IGNORED

Mr Sterwart

DOLMANDAN

Despite all the denials the club would give you, the removal of this post and my impending ban, it is a fairly safe bet to assume that Mr Stewart likes a drink and has entered the comfort zone of the Bristol City Drinking and Fighting Club (with the odd burst of effort on a Saturday afternoon thrown in when sagging energy levels caused by Blackthorn permit).

We are clearly paying this bloke top whack money, given our financial position and the league we play in and what repayment have we had? Not a fat lot in my opinion. The gut has scored 4 goals this season I believe which probably works out at somewhere near £30,000 per goal but don't worry, you can all rest assured that this guy, seen incoherently propping up a bar at the same time we are propping up much of the third division, loves the club.

Despite all the denials the club would give you, the removal of this post and my impending ban, it is a fairly safe bet to assume that Mr Stewart likes a drink and has entered the comfort zone of the Bristol City Drinking and Fighting Club (with the odd burst of effort on a Saturday afternoon thrown in when sagging energy levels caused by Blackthorn permit).

We are clearly paying this bloke top whack money, given our financial position and the league we play in and what repayment have we had? Not a fat lot in my opinion. The gut has scored 4 goals this season I believe which probably works out at somewhere near £30,000 per goal but don't worry, you can all rest assured that this guy, seen incoherently propping up a bar at the same time we are propping up much of the third division, loves the club.

Shame if you get banned for telling the truth - allegedly :razz:

or it could be to do with SL feeling guilty for throwing away a fortune on a no hoper after throwing away a team on Tinnion

Guest essex exile

To be honest greebo thats a bit strong although MANY A TRUE WORD SAID IN JEST!!!

Having been exiled to southend when i make it to Bristol for a game and the topic in the pub after turns to our prodigal son the fact he spends an awful lot of his time on the sauce supposedly does arise personally i feel there is no truth in these allegations and he actually has a twin who is rather fond of the odd sherbert here and there so enough said and ilook forward to his first hat-trick in red and white against the cockney twerps i have to suffer day in day out!!!!! :city::city:

To be honest greebo thats a bit strong although MANY A TRUE WORD SAID IN JEST!!!

Having been exiled to southend when i make it to Bristol for a game and the topic in the pub after turns to our prodigal son the fact he spends an awful lot of his time on the sauce supposedly does arise personally i feel there is no truth in these allegations and he actually has a twin who is rather fond of the odd sherbert here and there so enough said and ilook forward to his first hat-trick in red and white against the cockney twerps i have to suffer day in day out!!!!! :city::city:

I will say it again. GET THIS STEWART GEEZER OUT ON LOAN!The memorial stadium will do!!!!!!!!!

Greebo, there is nothing that you've written in your post that is not true. I'm very disappointed with Stewart and his mate Bridges. I've been conned, you've been conned and the club have been conned by a very 'Gassey' individual - and not the type of Gas contained within Blackthorn cider if you get my drift. :angry:

If he loves the club as much as he goes on about,why don't he knock the drinking on the head and give us 2 years of quality.

He can get on the pi22 as much as he likes when he retires but while he is here he should really knuckle down and show us the real marcus stewart.

There is going to be a hell of a clear out at this club and i think there are a selected few that can consider themselves safe.

I think you are all missing an important point here.

Probably fair to say that Marcus Stewart is a Championship League striker playing in League One. Trouble is a Championship striker is used to getting championship supply and support from his team and he isn't going to get that from a League One side.

Fans often wonder why strikers who move down a notch or two don't cut it as expected. Well I believe that sometimes the above explanation is the reason.

Improve your approach play and your supply to the frontline and you will get the best out of Stewy. After all, we did!

If he loves the club as much as he goes on about,why don't he knock the drinking on the head and give us 2 years of quality.

He can get on the pi22 as much as he likes when he retires but while he is here he should really knuckle down and show us the real marcus stewart.

There is going to be a hell of a clear out at this club and i think there are a selected few that can consider themselves safe.

Wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the real Stewart geezer!

Probably fair to say that Marcus Stewart is a Championship League striker playing in League One. Trouble is a Championship striker is used to getting championship supply and support from his team and he isn't going to get that from a League One side.

Fans often wonder why strikers who move down a notch or two don't cut it as expected. Well I believe that sometimes the above explanation is the reason.

Improve your approach play and your supply to the frontline and you will get the best out of Stewy. After all, we did!

Very fair point. 4 goals with the supply line he has is not that bad especially in view of his injury and now another one.

StapletonGas Posted Today, 3:39 PM

What complete twaddle!! I have watched stewart played the ball to his feet in space close to the 18 yard box where i would expect any centre forward to go on and have a shot (yes even peter crouch), but all he has done is turn backwards and look for support!! He has never been noted for his pace but a little bit wouldn't go amiss, and he isn't going to find any extra at the bottom of a glass!!

If all he wants is the rest of the team to set him up with tap ins like BROOKER did against port vale then we could save a fortune and train a chimpanzea to do that!!

