Wigan.

Bit of an odd one that bucksred; no complaints about G.J but then you go on to doubt his decision :dunno: G.J is a proven good manager, unlike the midfielder we had before :o lets let him manage and us support. Bit radicule I know :)

Bit of an odd one that bucksred; no complaints about G.J but then you go on to doubt his decision :dunno: G.J is a proven good manager, unlike the midfeilder we had before :o lets let him manage and us support. Bit radicule I know :)

Mate, its strange one to say the least. I Think Quinn is pants, and not good enough for us. Cant BELEIVE hes the best we can find.............. :disapointed2se: Radical concept supporting the manager-strangely, I never booed Wonderson or Tinman, and didnt rate either!! (OK, I lied booed Wonderson at Wycombe, and Tinman at Lu'on, but THEY were exceptionally bad performances!!, and I was far from being alone)

Even a pro club man like yourself must be a little disappointed that this is the best we can do? He's a journeyman with very little on his CV to suggest he'll be anything more than average. I'd prefer to see the raw unpredictability of Madjo if given the choice. GJ will need to be a genius to make this one work.

Some fans are never happy !!

:disapointed2se:

Perhaps if BT had signed JQ you would have at least given him a chance :doh:

Still appreciate your thoughts, as this is a forum to express your views. :D

You really need to try and move on. :rofl2br:

yep, but, presumably if we sign him then the loan went well, whats the problem

That means he'll have had a full month playing first team football.

When have Bridges or Gillespie ever had that luxury?

Quinn may be a different type of player that we need at the moment, but surely only as a filler-in, not a potential permanent signing.

If he does O.K., and is signed, it's almost certain Gillespie and Bridges, at least, will be off in January and presumably Madjo will not be offered permanent terms.

He's going to have to be an incredibly effective 31 year old to make me accept the loss of so much other potential.

Hope Quinn does well while he's in a City shirt of course, but looks like GJ may now have ruled out the possibility of signing Jeavons in the near future. May have been an unrealistic hope but i bet i'm not the only one who thought the GJ connection might swing it.

And as GJ has stated City need a goal poacher, presumably yet another striker will be on the way by the end of January?

To me Quinn should only be viewed as a potential permanent signing if he is a revelation, not if he proves to be just a solid, low scoring line leader and aeriel battler.

If BT had signed James Quinn you'd have been the first to shout about it being the final roll of the dice for a desperate man!

I'm surprised more than disappointed that we've signed Quinn. The comments from Gary Johnson suggested he was looking for a predator, which is a tag you could never pin on Quinn. I was expecting him to pluck a young, free scoring starlet from a Premiership reserve team - perhaps he'll still do this?

Hopefully Quinn will do the business and grab some goals whilst he's here. He'll definately be of more use than Marcus Stewart when Sir Chipalot is in his prime.

Archived