IGNORED

Arn't We Just Not Good Enough

robjames

I think the time has come to except we just arn't good enough. We are expecting success and all in fairness we pay are money and we can ask for something in reward.

However saying that over the last 6 months we have to except are players as a team are poor and arn't good enough to win the league. Yeah apparently we have a the best squad i disagree we have the most expensive i would think.

We will have to let Johnson get hold of this club and start agian. I'm afraid its going to be a time thing.

I think the time has come to except we just arn't good enough. We are expecting success and all in fairness we pay are money and we can ask for something in reward.

However saying that over the last 6 months we have to except are players as a team are poor and arn't good enough to win the league. Yeah apparently we have a the best squad i disagree we have the most expensive i would think.

We will have to let Johnson get hold of this club and start agian. I'm afraid its going to be a time thing.

Spot on!

Correct unfortunately; going to be a 3 year thing; maybe get the new stand by then :o:farmer:

The thing is I'm not the one shouting sack him. I love this club and will except in a time the good days will return.

Fair play.

I am always optimistic and can see us easily getting a play-off spot still this season. 7 points ain't that far from us at this point in the season!!!

:city:

At last, some realism is starting to creep into the forum (and that is not a dig at you, robjames). Surely, even the most idiotic village idiot supporter we have can now see, as a matter of fact, that we do not have anything like the best squad in the league. Whenever the going gets tough, our squad seems to find a way of getting going (AWOL).

I have to admit, as much as it will probably get me stick, I did not have any confidence whatsoever that we would come back with anything today. I knew that with Ronnie Moore as manager Oldham would put themselves about, be physical and direct. Our lot simply do not have the stomach to overcome that. The only time they have any inclination to show some fight is in a crowded bar, and not the one place they are handsomely paid to do so.

We have players on THOUSANDS of pounds PER WEEK who are simply not EARNING their money and are stopping a new stand getting built down the gate so at least we can watch the drivel in comfort (whatever the club PR disaster may feed you). At least we now have a man at the helm who can actually manage and it is refreshing to see that people in the boardroom have stayed there since his appointment instead of filling the back pages of the Evil Post with pathetic soundbites. The problem is, however, and this is the bit that hurts many of the cloud cuckoo land brigade, is that the rebuilding job is going to take time and as supporters we have no choice but to applaud the improved football we will undoubtably see and wait patiently for the results to match our aspirations.

At last, some realism is starting to creep into the forum (and that is not a dig at you, robjames). Surely, even the most idiotic village idiot supporter we have can now see, as a matter of fact, that we do not have anything like the best squad in the league. Whenever the going gets tough, our squad seems to find a way of getting going (AWOL).

I have to admit, as much as it will probably get me stick, I did not have any confidence whatsoever that we would come back with anything today. I knew that with Ronnie Moore as manager Oldham would put themselves about, be physical and direct. Our lot simply do not have the stomach to overcome that. The only time they have any inclination to show some fight is in a crowded bar, and not the one place they are handsomely paid to do so.

We have players on THOUSANDS of pounds PER WEEK who are simply not EARNING their money and are stopping a new stand getting built down the gate so at least we can watch the drivel in comfort (whatever the club PR disaster may feed you). At least we now have a man at the helm who can actually manage and it is refreshing to see that people in the boardroom have stayed there since his appointment instead of filling the back pages of the Evil Post with pathetic soundbites. The problem is, however, and this is the bit that hurts many of the cloud cuckoo land brigade, is that the rebuilding job is going to take time and as supporters we have no choice but to applaud the improved football we will undoubtably see and wait patiently for the results to match our aspirations.

Good post. Agree whole heartedly with the remark about the boardroom, in particular.

Fair play.

I am always optimistic and can see us easily getting a play-off spot still this season. 7 points ain't that far from us at this point in the season!!!

:city:

IF - and it's quite a big if - we win our game in hand, the table wont look quite so depressing - in fact we could be only 4 points off a playoff spot - given the state we were in at the start of the season I'd be positively extastic to be top 6 by xmas ?

I always try to be positive and whilst I accept there are too many better teams between us and the play off area, we are not poor enough to be relegated either. I suggest we fans forget achieving anything tangible this season, but get behind our new manager and suport any new tactics and players he introduces so that next year we can look forward with anticipation. :city:

Bingo a man who talks sense :chant6ez:

IF - and it's quite a big if - we win our game in hand, the table wont look quite so depressing - in fact we could be only 4 points off a playoff spot - given the state we were in at the start of the season I'd be positively extastic to be top 6 by xmas ?

Exactly. A win on wednesday and the table wouldn't be that depressing at all.

We'd have 19 points, 12 amassed under Gary J's brief reign. There could be every reason for optimism by midweek.

As you say though...a win at Chessie is a big if!

Archived