What complete twaddle!! I have watched stewart played the ball to his feet in space close to the 18 yard box where i would expect any centre forward to go on and have a shot (yes even peter crouch), but all he has done is turn backwards and look for support!! He has never been noted for his pace but a little bit wouldn't go amiss, and he isn't going to find any extra at the bottom of a glass!!

If all he wants is the rest of the team to set him up with tap ins like BROOKER did against port vale then we could save a fortune and train a chimpanzea to do that!!

i think i might come back when everyone has calmed down!!!

StapletonGas is Gas, anyone would think StapletonGas is an apologist for Marcus Stewart. Or would he be one of Stewart's drinking partners at the Essex Arms? :blink:

StapletonGas is Gas, anyone would think StapletonGas is an apologist for Marcus Stewart. Or would he be one of Stewart's drinking partners at the Essex Arms? :blink:

I don't know the bloke, I am practically tee total and I have no idea where the Essex Arms is.

Twaddle? I don't think so. Football is not about individuals, it is about partnerships all over the park, itis about how well players gel together.

Surely you have all seen examples at AG of players who are simply not on the same wavelength as each other no matter how much promise they show as individuals.

Surely you have all seen examples of a player who has not impressed you, yet gone on to play well and enjoy success at another club, leaving you wondering why he didn't do the same for you.

As I said above, it is about partnerships.

Therefore one good striker with a great reputation is not necessarily walk into another club and repeat what he has done elsewhere. What he achieved elsewhere was reliant on his team mates as much as his own ability. Couple that with stepping down a rung where the reality is that players are of a lower calibre, and the chances of getting the same supply to achieve the same success starts to dwindle.

Twaddle? I don't think so. Try a reality check.

Therefore one good striker with a great reputation is not necessarily walk into another club and repeat what he has done elsewhere. What he achieved elsewhere was reliant on his team mates as much as his own ability. Couple that with stepping down a rung where the reality is that players are of a lower calibre, and the chances of getting the same supply to achieve the same success starts to dwindle.

That's a good observation and probably as close to the truth as anyone will get.

The trouble is if your team mates are not on the same wavelength or of the same calibre what would you need to do to overcome this? I would suggest that getting ratar$ed (allegedly) on a regular basis isn't the way. Surely you would need to get yourself in peak fitness and set an example, especially to the younger players. Also you need 100% fitness to do more running about on the pitch to make up for your team mates deficiencies. Maybe he doesn't want to do that anymore, which is fair enough but if that's the case then he really shouldn't be taking the King's shilling.

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't take it seriously, I hope he does and I can't believe he'd rather be remembered as a waster rather than a hero. He's got to sort his head out PDQ.

Yep - spot on. Your post echoes what a lot of people have been saying on here - myself included.

I have never been convinced that it was his 'boyhood dream' to play for us - I was shouted down on here by loads of people for daring to say that - but I think his inept performances despite being paid a fortune have proved that he was looking for an easy last pay day.

He scored around 20 goals for Sunderland last season - where's that effort? Commitment? etc

After all - it was his 'dream' to play for us - well play like you mean it Mr Stewart

Yep - spot on. Your post echoes what a lot of people have been saying on here - myself included.

I have never been convinced that it was his 'boyhood dream' to play for us - I was shouted down on here by loads of people for daring to say that - but I think his inept performances despite being paid a fortune have proved that he was looking for an easy last pay day.

He scored around 20 goals for Sunderland last season - where's that effort? Commitment? etc

After all - it was his 'dream' to play for us - well play like you mean it Mr Stewart

Evening Fawlty!

I spent about fifteen minutes of the Tranmere game watching Stewart, his positioning etc. In that time, on four occasions he placed himself in an ideal position to have a run at goal, shoot etc. No-one either on our team or the opposition spotted him.

Now, I'm not necessarily defending the guy as I think that some of his work rate has been shoddy, but he'd be a more prolific player if we had the players in midfield with the vision or the confidence to seek him out.

If I recall when we first signed Stewart, there were a lot of comments from Sunderland fans at the beginning of last season criticising him in the same way that people have on this forum. And then he went on a goal fest.

Scooter Red

Evening Fawlty!

I spent about fifteen minutes of the Tranmere game watching Stewart, his positioning etc. In that time, on four occasions he placed himself in an ideal position to have a run at goal, shoot etc. No-one either on our team or the opposition spotted him.

Now, I'm not necessarily defending the guy as I think that some of his work rate has been shoddy, but he'd be a more prolific player if we had the players in midfield with the vision or the confidence to seek him out.

If I recall when we first signed Stewart, there were a lot of comments from Sunderland fans at the beginning of last season criticising him in the same way that people have on this forum. And then he went on a goal fest.

Scooter Red

YEP! your only good as the players around you, (crap)!

Irrespective of money, alcohol, workrate - the one thing that goalscorers need above everything else is confidence. Just because Marcus has been a premiership striker does not mean that he is somehow immune to the criticism and loss of form that has turned one of the best squads in the division into directionless strugglers.

I also seem to recall that early on in his Ipswich career Marcus struggled and it wasn't until he scored a screamer in a play-off game that it really took off. No doubt he would dearly love someone with the craft and guile of Jim Magilton pull the strings in City's midfield....

Archived